Partick Thistle v St Mirren 30/01/15

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic result. An absolute shitfest from us, can only assume Teale found Gus' guide to management during the week. Didn't think we had a hope in hell of holding on after the first half but Thistle offered little after the break and defensively we were superb.

Brilliant to be up to 10th bit we've got the points in the bag and they don't.

Oh and Dayton is the new Isma cool.png

Clueless. I am fuming. If you're going to lump it up that often then get Eccleston on alongside Doolan. When Fraser came on he was so deep having no impact at all - what was the thinking behind that Archie? We had plenty of the ball but we were stinking.

Take a bow Mr Jim Goodwin what a performance attacked everything with complete conviction and simply had Doolan in his back pocket for the whole game. Must be frustrationg being a Jags fans and having to constantly 'wheel out' your legends to do half time draw's from the last cup win like 50 year ago.

FT 0-1

What a tremendous result, and finally the clean sheet too. Delighted. We've only got 18 points this season, and 6 of them have been at Firhill. Cheers boyz! Can we make that our new home ground?

Oh, the game, terrible. First half the same as the second, us playing rubbish and Thistle playing worse. We played better against Dundee last week and lost.

I said to my mate early second half I just couldn't see Thistle scoring. They just looked totally devoid of ideas and belief. Beat Accies 5? Unbelievable based on tonight.

Special mention to our defence tonight. Our best player was Mark McAusland and our second best player was Jim Goodwin. Our midfield really did them no favours at all but they were superb all evening

Fifteen day break for us now and we go into it on a high. All Saints fans would have taken 7 points from the last 4 and we have got that, not in the expected order certainly but a good return.

Fair play. We were dreadful. Enjoy the win

Superb result but awful to watch not from a worried Thistle might score angle just a shite game. Tactically diabolical from Itchybaws who made it easy for us to grind out our first clean sheet in ages. The central defenders were excellent for a change but our midfield conceded possession constantly under very little pressure. Clearly playing for Teals and every chance of finishing outside the bottom two now.

You'd think that but this will finish 1-0 or a late 2-0.

Hey hey.

Goodwin and McAusland were terrific. Got to absolutely everything in the first half when we crossed and everything in the second when we hoofed it up to Stevenson. Absolutely devoid of ideas. Higginbotham stormed off when he was subbed but I hope it was because he was disappointed with his abject performance.

Struggling to think of positives. Booth looked like he'll fit right in. The fights between Osman and Osborne were great. Was hoping for an scrap but Issac came off injured. That's him out for the rest of the seasin. He'll leave and go to Kilmarnock, as it's closer to his family.

Clueless. I am fuming. If you're going to lump it up that often then get Eccleston on alongside Doolan. When Fraser came on he was so deep having no impact at all - what was the thinking behind that Archie? We had plenty of the ball but we were stinking.

Agreed. Again Archie has been great to this point and we should all be grateful but in my opinion has a nice eye for a player but he's taken us as far as he can with his ability as a coach. We will be a team who always struggles sitting in bottom six, trying to avoid relegation unless we can bring in these neat players and capture and improve them so they play consistent high level football. Doolan was anonymous tonight. Long balls played right into defenses hands.

You pump ICT and Accies both of whom have had great form at time but can't beat the teams around you in bottom six? Time and time again we make same mistakes. I thought a few players did well Booth looks an able young lad and hopefully with games will get better and Osman owned Ozzy for most of game but the game wasn't won there.

We've got a very able and talented young side but end of season we will lose SOD, Lawless, Higgy (who was shocking tonight), Osman and maybe even a couple of others.

Ach well who am I kidding. We're quite happy being a low level SPFL side as we just shouldn't and wouldn't spend to stay in top league. It's smart but so frustrating when you know your a hair away from being quality. I said earlier we should let players dream of the goal of being top 6 but seeing tonight won't ever happen, not the way we play so inconsistently.

St Mirren deservedly won and McLean was excellent. A real talent and the defense was tremendous.

Fucking URRRGH.

What a frustrating night and not the first time leaving Firhill like that since we came up. The talent is clearly there but we love to have these games where we look devoid of any spark. Lawless put in some shift and Stevenson wasn't bad. One shot on target the entire game though? Fucking hell.

Overall I think i draw would've been a fair result tonight. Partick were toothless the entire game, but generally had the better of the play. The early goal was key for us. Obviously with Thompson just being back from a hernia operation he's not at his most mobile, so not having to make runs and just being there to hold up the ball (whenever he could) suited him. If he was at full fitness I think he may have contributed more...probably even scored.

Still, I'm delighted with the win and can't believe we finally kept a clean sheet! Probably the best defensive performance by us this season...but that may also have been down to Partick.

Fucking URRRGH.

What a frustrating night and not the first time leaving Firhill like that since we came up. The talent is clearly there but we love to have these games where we look devoid of any spark. Lawless put in some shift and Stevenson wasn't bad. One shot on target the entire game though? Fucking hell.

Really? I can remember at least 2 saves that Ridgers had to make.

Really? I can remember at least 2 saves that Ridgers had to make.

Felt like only one. I'm in a cloud of negativity right now and didn't feel like more than one.

McAusland was terrific. Saint supporting friend of mine tells me he is usually poor, but he played great.

Note to Archie. That's how you shitfest a result after taking a lead. Learn muthafucka.

Any target men available before the transfer window shuts? Might be an idea if we're going to persist with Hoofball.

McLean is class, loved the Battle of the Ossies and thought the ref was decent in all he had to deal with.

Booth looks ok.

Least we don't lose our next game!

We were absolutely shocking tonight. Worst performance since we came up. I would hate to watch St Mirren every week, but they dealt with us so comfortably. No idea what game the people who said Booth was decent were watching, I think I would've rather had Carroll there.

Awful game generally. Only highlights were Osman and Osbourne's battles. That'll be Osbourne out for the rest of the season now, Saints fans are lucky he lasted this long though.

Hopefully that'll be the last of the talk about top 6 and we can concentrate on staying up, and maybe trying to string two consecutive results (that aren't losses) together.

We were absolutely shocking tonight. Worst performance since we came up. I would hate to watch St Mirren every week, but they dealt with us so comfortably. No idea what game the people who said Booth was decent were watching, I think I would've rather had Carroll there.

Awful game generally. Only highlights were Osman and Osbourne's battles. That'll be Osbourne out for the rest of the season now, Saints fans are lucky he lasted this long though.

Hopefully that'll be the last of the talk about top 6 and we can concentrate on staying up, and maybe trying to string two consecutive results (that aren't losses) together.

post-43-0-52595100-1422659735_thumb.jpg

Archived