The Greenock Galacticos @ The Brechin Bumpkins

Brechin's equaliser whether from a set play or not was a cracking goal which few defences would have stopped. A wee bit credit where credit is due would not go amiss!

Our two upfront looked dangerous and worked with what little service they got. Forbes still looks a decent addition.

^^^^^^^ Wasn't at the match.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Trouts was offside. I was stood behind the linesman at the time. And yes Morton fans are undoubtedly the biggest shower of sh t on p&b.

Think it's Ayr Uniteds fault. If they had anything to offer the league Morton fans would pay them all their attention.

The only seethe I have seen in the last couple of pages has been from the Greenock direction and in particular...true to form...VT.

They just can't seem to handle the fact that this full time Morton team is no better than a wee part time Angus outfit who continue to punch above their weight. 2 points from a possible 9 and they still have the cheek to ridicule , abuse and make an absolute c**t of themselves...........As that solitary twat of a fan did in the first half yesterday. He went on a VT type tirade at the bottom end of the ground, abusing players , opposing fans of all ages and just anyone who dared to support their team. Really classy stuff.

This has rubbed off on here it seems. Folk giving their own take on proceedings just get slaughtered by ignorance . Anything said and the seige mentallity sets in and the wagons are circled to protect their own.

I now await the verge of tears , searching for relevence type comments from yours truly or his lap dogs.

What did he say when you confronted him?

They just can't seem to handle the fact that this full time Morton team is no better than a wee part time Angus outfit who continue to punch above their weight.

Try consulting a league table champ.

No surprise really to see the Brechin manager trying to work upon the stupidity of his fanbase, with his tears and snotters about the penalty decision. Your player got sucked into an idiotic challenge; it was an obvious penalty. No grounds for complaint. Given the match was actually 0-0 at the time, McKinnon's claim that the decision cost his side a win is as equally moronic as his strop about the decision itself.

You'd think he would have learned after making a complete and utter c**t of himself protesting against the penalty for a blatant handball in the last match at Cappielow. Hopefully the SPFL takes action this time.

A truly laughable, Celtic-esque victim mentality seems to be emerging in that horrible part of the country.

Such as?

A debate, solely among cretins in the home fanbase. The linesman was flagging before the ball even reached the Brechin player, given how obvious their offside position was.

But other than those pesky facts then yep; clearly another case of Scottish officials colluding against, erm, an absolute no-mark club like Brechin ! A no mark club that you have failed to beat in years , Prob due to fact you ve been in league above getting pumped 10 (TEN ) 1 in certain games ??? I suppose ! Whilst we ve been in our rightful league , Think you ll find fans of clubs like ourselves n Forfar know our places in scottish footballand appreciate the good times more than you under achieving west coast hasbeens ! Yesterday morn and all week the posts on here about how you were gonna easily beat us and the title would be yours this season etc etc ! Fact is your in the mix with Stranraer , Brechin and Forfar 3 tiny yokel , bumpkin , tuechtar call us what you want part time teams run on shoe string budgets , and your struggling big time !! Not once in any of the 3 games against us can you say you ve deserved a win ! 2 soft penalties have given you 2 draws !

For the record Trouten was offside at the end .

Good to see you've contributed as much comedy gold to this site as you have in the national press, Mr McKinnon.

Clearly you don't know your place in Scottish football. You seem to share a wild delusional belief that the officials are out to get your club on a regular basis, which leads you to absolute heads gone hysterics aimed at the officials throughout yesterday's match. It leads your cretinous support and manager to share the delusion that the last, blatant handball penalty decision at Cappielow was either "soft" or indeed open to any dispute at all. And the same, entirely predictable tears and snotters occurred at the award of another, entirely straightforward penalty yesterday. Yes, it's all part of a grand conspiracy against your club. :1eye

Oh and while we're keeping a check on facts, Morton weren't beaten 10-1 in last or any other season in living memory, and Greenock isn't on the west coast of Scotland. Morton aren't actually in a contest with two Angus clubs sliding into mid-table mediocrity on a weekly basis; it's a two horse race.

Thanks for playing anyway.

FWIW I don't really get the hysterics about Duffy making a defensive change prior to the goal. He was supposed to react to Brechin's changes - it clearly wasn't a very effective reaction - but we were hardly looking like the Greece 2004 side with Miller on the pitch anyway.

The far bigger issues on display was an alarming number of lunging challenges made by defenders in dangerous areas rather than staying goal side and holding their position, The set-piece was shockingly defended, with next to no wall or determined defensive challenge made to make the delivery and header more difficult. The central midfield disappeared far too quickly under pressure in the second half and we badly need MacDonald to upgrade our attacking options. McCluskey is a hard worker but doesn't the quality needed to start in a title-challenging forward line.

The defence isn't going to improve much so the one major factor going into the final third of the season is getting MacDonald fit and keeping him fit. If we do that then we're in a very good position.

" The Most Influential Poster In P&B History ". Who gave you that title ? I'm guessing telling yourself that makes a long winters night in the bedsit a bit more bearable.

I would have thought after 54000 posts of mostly meaningless ignorance and abuse , someone could have come up with something more apt than " Influential " !

Try consulting a league table champ.

No surprise really to see the Brechin manager trying to work upon the stupidity of his fanbase, with his tears and snotters about the penalty decision. Your player got sucked into an idiotic challenge; it was an obvious penalty. No grounds for complaint. Given the match was actually 0-0 at the time, McKinnon's claim that the decision cost his side a win is as equally moronic as his strop about the decision itself.

You'd think he would have learned after making a complete and utter c**t of himself protesting against the penalty for a blatant handball in the last match at Cappielow. Hopefully the SPFL takes action this time.

A truly laughable, Celtic-esque victim mentality seems to be emerging in that horrible part of the country.

2 points from a possible 9 tells me all I need to know .

Ray McKinnon ........ respected tactical coach who , in his time at the SFA helped many successful managers through their coaching badges and whose tactical switch yesterday turned the game in Brechin's favour.

vikingTON.........blinkered keyboard warrior with not so much a chip but a sack of king edwards on each shoulder.

I think I know who's version I will listen to .

I would have thought after 54000 posts of mostly meaningless ignorance and abuse , someone could have come up with something more apt than " Influential " !

I would blame the lack of a television . Someone who has posted 54000 times cannot surely have a television....

Needless to say that Morton supporters turned out to be the big hitters throughout said poll; Brechin's tear-stained fanbase proved to be irrelevant.

Like club, like posters then.

Turn off your device before the lecky goes off in the bedsit .

Good to see you've contributed as much comedy gold to this site as you have in the national press, Mr McKinnon.

Clearly you don't know your place in Scottish football. You seem to share a wild delusional belief that the officials are out to get your club on a regular basis, which leads you to absolute heads gone hysterics aimed at the officials throughout yesterday's match. It leads your cretinous support and manager to share the delusion that the last, blatant handball penalty decision at Cappielow was either "soft" or indeed open to any dispute at all. And the same, entirely predictable tears and snotters occurred at the award of another, entirely straightforward penalty yesterday. Yes, it's all part of a grand conspiracy against your club. :1eye

Oh and while we're keeping a check on facts, Morton weren't beaten 10-1 in last or any other season in living memory, and Greenock isn't on the west coast of Scotland. Morton aren't actually in a contest with two Angus clubs sliding into mid-table mediocrity on a weekly basis; it's a two horse race.

Thanks for playing anyway.

Sorry was it 10 2 , new it was embarrassing ! There's no conspiracy theories with me ! We got a soft pen at Falkirk last week I'll admit that ! Looks like your fizzing about bein in same league as us but just face it it's where you are ! Deal with it !!!!!

2 points from a possible 9 tells me all I need to know .

2nd place in the league > 5th place in the league is the all important fact, champ. But congratulations - that head to head record is almost as impressive and worthy of title contention as erm, Ayr United's.

Ray McKinnon ........ respected tactical coach who , in his time at the SFA helped many successful managers through their coaching badges and whose tactical switch yesterday turned the game in Brechin's favour.

vikingTON.........blinkered keyboard warrior with not so much a chip but a sack of king edwards on each shoulder.

I think I know who's version I will listen to .

Given Ray McKinnon has already this season made a c**t of himself by denying stonewall penalty decisions against his side, it doesn't take a genius to work out which analysis will once again prove to be a paranoid, tear-stained mess.

Sorry was it 10 2 , new it was embarrassing ! There's no conspiracy theories with me ! We got a soft pen at Falkirk last week I'll admit that ! Looks like your fizzing about bein in same league as us but just face it it's where you are ! Deal with it !!!!!

Nice try Ray, but the only people clearly seething about this weekend's events are 1) yourself and 2) your thick as mince fanbase.

Better luck next time.

2nd place in the league > 5th place in the league is the all important fact, champ. But congratulations - that head to head record is almost as impressive and worthy of title contention as erm, Ayr United's.

Given Ray McKinnon has already this season made a c**t of himself by denying stonewall penalty decisions against his side, it doesn't take a genius to work out which analysis will once again prove to be a paranoid, tear-stained mess.

Rattled but not as rattled as you will be at seasons end when your team are still in this league with the diddy teams

Six points in front having played 2 games extra, Morton currently one goal ahead . By my calculations that leaves very little between the sides, assuming of course that we pick up 6 points from our games against Dunfermline and Peterhead both at home. Nothing to say that is not achievable but motor mouth will no doubt come up with some other fantasy to dispute this.

Archived