Pie and Bet £10 Challenge Number 2 - Banked £103.76

Div

Here we go again !!

Challenge Bet 1; Aberdeen to beat St.Mirren £10.00 @ 4/7 returns £15.71 WON
Challenge Bet 2; Arsenal to win race to 7 corners vs Stoke (1pm KO). £15.71 @ 4/9 returns £22.70 WON
Challenge Bet 3; Hibernian u-20s to beat Dunfermline u20s (1915 KO). £22.70 @ 17/20 returns £42.01 WON
Challenge Bet 4; West Ham v Everton, West Ham to win Corner Match. £42.01 @ 4/7 returns £66.03 WON
Challenge Bet 5; Spurs v Burnley. Spurs no clean sheet. £66.03 @ 4/7 returns £103.76 WON

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Betting against your own team?

poor show Div, poor show

It's the team I have the most knowledge of. We are hopeless and will get pumped today.

Minus 1 a better bet imo.....chances are the sheep won't lose a goal, and minus 1 is soooo much better odds.

I understand it's better returns, but Div will have learned from last time to have patience. Look what happened when he chased the big returns last time. Steady does it in these kind of things.

I understand it's better returns, but Div will have learned from last time to have patience. Look what happened when he chased the big returns last time. Steady does it in these kind of things.

This. Don't want to be greedy. Slowly, Slowly !

Bet 2 is in the 1pm kick off game on Sunday.

Arsenal to win race to 7 corners is the tip.

Arsenal can be a horrible team to predict either way, but their style of football always breeds lots of corners. They are miles ahead of any other side in the EPL this season, averaging 7.7 corners per game to date whilst they also have the lowest concede rate, opposition teams averaging just 3.95 corners per game against them.

Opponents Stoke have the 5th highest concede rate, averaging a loss of 6 corners per game. They defend like dogs and it's safety first.

If in doubt, put it out !

Price of 4/9 isn't massively attractive but it's safer than backing the gunners to win the game !

With our kitty of £15.71 on it, this will return us £22.70 if it lands.

Bet 2 is in the 1pm kick off game on Sunday.

Arsenal can be a horrible team to predict either way, but their style of football always breeds lots of corners. They are miles ahead of any other side in the EPL this season, averaging 7.7 corners per game to date whilst they also have the lowest concede rate, opposition teams averaging just 3.95 corners per game against them.

Opponents Stoke have the 5th highest concede rate, averaging a loss of 6 corners per game. They defend like dogs and it's safety first.

If in doubt, put it out !

Price of 4/9 isn't massively attractive but it's safer than backing the gunners to win the game !

With our kitty of £15.71 on it, this will return us £22.70 if it lands.

Hmm, I assume you are betting on corners. Do we get a free bet if we guess correctly? I would assume over 10 or a race to five considering the odds.

Should have read the edit.

Hmm, I assume you are betting on corners. Do we get a free bet if we guess correctly? I would assume over 10 or a race to five considering the odds.

Should have read the edit.

Yeah sorry I have made that clearer in the paragraph explaining the tip.

Race to 5 was only 2/11, we need a wee bit more value at this stage I think and 7 should be more than do-able for the Gunners given their season average is over that figure.

Arsenal over 7.5 corners is 4/5 on bet365, if that's the site you're using.

One more corner for far better odds, plus you're covered in the unlikely event that Stoke get 7 first.

I'm guessing if no team gets to 7 then the bet is voided which could explain the shorter odds.

Bet 3 is this evening and we are lumping on Hibs u-20s to beat their counterparts from Dunfermline in a game which is scheduled for 1915 tonight.

Hibs are priced at 17/20 to win this one and our kitty of £22.70 would return £42.01 if we are successful.

Hibs are 7th in the development league with the Pars sitting in 9th.

Hibs won the corresponding fixture away from home (1-0) back in September.

Hibs last outing saw them lose heavily to Hamilton (1-4), same as Dunfermline did (1-6) however they were unbeaten in ten before that and have thrashed the likes of Dundee Utd, Rangers, Dundee and Partick Thistle in their home games. The Pars were in reasonable form too before Christmas but John Potter moving to the first team seems to have left them in a bit of a state.

So, for that reason, we are lumping on the Hibs. Good luck everyone.

Finished 3-2 to Hibs who very nearly blew a 3-0 lead the wee rascals.

Still we are in and we have £42.01 in the pot.

Will do some homework tonight for bet 4.

Archived