Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

oompa

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ffs it's only a cup draw, done and dusted move on.

Ffs it's only a cup draw, done and dusted move on.

You a school teacher RRG? Often telling us all what to do, or are you a west region committee member just supporting the establishment.

Not wetting my pants about it but it seems utterly futile to draw it at 5 and televise it at half 6. Why even bother. Lets be honest here, about 20 folk watch that STV regional drivel. The Scottish Cup draw was hardly going to put tens of thousands on the viewer numbers. Not when anybody with a twitter account already knew the outcome. I'm all for publicising the juniors but you need to choose your outlets. STV don't seem to want to touch the final with a bargepole. Why are they so keen to show a (delayed) last 16 draw?

Just to clear up the draw times once and for all.

The draw was made around 5pm

The 6.30pm time was only in case there needed to be another draw.

For example

- teams left in the bag

- teams with the same number

- teams without a number

- teams that were already out being included

- teams being put in the bag after being drawn out.

- teams being dropped on the floor and going right under the sofa

- having to add up who many teams need BYES etc

The very fact that the 6.30 draw wasn't needed shows that we should be praising the SJFA for an excellent performance.

Nonsense. I sincerely hope this post was in jest.

TJ likes Ladeside haha ye must be joking mate..scum is a word that springs to mind.

Hopefully it's no our game he decides to attend.

TJ likes Ladeside haha ye must be joking mate..scum is a word that springs to mind.

Hopefully it's no our game he decides to attend.

Your comment 10th word is totally out of order, Think and delete.

Not wetting my pants about it but it seems utterly futile to draw it at 5 and televise it at half 6. Why even bother. Lets be honest here, about 20 folk watch that STV regional drivel. The Scottish Cup draw was hardly going to put tens of thousands on the viewer numbers. Not when anybody with a twitter account already knew the outcome. I'm all for publicising the juniors but you need to choose your outlets. STV don't seem to want to touch the final with a bargepole. Why are they so keen to show a (delayed) last 16 draw?

Canny say I watch it much myself,Roughy sits like an ornament waiting to be prodded to say something.

Some good ties never the less....being a neutral in fife I might take in St Andrews v Pollock or Cumnock or maybe venture to Penicuik should they make it through against Spey Valley and set up a good home tie v Arthurlie or Kirkintilloch Rob Roy but there is a good choice for the neutrals to choose from

Did Pollok ever have the draw? If so did it pull a crowd cmontheloknow ?

I was there when the draw for one of the early rounds, R1 or R2, was held in the Pollok Social club a few years back ...

Checked, it was R2 in 2011.

Good attendance I seem to remember

You a school teacher RRG? Often telling us all what to do, or are you a west region committee member just supporting the establishment.

Your comment 10th word is totally out of order, Think and delete.

Detect any irony here,auld yin? And what's with the duplicate quotes in every post? :wacko:

Has anybody thought about what happens if Clydebank get through against Shettleston and the Newtongrange/Blantyre and Lesmahagow/Johnstone 4th Round ties also get resolved tomorrow?

That would mean groundsharers Yoker and Clydebank both with home 5th Round fixtures due on Saturday 21st Feb.

Yoker should get priority use of Holm Park of course.

But would Clydebank's fixture have to be put back a further week to the 28th, or could it get played sooner on a non-Saturday, e.g. on Sunday 22nd, I wonder...

Has anybody thought about what happens if Clydebank get through against Shettleston and the Newtongrange/Blantyre and Lesmahagow/Johnstone 4th Round ties also get resolved tomorrow?

That would mean groundsharers Yoker and Clydebank both with home 5th Round fixtures due on Saturday 21st Feb.

Yoker should get priority use of Holm Park of course.

But would Clydebank's fixture have to be put back a further week to the 28th, or could it get played sooner on a non-Saturday, e.g. on Sunday 22nd, I wonder...

Sunday match is possible as Lugar v Glenafton Scottish match took place on a Sunday due to near neighbours all being at home at same time.

Archived