Thistle - Accies 21/1/15

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mind-boggling stuff being a football fan, we were as good tonight as we were bad on Saturday- half the players didn't look the same. Doolan, who looked like a wee boy lost on Saturday ran amok tonight. Injuries forced us into a really attacking line up and while the first half was open with Accies having good chances on the counter we were unusually clinical, first one was tight for offside but I think Doolan was behind the ball when it was played across by Stevenson, second one I was shouting for him to leave it for Stevenson unmarked at the back post, but what a turn and finish.

Third goal was pick of the bunch though, sort of goal we scored every second week in 12/13, great flick by Lawless and a fapworthy back heel. After that we just ran riot and abusing Dougie Imrie never gets old. Accies just lost the plot near the end and Crawford was lucky to stay on the park, proper heads gone stuff from him.

If Accies can get £2m for Hendrie that's the move of the century. Even if they get £200k that's excellent, although the fans on here haven't exactly been talking him up anyway.

From our POV, Doolan apart Lawless was magnificent with Stevenson not far behind, and Higgy had his best game in ages too. Another clean sheet for Seaborne and Frans, and Elliott is our best option at left back by a mile, but we definitely still need to sign one. No failures really, the difference in the players when their confidence is up is wild.

Hopefully we can put the back to back wins hoodoo behind us on Saturday, we probably only need another 4 wins in the remaining games to be safe - the quicker we can get there the quicker we can build for next year.

The 40 point mark is looking very far off all of a sudden

:D You've got 39 points FFS.

Apart from Doolan being offside for the first you deserved the win.

So we didn't deserve to win? I was pretty close to the line and my first instinct was to look to the lineswoman but she was right on it and I think Doolan may well have been in line with Stevenson when he hit it.

Pleasing. 8)

Actually thought the first might have been offside, but thankfully it wasn't, and after that it was an absolute stroll. Doolan and Lawless were brilliant, Higgy looks to have re-discovered his form, the Seaborne/Frans partnership is just miles better than anything else we've had since we've come up, and Christie looked totally fine at LB, where he'll hopefully stay until we sign one. All in all, a very positive game and result.

Heard someone say that our goal difference is 33 better than Motherwell's and we're only a position ahead of them. Mental.

Something has gone wrong at Accies, but after such a brilliant start to the season they'll be fine this season. 8th or 9th even with a total collapse.

Some performance. Stevenson and Lawless were superb and Elliot was great at LB. Only downside was Welsh being on the end of yet another bad tackle just as he comes back.

Another clean sheet for Frans, great having him and Seaborne at the back. Good to see Ecclestone nab his first league goal as well.

Obviously Doolan steals the show, what a guy :wub:

Oh, Thistle.

You just never know where you stand with us. Before the game, I was as depressed about us as I've been since we came back up - then you go and watch that. There's really not much more I can say. Kris Doolan was sensational. Amazing considering people were saying he was 'finished' and 'a shadow of his former self' on here and on various other sites.

I can't say I feel any great pleasure at watching Accies bubble bursting. They've been a breath of fresh air this season and I hope you can get your season back on track.

I don't want to alarm anyone, but I noticed the sewer rat that is Nacho Novo, scuttling away from Firhill after the game. New gaffer?

We are depressed enough at the collapse of the last 3 weeks without mentions of Novo,Gattuso,Butcher etc.Even Dick Campbell would be more welcome.

As I said when he left,we need to replace Neil as a player.No leadership and owners more interested in ass licking Norwich/Celtic.

I gave a lift home to an Accies mate tonight and couldn't believe the depth of apathy from your support towards your board.

Understand it a wee bit as I've heard it too but not 100% sure why. If someone would like to point out clearly what they're annoyed about then maybe it'll help me understand a bit more.

Archived