Hibernian v Cowdenbeath

We all know that we are in a super tough league with many big sides in it. No disgrace to lose to what is shaping up to be a very decent Hibs team. They would probably be mid table in the SPL.

My main concern is the negative style of our play and the lack of fresh thinking to try and address the teams problems. We have been unlucky with injuries to key players but Jimmy needs to play a consistent team and shape and keep Brownlie in the team where we desperately need him. Our forward options are paper thin and we have a squad full of midfielders. We are dire to watch just now. Don't mind us being beaten but we play no football and have no width just now.

All that being said we somehow still sit in 8th place. The main aim is to stay up which would be a fantastic achievement. It's tough to watch us play just now though.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would like to know how you know makel gets no input and jimmy doesnt speak to him?

Who is telling you this to back up your statements?

Jimmy and makel stood together the whole game vs raith discussing things. What I don't know but talking.

Alloa are finding it just as hard.

We're not really, we generally compete pretty well and lose narrowly despite often feeling we deserved something. Majority of defeats have been by a single goal and our worst defeat against the big three is 2-0. In 9 games against that lot it was only in the two Edinburgh matches last month that we didn't cause the opposition real problems. Despite all that, we're 9th with an abysmal 13 points and unless we start putting away our chances we'll go down. Funny old season.

:lol: :lol: Third at least but should be looking at an outside chance of catching Rangers is what I've been saying for months.

You've had us as potential relegation candidates at points this season, ya dafty :P

You'll catch The Rangers, you still have them to play twice and you more than have their measure, I'll be backing Hibs both games as The Ranger are fucking murder as you've shown twice already this season (and should have been thrice!)

would like to know how you know makel gets no input and jimmy doesnt speak to him?

Who is telling you this to back up your statements?

Watch them Al. Actually watch them. I have for the last 4 games and they have barely said I word. Someone claiming they were constantly conversing during the Raith game is laughable. For me it's clear that's not management team that are working together. Ask if i would name people.

Christ, we give Hearts fans shit for dragging out 5-1 whenever they can. Watching the full match on the Hibs TV freeview. They once again turn 7 minutes into 0-7 minutes in the commentary

Night and day compared to the 3-2 struggle in September! Stubbs making a difference and great how comfortable a lot of our players are on the ball these days.

Quite a big game next week so a win would set us up nicely.

Cowdenbeath were truly abysmal though and felt a wee bit for their fans... until you realise they play in red white and blue + their chairman and manager are raging h**s

Night and day compared to the 3-2 struggle in September! Stubbs making a difference and great how comfortable a lot of our players are on the ball these days.

Quite a big game next week so a win would set us up nicely.

Cowdenbeath were truly abysmal though and felt a wee bit for their fans... until you realise they play in red white and blue + their chairman and manager are raging h**s

its you that has the problem coming up with that dross.

Watch them Al. Actually watch them. I have for the last 4 games and they have barely said I word. Someone claiming they were constantly conversing during the Raith game is laughable. For me it's clear that's not management team that are working together. Ask if i would name people.

Never claimed they were constantly conversing. They stood together and did talk. I was paying attention to this as you previously said they stop at opposite sides of the dugout. As I said don't know how often they talked and what makel s input was but they did stand together.

I hate the red socks for this reason and have raised the topic a few times but have been shot down by club officials and supporters who cannot or will not see the link.

Was good to see Rangers playing Alloa with red socks on last week to keep the topic alive.

I think it appears there is just something missing between the two however to say makel has no input or say in anything first team related is just wrong. He coaches the players for god sake. This team makel thing from a couple of people is just ridiculous there is no proof or substance that makel would do a better job than jimmy he has been at the club a long time and is part of the management therefore must take responsibility for the teams failings also. As must the players may I add! Oyenuga etc etc.

I hate the red socks for this reason and have raised the topic a few times but have been shot down by club officials and supporters who cannot or will not see the link.

Was good to see Rangers playing Alloa with red socks on last week to keep the topic alive.

Never been a big fan of the red socks either always used to be either blue or white before which looks much better imo.

I think it appears there is just something missing between the two however to say makel has no input or say in anything first team related is just wrong. He coaches the players for god sake. This team makel thing from a couple of people is just ridiculous there is no proof or substance that makel would do a better job than jimmy he has been at the club a long time and is part of the management therefore must take responsibility for the teams failings also. As must the players may I add! Oyenuga etc etc.

I do actually think they have a plan, sort of. Problem is the players involved aren't good enough. How many times did Millar get in a good position to put a cross in and either couldn't or there was no one to cross it to. And as for the one free kick we got in a shooting position, the less said about that the better.

I was one of the unlucky ones who got to the ground early yesterday and watched the players putting in some shooting practice. Grim stuff.

'Let's practice shooting even though we won't get a shot during the game'.

I'm glad we are persisting with the free kick routine of giving the ball to Miller and letting him shoot aimlessly from 40 yards. Really imaginative and good to watch.

I still can't understand why Brownlie was dropped from Livi. He had a far better game than Nat so if he wanted to change it Nat should have made way. I can't understand why Milne was brought in and shoehorned wide(ish) right, ludicrous. Why sign a boy on loan and give him 15 minutes? What's the point. Get him in the team.

Archived