Rangers v Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015 (Match Rescheduled)

Having now looked at lots of posts, images and videos of the disgraceful scenes inside Ibrox last night, there's one thing which baffles me.

When Hearts played Livi away just after Xmas , there were around 30 young guys in the top corner of one of the stands just behind me, most of whom looked like they had to be home in bed before 6pm.

Apart from being noisy,boisterous and repeatedly banging that annoying fucking drum, there was never any sign of them causing trouble and some of their chants were actually quite funny .

However, Police Scotland spent almost the entire game either standing watching them or at half time , standing each side of them and amongst them to make their "presence " felt .

At one time I counted 25 Police officers, so basically , almost one per supporter.

So my question is , where the f**k were they last night, when it was all kicking off?

Why didn't they show the same "presence" inside Ibrox as they were so keen to do amongst a bunch of wee laddies ?

Why at Ibrox and Celtic Park is this almost always left with the low paid stewards to deal with ?

Probably time for Police Scotland to fucking grow a pair, get in amongst these trouble makers and get things sorted out .

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Desperate stuff naming that video missiles being thrown, only one I seen in that was from the hearts end around 1:20, female steward ducks at the moment is thrown.

Both sets of fans as bad as each other, can't just wind folk up till they bust and then act the victim.

^^^^I would normally say, you need to go to Specsavers, but I was there last week and they are shite. But I would recommend you see(see what I did there) a good optician.

At 1.42 it great to see a great bonding moment between father and son, where the father has a w**k while he has his arm around his son. Its moments like that, that kids remember when they are older.

Typical response from you MT,I picked up 3 mates at the Airport in from Belfast this afternoon, then met 2 lads in our SC who had travelled up from Birmingham, another from St Asaph in North Wales, and a mate who had driven up from Bristol and set off at six on Friday morning.Proper supporters!F*ck the whinging Tarts fans who've had to travel 40 miles! I hope you've spent a good few quid and that it took you f*ckin ages to get back to your slovenly hole

Seriously Rob?

This is your response to last night's events.

Do get a grip, mate.

Desperate stuff naming that video missiles being thrown, only one I seen in that was from the hearts end around 1:20, female steward ducks at the moment is thrown.

Both sets of fans as bad as each other, can't just wind folk up till they bust and then act the victim.

watch it again.there were a few objects thrown from rangers fans.

ED's video is pretty frightening to be honest, those Rangers fans don't act like humans. Look at them slavering at the mouth trying to jump on the segregation advert thing. Genuinely never seen anything like it, I understand people get angry at football but that angry? That's not right.

Everyone does realise that RedRob72 is an alias don't they?

I fear the Old Firm game will be an embarrassing day for Scottish football.

They were like that earlier this season when we played them in the League Cup. Constantly trying to get at ICT fans, lobbing various things at us in the ground, fans were attacked outside Ibrox and one of the supporters buses had a brick or bricks thrown at it. Going to Ibrox is one of the worst experiences in Scottish football purely down to the behaviour of their knuckle dragging support.

They were like that earlier this season when we played them in the League Cup. Constantly trying to get at ICT fans, lobbing various things at us in the ground, fans were attacked outside Ibrox and one of the supporters buses had a brick or bricks thrown at it. Going to Ibrox is one of the worst experiences in Scottish football purely down to the behaviour of their knuckle dragging support.

They were like that in our first game there this season, somebody chucked a coin at my Papa who's in his mid 70s! We didn't run supporters buses as it's easier just to get the train from Dumbarton, and I suppose, they didn't want to risk what seemingly happens to all the opposition fan buses who turn up.

Rangers need to come out and rip these people creatures a new one. If you are caught throwing something at the game- season ticket revoked year long ban. If you are caught spitting on someone, the same. Anyone chucking a brick at a bus deserves the jail and I hope that they have (or will be) caught. It is the most hostile an away day I've ever experienced, and the wee boys in the section to the right spent more of the time watching and shouting at us with their backs turned to the game than they did watching it. Bizarre.

Who among us could suspect foul play when the undersoil heated Ibrox pitch unexpectedly freezes over for the first time in decades, in a way that it doesn't at other undersoil heated grounds, on the very day that Hearts could confirm their title credentials in front of a diddy, diddy Rangers crowd.

Surely none of us. There's nothing suspect going on here, and everyone must respect the fact that Rangers didn't turn their undersoil heating off to either a) avoid the bills or b) avoid getting stuffed by Hearts.

Nope, it's merely the first time in decades that a game has been called off at Ibrox, and the fact the team was about to get fucked out of the title race was a mere coincidence. These amazing coincidences just happen sometimes, and we should all just accept it.

There might be a shred of relevance there if the game had been postponed due to a frozen pitch. But it wasn't, so you just wasted 5 minutes of your life.

ED's video is pretty frightening to be honest, those Rangers fans don't act like humans. Look at them slavering at the mouth trying to jump on the segregation advert.

I get what you're saying, but from the video the few who look as if they are (half-heartedly) going over the barrier know fine well that they will not get to the other side before being stopped.

Its all show.

To me, it was like the tv programme the other day. The fascists goading and giving it the big un to the Muslims, knowing fine well neither side will get through the police cordon.

Archived