World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, SC 1/4 Final

banana

Bilate out of tomorrow. Hammy went a little on Sunday so is being left out as a precaution. Ive seen a prelim team for tom as we are waiting on a few boys to shake off niggles. More attacking which isnt really that difficult considering

Havent seen much of the guy as you clearly have but, based on Sunday not much of a loss. Looked pretty hopeless, Ciftci on the other hand always causes us problems

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was okay.

Souttar or Rankin at left back?

Im hearing we could be adopting wing backs with Ranks and Spittal. As i say, theres a couple of guys nursing knocks so i wont know any more til tom afternoon. Will obviously post when i know for definite

Left back?

Ah f**k it, we should just wing it.

Its highly likely that we'll finish up with ten men anyway, lets save the referee the trouble and not bother putting out that inevitably disposable 11th player on in the first place.

I do generally really like the 3-5-2 formation (I brought it up last week or so), but against the popular solo striker formation of today, Celtic included, you're left with at least one centre-back standing with their cock in their hand with the extra load being put upon the positional sense, fitness and game-reading of your wing-backs and the ability of someone in your middle 3 to support/link with the front two and the two DMs to try to control the game while outnumbered. Unless someone in the back 3 can play effectively as a libero (Souttar?). With Dixon already out I'm not sure this is the right time to experiment.

I reckon we'll go the cup final 4-4-2 that has really split folk into two camps - I'm of the camp that thought it was a good starting strategy that was working pretty well when we had eleven players on the park.

f**k moving McGowan to left back and having two players out of position rather than one. Spark gets the nod.

Rado

McGowan Fojut Morris Spark

Spittal Butcher Paton Rankin

Ciftci Dow

Connolly in for Spittal if we're being a bit more adventurous, which I don't think we will be. As pish as Rankin was/is with the ball going forward now, he can still run around and protect Spark.

Something to cheer everyone up after Sunday's final and before tonight's replay :ph34r:

The feeling I've been left with after that article is that even if we somehow do get a result tonight all we'll end up doing is blowing it in the semi final against ICT or, potentially even worse, against Hibs in the final.

Something to cheer everyone up after Sunday's final and before tonight's replay :ph34r:

Thanks for posting that.

From the comments: 'It was the best of times and the worst of times, but after you had been dragged through it is a fan, you wouldn't have swapped it for anything else. This made you part of the club forever'.

And it makes me so jealous for the incredible moments that older Arabs got to witness.

Thanks for posting that.

From the comments: 'It was the best of times and the worst of times, but after you had been dragged through it is a fan, you wouldn't have swapped it for anything else. This made you part of the club forever'.

And it makes me so jealous for the incredible moments that older Arabs got to witness.

My first game at Tannadice was watching United taking on the Manchester variant, in the UEFA Cup.

Changed days.

Archived