Alcohol at the football

Should football fans have the choice of having an alcoholic drink at the game?   

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People already go to the football drunk.

HTH

Aye that's true, the balance between the club making an extra few quid, with the hassle of controlling a number of fans who will remain tanked up throughout the 90 mins doesn't exist for me.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is Scotland so alcohol orientated?. Fuk dat!!

At a football match instead of the coffee and tea flavoured lies for drinks you get, there should be proper real roast ground coffee or a choice of different teas and various fruit or vegetable juices. There should also be a choice of healthy snack options like carrot or celery dips or nuts and dried fruit.

Ok keep the pie and bovril tradition and sausage rolls, pizza or bridies, pasties etc, hot food is good for a freezing cold match day and keeps the spirits up.

But alcohol nay, too many idiots around who can't behave with a drink.

Scotland so alcohol orientated yet one of the few countries that don't allow alcohol at football games? Eh?

RedRob72, on 09 Feb 2015 - 22:34, said:

Aye that's true, the balance between the club making an extra few quid, with the hassle of controlling a number of fans who will remain tanked up throughout the 90 mins doesn't exist for me.

If they're that bad, they'd have the job of controlling them whether there was more booze or not. It's a total non-issue, being made into more of one by people with no grasp of reality.

Why?

Eta: I'll tell you why. The old firm fans acting like fucking morons 30 years ago and the rest of the normal fans suffer

More like the young boys nowadays have lost the whole concept of handling their drink.

Just in Scotland this happens? That's a bit of a sweeping statement to, pretty sure it's not just young lads that go ott with drink

It used to be a point of pride that you could drink a lot without behaving like an arsehole. That concept seems to have vanished.

If they're that bad, they'd have the job of controlling them whether there was more booze or not. It's a total non-issue, being made into more of one by people with no grasp of reality.

If it was such a non issue don't you think hard pressed clubs would be fighting tooth and nail for a licence and the chance of another regular money spinner.

Is it because they don't want the hassle? Health and safety rules & regs, extra stewarding/Policing, liability issues, insurance etc..?? I don't know the answer just asking like?

They know there's no point because the police would block it.

And the Police would block it because they know it would be problematic at the football. It's a sad state of affairs in this country but it's true.

The day you are able to drink a pint of beer while sitting in your seat watching your team play is a very long way off.

It's crazy that as football fans 'we' can't be trusted, but that's where we are.

Went to the RL Challenge Cup Final at Wembley a couple of years back, and we were able to take turns and bring a plastic crate of 6 Beers back to our seats whenever we fancied one throughout the game, no problem at all. Loads of bar staff serving on with pints lined up to keep the queues down. We weren't treated like an inconvenience.

It's crazy that as football fans 'we' can't be trusted, but that's where we are.

Went to the RL Challenge Cup Final at Wembley a couple of years back, and we were able to take turns and bring a plastic crate of 6 Beers back to our seats whenever we fancied one throughout the game, no problem at all. Loads of bar staff serving on with pints lined up to keep the queues down. We weren't treated like an inconvenience.

6 beers? at Wembley prices? Fúck that, I'd rather have the small car or the Michelin-starred meal out with the Mrs.

At a gig you have the whole audience having a drink and a good time. At a football match you've one set of fans celebrating and the opposing fans raging, more alcohol isn't a good mix in that scenario? Why it should be any different to watching the Rugby at Murrayfield or the Cricket at the MCG? I don't know, it just is, a different crowd I guess.

Having said that I've seen trouble at the darts on more than one occasion (alcohol fuelled crowd trouble) albeit on a small scale.

Nope. When Killie lose nowadays most of us usually see it coming.

Have been to a few MLS games. The joy of ordering a beer from your seat from the beer guy, then folk passing the money, change and beer along the row so you don't have to get up and down bothering people. Very civilised

No wait what am I talking about. I'm disgusted at the fact I couldn't go 90 minutes without alcohol. What a fucking hobo I am

A sensible alcohol policy at games in Scotland will never be allowed because the Old Firm arseholes can't handle their drink. It sucks for the rest of us but it's not changing anytime soon

Yes because attending football is exactly the same as it was 35 years ago. Nothing bad changed, and obviously no other arseholes outside of Celtic and Rangers

Archived