Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaaah, bollox!

Just the Motherwell game postponed, then? Can we not just finish the season now? We've got to get the exterminators in to get rid of a couple of Johnstons...

How bad have you actually been? On paper, it doesn't seem like you're standing is that bad.

That's what I thought, a load of whinging and yet their higher up the league than us, strange one.

For the first part of the season, we were passing the ball and looked quite good. We gained quite a few points as well playing through this style. Then for some reason, we turned to booting the ball forward at every chance we get now and are now not winning many matches. Mix this in with the fact AJ is now even more clueless with tactics and how players positions work.

Basically, if your CH can defend a high ball and don't give away any free-kicks or penalties, then it should be a simple win for Dundee.

So apart from lying down to Sevco has it really been that bad?

Not bad, just abysmal.

For the first part of the season, we were passing the ball and looked quite good. We gained quite a few points as well playing through this style. Then for some reason, we turned to booting the ball forward at every chance we get now and are now not winning many matches. Mix this in with the fact AJ is now even more clueless with tactics and how players positions work.

Basically, if your CH can defend a high ball and don't give away any free-kicks or penalties, then it should be a simple win for Dundee.

Not bad, just abysmal.

That doesn't sound like an optimistic outlook. But you won't go down as long as Motherwell remain consistently awful. And you are still above us!

It's mental how differently is fans see things. I thought they were utter horseshite and were just pumping aimless long balls up the park. So much so I stalked their threads for a while saying such, now the points are drying up it appears their own fans have even begun to realise their playing style.

Ken! It's mental, but that is football. Braw.

Is that boy Gadzhalov as shite as he looked in the highlights against Aberdeen? If so, I hope he starts.

in a word... No. He was solid in both games I feel if he was still on we wouldn't have conceded the 3rd

masterfull command of the English language . is alf garnet a particular hero of yours ?

I think you meant to say "Masterful command of the English language. Is Alf Garnet a particular hero of yours?"

Your less than "masterfull" command of the English language has left you producing a "word salad" whilst trying to mock another posters vocabulary.

Much like your team this is embarrassing in the extreme and you are having a bit of a nightmare. It's really very endearing that St. Mirren fans crop up in Dundee threads every time they shit-fest their way to a rare 3 points but we are not rivals of St. Mirren in any way.

Not local rivals, no historical rivalry and certainly not relegation rivals. Please find someone else more relevant to your teams level to harangue.

Thanks

Aaaah, bollox!

Just the Motherwell game postponed, then? Can we not just finish the season now? We've got to get the exterminators in to get rid of a couple of Johnstons...

There are those who support Killie on here that say we can't get rid of AJ until the end of the season , but we have an able replacement in Locke and we would only have to pay a % of AJ ,s pay . Surely M J has thought of that ? Then we only have to get rid of him????

Locke is probably a worse manager than Johnston. And why would we only have to pay a percentage of Johnston's salary? Unless there was a clause in his contract, we'd have to pay him off in full.

Personally have to disagree. Locke had Hearts playing a nice style of football, nice tactic going too towards the end of the season. He also got the players playing together and for each other, when has AJ ever done that? Our style at the beginning of season was much like hearts last season, coincidence?

Personally have to disagree. Locke had Hearts playing a nice style of football, nice tactic going too towards the end of the season. He also got the players playing together and for each other, when has AJ ever done that? Our style at the beginning of season was much like hearts last season, coincidence?

When did this happen? I must have missed it in amongst all the hoofball. They were in a difficult situation with their transfer embargo, sure, but they were also an absolutely brutal side who appeared to have very little in the way of a plan throughout the season. At least Johnston can point to a successful record at Queen of the South - Locke has "got Hearts relegated and then got sacked".

How we going for this? Thinking with injuries it'll be:

Bain

Irvine Konrad Davo Dyer

McGowan McAllister

Harris Harkins Stewart

Tankulic

Maybe in a slightly different formation of course. From Saturday, McGinn, Godzilla and Thomson (I get the feeling he's being limited to one game a week anyway) have knocks so they'll drop out. Letheren, McPake and McBride are still out. Clarkson is a doubt (I would lead with Tank anyway). That'd leave us with Ferry, Roberts and Carreiro on the bench with maybe Clarkson back too.

We usually have a surprise return as we don't really reveal much so could be one of the injured players playing too. Irvine was meant to be out for the Aberdeen game but didn't show signs of lacking fitness.

EDIT: Just noticed that pictures of the team training have went up which include Letheren and McPake. Hartley has confirmed McPake will be back so I'd be happy for him to start with Konrad. Forgot about Wighton recall. Thomson isn't mentioned but I just don't see him making this and Saturday's game.

Archived