Fraser Aird's Devastating Campaign of Psychological Warfare

Clearly a devotee of Machiavelli and Sun Tzu, Rangers hidden weapon lies in the shrewd observation and cutting statements of their young midfielder Fraser Aird. I have to anticipate this lad will continue his campaign as the season progresses, so I have started a thread to archive his comments in sheer admiration. I will update as he makes them, feel free to post any if I happen to miss them and I'll add them in too:

1) "I probably won't watch the derby, Chelsea are playing Manchester United so I'm looking forward to that. I think that's a better game to look forward to. I have a few mates that play for [Hearts] and I always go and check their results. But if they are playing on the TV and there is nothing else on, I'd probably go and watch Coronation Street before I do that."

2) "...we have a better squad than them [Hearts, 13 points ahead of Rangers at time of statement]..."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's utter shite as well. It's staggering that a club like Sevco can know they have a minimum of three years of lower league football and only produce one good young player in that time.

Give them Telfer too, but your point still stands. Laughable.

In our defence the best thing we could do for his development was not play him.

There's no defense for anything about your shambolic disgrace of a "football club", nor is there a defense for any of its fans who continue to support it.

In 3 years you've managed to do more damage to the reputation of Scottish football than all non-OF teams have in their entire history. In fact you could probably even include Cheltic and Rangers Original in there and The Rangers International Football Club would still come out on top.

Especially after your debut against Cheltic and the fallout that will no doubt occur after your anuses have been collectively shredded.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-star-fraser-aird-id-5120305

AIRD would love to get revenge after Hoops skipper Scott Brown's comments after the match at Hampden.
Getty Images JS55847083.jpg

Fraser Aird of Rangers tackles Celtic's Emilio Izaguirre during the Scottish League Cup Semi-Final

FRASER AIRD wants another Old Firm showdown this year to give Rangers the chance to ram Scott Brown’s gloating words down the Celtic skipper’s throat.

The Ibrox midfielder was stung by Brown’s post-match comments claiming Hoops keeper Craig Gordon was “bored” because Rangers’ toothless performance had given him nothing to do. Now, as Gers prepare for a Scottish Cup tie against Raith Rovers tomorrow, Aird admits the possibility of drawing Celtic again is the perfect incentive for the Ibrox men to book their place in the next round.

Aird said: “If players are saying that they are pretty much saying we were s***e on the day.

“But Brown can say what he wants because that’s his opinion. I would love another crack at Celtic, definitely.

“I’m a Rangers fan so I would always want to play Celtic and it would be an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

“We didn’t give ourselves the best chance on Sunday because we had quite a bad first half. But if we got them again in the Cup I would definitely take them.”

JS55845509.jpg VIEW GALLERY

Aird was gutted not only by the manner in which Celtic cruised to victory but also by the fact he was substituted during the break as the fall guy for a miserable first-half performance.

But the Canadian-born winger insists the team has learned lessons from their shocker at Hampden and reckons they would be in a better position to put in a more spirited display against their rivals if fate was to hand them a rematch before the end of the season.

He added: “I am obviously disappointed, very disappointed. No player likes coming off at half-time. But in a big game if the manager is looking to make subs then somebody who doesn’t have the same experience as the other boys is probably the easiest option to take off.

“Some people have said that we might be glad that the score wasn’t worse but I don’t think any footballer would tell you that it is nice to get beaten 2-0 - especially against your Old Firm rivals.

“Obviously no one goes out wanting to get beaten in a game.

“The boys gave it all they could and in the first half we simply weren’t good enough. We gave ourselves too high a hill to climb in the second half. But I don’t think any of the boys would have been happy with a 2-0 defeat. I certainly wasn’t pleased with the result. But it’s over, we need to focus on Sunday.”

But you and you teammates are shite, Airdy. You'll finally realise this when you move away from the Big Hoose and play for a football team.

"Aird said: “If players are saying that they are pretty much saying we were s***e on the day.

But Brown can say what he wants because that’s his opinion."

Nope.

As much of a twat that Brown is Rangers were absolute garbage, and his comments were completely justified (and actually rather tame for Brown) by the reality on the pitch.

"But if we got them again in the Cup I would definitely take them."

Oh, Aird!

Archived