Falkirk v Queen of the South

He pulled him twice though & the second time was in the box

I've not seen it. But if he pulled him twice and the first was outside the box then it's a freekick surely? Unless you reckon the first pull wasn't a foul but the second was? ;)

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were a bit confused about that. It was waved in the general direction of both Kerr and Leahy, but presumably was meant for the latter.

It was definitely Leahy. Referee even pointed to him to make it clear. Kerr just happened to be standing in between them at the time.

He pulled him twice though & the second time was in the box

I've not seen it. But if he pulled him twice and the first was outside the box then it's a freekick surely? Unless you reckon the first pull wasn't a foul but the second was? ;)

unfortunately you have queens posters who like to pretend you are a bigger club than falkirk despite the weight of evidence against

No, you don't.

I remember one poster earlier in the week suggesting that Falkirk were no bigger than us just now. It was a view I challenged.

Otherwise, I don't honestly think there's been the remotest debate about the relative stature of the clubs - just some about the relative merits of the current sides.

Seriously, this is bonkers.

Well, if we took our chances we wouldve won......in the same manner if your auntie had baws she'd be your uncle.

One sided first half, QOS came more into it in the 2nd half and when on top in a 15min period stole a point, we lost our way a bit in the 2nd half although had as many good chances to score.

Laughing at the outside box shouts from the Queens fans for the first penalty, its hard for me to conclude either way but the defender couldve been sent off then for stopping a goalscoring opportunity.....he didnt even book him....

Baird and Kerr again played well, on another day Baird wouldve scored or been more greedy and shot with one in the first half, Baird is going to be an important signing for us, he is linking up well with Loy. I can see what Housty was trying to do with Subs, pushing Sibbs into centre and Cooper was an attacking midfield option, cautious in a way but still more attacking. Morgan didnt really do anything with the time he was on, still early days but it was back to the Shepherd hope sub and not do anything, which is why Baird is an important signing.

Its obvious which fans are happier with the point, infact some are erect over the fact of it, but its a long season, we are creating chances we didnt in the first quarter, just a pity we have Hearts away next.......

No, you don't.I remember one poster earlier in the week suggesting that Falkirk were no bigger than us just now. It was a view I challenged.Otherwise, I don't honestly think there's been the remotest debate about the relative stature of the clubs - just some about the relative merits of the current sides.Seriously, this is bonkers.

You're wasting your time MT. I pointed out earlier that in both this topic and the previous match topic, it was a Falkirk fan that mentioned "club size" first. Yet it's the Queens fans that are "obsessed" with club size apparently!

No. The referee is not obliged to give an earlier foul. He can let it go and take action if it continues in the box if he wishes.

Thats not what happened here though. Pretty sure Vinnie let go of Loy before he entered the box. Thats quite clearly why he did it where he did in the first place.

No, you don't.I remember one poster earlier in the week suggesting that Falkirk were no bigger than us just now. It was a view I challenged.Otherwise, I don't honestly think there's been the remotest debate about the relative stature of the clubs - just some about the relative merits of the current sides.Seriously, this is bonkers.

You're wasting your time MT. I pointed out earlier that in both this topic and the previous match topic, it was a Falkirk fan that mentioned "club size" first. Yet it's the Queens fans that are "obsessed" with club size apparently!

No, you don't.

I remember one poster earlier in the week suggesting that Falkirk were no bigger than us just now. It was a view I challenged.

Otherwise, I don't honestly think there's been the remotest debate about the relative stature of the clubs - just some about the relative merits of the current sides.

Seriously, this is bonkers.

Fine then I accept your word on the matter....as in relative merits of current sides you are a well organised side who although I thought we went through you first half you never buckled & were far better second half. ... What was wrong with Carmichael today ..really thought he would run leahy ragged but he never really isolated him

Well, that was a game of a thousand incidents. I'll have to wait on the TV replays for the penalties, the first one looked outside the box and frankly I haven't a clue about the second one.

We started poorly and Falkirk certainly were the better team in the first half, although it took a penalty to score. Incidentally it was right down the missle. not in the corner as the BBC would have you believe.

Second half we were better and we got our reward. I think Reilly thought he had touched/diverted it for the goal, he turned away as though he'd scored only to see everyone congratulating Russell. Who was then substituted!

I wasn't sure about the subs at the time. If you're going to throw on two subs but then score while they're about to come on, I'd have been tempted to give it another 5 minutes. That said, I thought they both did well, Paton in particular caught the eye.

Not sure about the relative number of shots on target, but in the second half Queens had two goalbound shots cleard by defenders (credit to them, that's what they're supposed to do), and Lyle was clear through and took a touch too many.

Sibbald is a class act, Falkirk are a good team and played some good football a lot of the time. Miles better than they were at Palmerston.

Durnan had not one of his better games. But in his defence, he seems to regard the hoof up the park as a criminal offence, and he will dither on the ball looking for a better option. I still think he's been our best player for the last couple of seasons, we're all entitled to a bad day at the office.

I would start the back 4 that finished today next week. Hooper seems very steady and I would give him a go at right back.

At the end of the day, it was an entertaining game between two evenly matched teams, and despite Raith's improved form, I still think it's between us and Falkirk for 4th. 16 games left......

Laughing at the outside box shouts from the Queens fans for the first penalty, its hard for me to conclude either way but the defender couldve been sent off then for stopping a goalscoring opportunity.....he didnt even book him....

Why would whether any foul was inside the box or not, affect the ref's right to send the player off?

What was wrong with Carmichael today ..really thought he would run leahy ragged but he never really isolated him

I'm a big Carmichael fan, but that wasn't an atypical performance from him to be honest.

He threatens a lot and he offers us an excellent option out wide. He still doesn't really make it count often enough for me though.

Russell was raging at getting subbed the board was about to go up then queens scored...thought fowler would have changed his mind but he went ahead...mark millar hardly touched the ball when he came on strange performance by him but I think he could be the key player for you in the run in he can control a game on his day & all us bairns and are gutted that his spat with Houston caused the end of his falkirk career

Well, that was a game of a thousand incidents. I'll have to wait on the TV replays for the penalties, the first one looked outside the box and frankly I haven't a clue about the second one.

We started poorly and Falkirk certainly were the better team in the first half, although it took a penalty to score. Incidentally it was right down the missle. not in the corner as the BBC would have you believe.

Second half we were better and we got our reward. I think Reilly thought he had touched/diverted it for the goal, he turned away as though he'd scored only to see everyone congratulating Russell. Who was then substituted!

I wasn't sure about the subs at the time. If you're going to throw on two subs but then score while they're about to come on, I'd have been tempted to give it another 5 minutes. That said, I thought they both did well, Paton in particular caught the eye.

Not sure about the relative number of shots on target, but in the second half Queens had two goalbound shots cleard by defenders (credit to them, that's what they're supposed to do), and Lyle was clear through and took a touch too many.

Sibbald is a class act, Falkirk are a good team and played some good football a lot of the time. Miles better than they were at Palmerston.

Durnan had not one of his better games. But in his defence, he seems to regard the hoof up the park as a criminal offence, and he will dither on the ball looking for a better option. I still think he's been our best player for the last couple of seasons, we're all entitled to a bad day at the office.

I would start the back 4 that finished today next week. Hooper seems very steady and I would give him a go at right back.

At the end of the day, it was an entertaining game between two evenly matched teams, and despite Raith's improved form, I still think it's between us and Falkirk for 4th. 16 games left......

If we don't appeal Durns red I would start Mitch at right back.

On reflection....

Quite few decent posts here.

I give credit to 2 fully committed pretty decent teams.

Not much between us.

An impression that remains is the number of blocking bodies and last ditch interceptions that occurred at both ends.

Credit to both defences.

And when the emotion subsides....

You may be able to see that that was a good game of football between 2 good sides.

2nd half was very entertaining.

Thought the committed professional players were worth their salt today.

An impression that remains is the number of blocking bodies and last ditch interceptions that occurred at both ends.

That was a feature.

We had a few such blocks in the first half, often as with a notable Dowie one, in reparation for a previous error.

Lyle was twice denied by similar in the second half too.

Archived