Popmaster Radio 2

Lisa Cuddy

Anyone play? 10.30 on Radio 2. Thought it would be a fun thing like the Guardian quiz in GN. I actually play in a group on Facebook where we just post our scores and slag off the contestants for sounding like boring b*****ds and reeling off lists of everyone they've ever met when they say their hellos at the end.

24 points in both rounds for me today. 2 bonuses in the first, all three in the second. The two David Bowie original versions were utter crap compared to the covers. You wouldn't expect it from Bowie really but there you have it.

Listen most days but never scored 39 though i,ve got 36 a couple of times. i tend not to be very good on the years question in fact i,ve been as much as 10 years out.

I guessed 1976 for one of the years yesterday. The actual answer was 1967. :(

I've been on twice both times scored 12 points so at least I was consistent, the previous few weeks to me being on the questions were very 80s and 90s orientated, until I went on only one question post 1970s.

I usually get between 9 - 27

Im pretty solid on the questions from the 90s on but before then not so good which i suppose comes down to me not being alive at that time and i don't like music from those decades

I'm ok on 80s and 90s questions, anything before that and I'm completely lost. See above.

• 6 years later...

Have managed 33 on a few occasions but normally it's a spectacularly average "anywhere between 9-24 Ken".

I have tried to get on a couple of times, most notably on my 40th birthday - answered two out of the three qualifying questions, and was told thanks but no thanks. Was pissed off, and even more so when the two clowns that did make it on scored a couple of dozen between them. 

I've been tempted to do it but shat out because I just know it would be 'one of those days' and I'd make a tit of myself by getting 3.

Wouldn't want to get 39 on the show because when it gets to the champions league stage at the end of the year I can't answer any of the questions.

24 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

I've heard it a couple of times in hospital waiting rooms. Sounds like a good laugh and like something I might be quite good at. Sadly, I didn't like it enough to listen to Radio 2.

There is that. I only switch it on at 10.30 then back off again at 10.50.

I'm giving up on 6 music as well now though. Just stick my own playlist, normally.

Just now, Suspect Device said:

There is that. I only switch it on at 10.30 then back off again at 10.50.

I'm giving up on 6 music as well now though. Just stick my own playlist, normally.

Daytime 6 music is interminable as well. Decent after the watershed. Very rarely listen to anything on the radio unless it's Night Tracks or Late Junction on Radio 3. You're probably doing the right thing sticking to  your own playlist.