F1 2015

deano67

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently they were genuinely trying to hide something, probably some aero parts. Don't see the point as you can still see most of the car...

It's a lot harder for other teams to make out the lines and curves with that paint scheme when they study photo's of the car.

Not impossible just harder and I'll suspect headache inducing.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet in either the 2014 or the general motorsport thread but French racing driver Robert Manzon passed away on the 19th January at the good age of 97. At the time of his death Manzon was the last surviving driver from that first official Formula One season in 1950.

Stirling Moss since he raced for HWM in 1951 is now the longest surviving F1 driver and the only driver still alive from season 1951.

A bit more on that Red Bull testing livery from James Allen http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/02/red-bull-will-not-retain-funky-test-livery-for-f1-race-season/

Force India have blocked Marussia's attempt to use last years car for the first few races this season. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31158612

Sad to see no Caterhams racing this season especially after they had improved a lot last season. Still no word about any new teams attempting to enter F1, probably too late for this coming season.

Force India could have a serious dose of karma coming there way by all accounts

Indeed a bit of irony there. I've heard the new car is late and there have been rumours they might miss the first race in Australia......why not use last years car?.

I don't see much wrong in principle in using the previous years cars for early races, this had been the norm for decades in F1. I take it the new rules over chassis development particularly the front of the car make this impossible and too expensive to modify last years car?.

The new Red Bull RB11, quite possibly one of the best F1 paint-jobs ever...

That paint job is used on every single car thats being tested

That paint job is used on every single car thats being tested

I had the same problem with that St. Mirren strip with that imprinted/burned into my eyes. Maybe you shouldn't stare at it for too long?.

Indeed a bit of irony there. I've heard the new car is late and there have been rumours they might miss the first race in Australia......why not use last years car?.

I don't see much wrong in principle in using the previous years cars for early races, this had been the norm for decades in F1. I take it the new rules over chassis development particularly the front of the car make this impossible and too expensive to modify last years car?.

Rumours of staff not being paid on time either. Looks like they voted for the extra cash

Finally watched Rush yesterday. Aside from the historical/factual inaccuracies my main issue was the portrayal of Lauda. Pre-crash he seemed to be an F1 equivalent of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory which I didn't think was the case. Also not convinced the Hunt/Lauda relationship was as portrayed!

Finally watched Rush yesterday. Aside from the historical/factual inaccuracies my main issue was the portrayal of Lauda. Pre-crash he seemed to be an F1 equivalent of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory which I didn't think was the case. Also not convinced the Hunt/Lauda relationship was as portrayed!

Niki himself was quite happy with the film and he doesn't hold back if something was inaccurate. You have to see that a film cannot cram 5 or 6 years of two drivers racing careers into two hours, there will be a lot missing.

I liked the film I thought the portrayal of Niki Lauda was the best thing about it.

Niki himself was quite happy with the film and he doesn't hold back if something was inaccurate. You have to see that a film cannot cram 5 or 6 years of two drivers racing careers into two hours, there will be a lot missing.

I liked the film I thought the portrayal of Niki Lauda was the best thing about it.

Oh the guy playing Lauda was superb at it, I just hadn't thought he was like that pre-crash.

Funny how so many F1 tracks in the 1970s looked like Brands Hatch...

Oh the guy playing Lauda was superb at it, I just hadn't thought he was like that pre-crash.

Funny how so many F1 tracks in the 1970s looked like Brands Hatch...

Just like many other drivers he was all about winning and becoming the best and he was one of the more analytical drivers who wanted to understand the engineering and design side of F1 (many saw this as someone elses job) and he was so very focused on this he would appear to some who didn't know him far too serious, cold and not very approachable especially compared to some of the characters that were around at the time, which was very unfair. I think Marlene his wife and his accident at the Nurburgring changed him.... at least out of the car.

Niki Lauda is one of the drivers from the past who I really enjoy listening to and who I have a lot of respect for.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to Bernie Ecclestone being a money grabbing shitehawk dwarf the Fantasy Racers website isn't running Fantasy F1 this season.

However, I have found an alternative website. The rules are fairly similar although there are a few tweaks - can't be bothered explaining the changes, read them yourselves!

The website is http://badgergp.com/fantasygp/ (yes, it really is called Badger GP). It's all fairly easy to sign up. Once you're all sorted click on friends leagues and choose the one called Formula Fun. The passcode to join is 803617. You'll know it's the right one if my Team Smiley Dan is there.

Pass the details on to get as many folk in as possible.

I'm hoping Williams continue on from last season. They really captured my imagination and I'm now a full on Williams fan. The only thing that I'm not overly impressed with is the new nose, but at least the fantastic livery is the same and their keeping their teamwear from last season which means my t-shirt is still current.

Keeping hold of Bottas for next season is a must, with Ferrari sniffing around though, its no certainty. Perhaps losing Nasr was a mistake if Bottas does vacate his seat.

I think Williams are a lot of people's second team, although if you had to push me for a favourite team these days it would probably be them. It would be fantastic to see them win a race again and hopefully they can pick up where they left off last year.

Archived