Livingston vs. Hearts/Hearts vs Livingston 7th/14th February

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walker is really turning into the player he has always promised to be.

It's weird, since having his bairn his form has improved massively, there is a maturity to him now.

It must have been difficult for him playing while pregnant, tbf.

Livvy players worked much harder on this ge than earlier in the season. It was a game that we should have put to bed but there was a real lack of composure in front of goals. I was watching the team practice shooting in the pre match warm up and they were crap in that too.

The player who was sent off cannot have amy complaints. He was chopping players down all afternoon.

It was a bit nervy but with at least 13 points of a gap would hope that the players and supporters will settle down next week.

Well that was shit! Livingston really are an awful team to watch, I get that their budget is small etc but the part time teams play way better football. They're like a really shite Stoke under pullis!

Hearts created enough to win the game but lacked any width. Walker was top notch but Paterson was honking. Zeefuik contributed very little up front.

Our budget isn't just small is mediocre compared to yours, i have on good authority that our budget is on par with the 3 part time teams if not lower so to go to hearts today and give it everything and lose to a lucky wee break of the ball I think we've done ok.

I can't argue with the result Hearts more than deserved there win, and are easily the best team in the league and could've won by more but we've had 2 or 3 chances to steal a point and on another day we might've, question marks over the strange subs that Burchill made, Proprotnik was a sure thing to get a red, bring him off instead of O'brien, bringing arguably our most threatening player in Sekajja off was also a strange call as he was running the channels well, then we take an attacking player off in Mullen and bring Beaumont on who's played about 3 games all season, didn't get it at all.

I'm pleased with how we've played in the two games, to lose by 1 goal in both when most of us expected a hammering was a good effort, you can see the team are at least fighting to try and get us out of the bottom two it's just not happening.

Anyway we will try again and I'll be there as I am every week sitting with the rest of our shit support hoping for the best while bus loads of Rangers, celtic, Hibs and hearts fans leave Livingston to go to those games.

Our budget isn't just small is mediocre compared to yours, i have on good authority that our budget is on par with the 3 part time teams if not lower so to go to hearts today and give it everything and lose to a lucky wee break of the ball I think we've done ok.

I can't argue with the result Hearts more than deserved there win, and are easily the best team in the league and could've won by more but we've had 2 or 3 chances to steal a point and on another day we might've, question marks over the strange subs that Burchill made, Proprotnik was a sure thing to get a red, bring him off instead of O'brien, bringing arguably our most threatening player in Sekajja off was also a strange call as he was running the channels well, then we take an attacking player off in Mullen and bring Beaumont on who's played about 3 games all season, didn't get it at all.

I'm pleased with how we've played in the two games, to lose by 1 goal in both when most of us expected a hammering was a good effort, you can see the team are at least fighting to try and get us out of the bottom two it's just not happening.

Anyway we will try again and I'll be there as I am every week sitting with the rest of our shit support hoping for the best while bus loads of Rangers, celtic, Hibs and hearts fans leave Livingston to go to those games.

Tbf livvy are what twenty years old? You can't expect folk to drop their team for them.

I always feel livvy are ideally placed to be like Hamilton, develop young players to sell on. They have a good location and a nice wee ground. I think you'd be better trying to focus on youth and playing good football. If you're gonna lose each week you might as well try play a bit.

As you said due to our wastefulness you could've nicked a point.

I'd imagine a fair few of our players are part-time as well, tbh.

Tbf livvy are what twenty years old? You can't expect folk to drop their team for them.

I always feel livvy are ideally placed to be like Hamilton, develop young players to sell on. They have a good location and a nice wee ground. I think you'd be better trying to focus on youth and playing good football. If you're gonna lose each week you might as well try play a bit.

As you said due to our wastefulness you could've nicked a point.

Agree with most of this, I actually had a discussion regarding being a young club in a bad area a few weeks ago, like you say you can't expect people to drop teams and kids are going to follow in there family's foot steps, for me as a club we just don't do enough to encourage kids to get out the i support Rangers, Hearts etc because my dad does stuff.

We've went down the route of developing players and would've been in the position of Hamilton financialy if we didn't have people incharge fleecing us for everything, we've sold players just as good if not better than the players Hamilton have produced and got penny's for them in comparison.

Who defines good football though ? I don't think we played that badly today or Last week and I don't think hearts played brilliant football last week or today but hearts are winning games, does that make it a good style ? Of coarse it does, the difference in the two teams isn't much but hearts have that extra bit of quality that we are screaming out for, you only get that by paying that little bit more which we can't do.

Hearts aren't the team that whacked 5 past us earlier in the season. That was bottom against top today so to criticise Livi is a bit rich especially given that we ended up with 10 men for the last 15 minutes.

The difference in ability is obvious but Livi dug in and might have nicked a goal with a wee bit of luck. Hearts were never comfortable at any point and the nervousness of the fans probably transferred to the players as the game went on.

I am reasonably happy that we didn't get hammered in either game.

Well that was shit! Livingston really are an awful team to watch, I get that their budget is small etc but the part time teams play way better football. They're like a really shite Stoke under pullis!

Hearts created enough to win the game but lacked any width. Walker was top notch but Paterson was honking. Zeefuik contributed very little up front.

Livi gave us a right hard game today - especially in the second half, and even when they went down to ten men.

We made it harder for ourselves than it probably should have been, obviously, but Livi made it hard for us.

Archived