The Greenock Galacticos @ The Brechin Bumpkins

Guest Alessandro

You honestly want me to repeat the obscenities ? You are a real sad case.

All that needs to be said was this clown went on a tirade of abuse during a rather quiet first half on the playing field. Nothing really to spark it off other than our keeper making a good save. He started on the keeper then went on a "Fergie from Hamilton " (remember him ? ) type rant with the odd noun amonst the sentences of swear words. I know the stewards went over to him , but don't know if they had the balls to confront him. Had any of our lot intervened they would be out , no questions asked .

In my book, persistent personal abuse with sexual references in front of women and kids is a lot worse than a group of orcs singing the sash ! But then again I come from a balanced family upbringing.

It says a lot about you that you seem to condone it though !

Hear, hear.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I condone neither although it's still a football match at the end of the day, maybe the family section is more suited to certain groups of fans?

If you want to bring family upbringing into it then it's a poor reflection on those that witnessed this "tirade of abuse" yet chose to do nothing despite I assume being aware of women and kids being distressed by it. That includes you. I was brought up to show respect and have principles and if it was as bad as you say then I'd have said something at the time. Indeed, I have before.

However, nobody was arrested so you're still wrong to say you'd rather hear "a group of orcs singing the sash." As you know, some of these songs are punishable in a court of law. Although this Morton fan offended those around him he wasn't arrested.

You certainly appear to condone sectarian chanting, you probably think it's just "banter."

Oh, and Fergie was great btw! I remember him growing up.

You honestly want me to repeat the obscenities ? You are a real sad case.

PS aye, repeat them. I'm sure it's words never, ever been heard at a football match before. After that, get down from the moral high ground and grow a backbone.

To be honest I condone neither although it's still a football match at the end of the day, maybe the family section is more suited to certain groups of fans?

If you want to bring family upbringing into it then it's a poor reflection on those that witnessed this "tirade of abuse" yet chose to do nothing despite I assume being aware of women and kids being distressed by it. That includes you. I was brought up to show respect and have principles and if it was as bad as you say then I'd have said something at the time. Indeed, I have before.

However, nobody was arrested so you're still wrong to say you'd rather hear "a group of orcs singing the sash." As you know, some of these songs are punishable in a court of law. Although this Morton fan offended those around him he wasn't arrested.

You certainly appear to condone sectarian chanting, you probably think it's just "banter."

Oh, and Fergie was great btw! I remember him growing up.

As there were no police at the game on Saturday I would assume that this is the reason this numpty wasn't arrested. The orcs in question were alledgedly singled out after the game.

As I stated our stewards have a strange sense of justice so to intervene is futile.

I honestly don't know why this conversation has rumbled on so long though as the outcome is the same as it was right at the start. The guy in question was a knob whether you like it or not.

As there were no police at the game on Saturday I would assume that this is the reason this numpty wasn't arrested. The orcs in question were alledgedly singled out after the game.

As I stated our stewards have a strange sense of justice so to intervene is futile.

I honestly don't know why this conversation has rumbled on so long though as the outcome is the same as it was right at the start. The guy in question was a knob whether you like it or not.

This is a climbdown of biblical proportions from your earlier 'as bad as singing the Sash' remark.

Oh FFS !

I give up !

You lot win !

You were the person that claimed that this person's drunken tirade (which I wasn't there to witness) was on a par with singing a historical song with links to bigotry and the glorifying of slaughtering people based on their religious persuasions. Would you like to enlighten me as to which part of this shocking behaviour you were particularly offended by. Feel free to quote.

You were the person that claimed that this person's drunken tirade (which I wasn't there to witness) was on a par with singing a historical song with links to bigotry and the glorifying of slaughtering people based on their religious persuasions. Would you like to enlighten me as to which part of this shocking behaviour you were particularly offended by. Feel free to quote.

This is my issue with theoriginalhedge. Nobody's debating this Morton fan sounds as though he was bang out of order but the comparison he made was ridiculous. If he just held his hands up and admitted as much this conversation would be over. If I ever took my daughter to a Morton game (doubtful as that'd be tantamount to abuse) I'd find it easier to explain away a loud mouth who'd drank too much rather than trying to explain away to her the origins of songs glorifying murder and religious prejudice at a football match .

You've had a nightmare here, hedgey. Best slither off the forum for a while (to quote VT)

It's pretty obvious why this debate has rumbled on- there's absolutely no credibitlity to the complaints, claims and accusations made by the Brechin fans on this thread.

1. You'll win 2-1 depending on the referee. Suggests to me that referees have it in for your insignificant club, or are doing everything they can to aid our insignificant one. Nothing to back up these allegations of corruption against the authorities, unsurprisingly.

2. A Morton fan called a radio station in 2005 to say we should be promoted in their place as we're a bigger club. No proof, but we're just expected to believe it anyway? Na, sorry. Not watertight. The onus is on the Brechin fan to back up his point, not on us to believe it, given his lack of evidence.

3. Brechin were the first club to win consecutive promotions. Nope, disproven.

4. Morton fans were making obscene sexual references at Saturday's game. Funnily enough, the area of the ground I was in at the time. I've got no recollection of this, nor of anyone being approached by a steward.

5. The stewards would have taken action against a Brechin fan for the same alleged crime. Really, given that standards amongst the Brechin support appear to be much higher, there surely can't be a preceding case to point to? Another conspiracy theory IMHO, you lot are sounding like Celtic fans with this victim complex.

6. The Morton fans "involved" were identified after the game. Oh right, so why did some of the group in that area of the ground at the time of the alleged abuse manage to go to The Stables, untroubled after the match if this was the case? Surely someone would have managed to approach this group in order to investigate?

Little surprise that the conversation's dragging on, given the lack of credibility coming from any of the Brechin fans on here.

What's next on the Brechin Bullshit Bingo?

Coming from the East we are thankfully not subjected to the religious hatred as you in the west are and sometimes don't realise that this is an integral part of your society. I therefore apologise if you or anyone have been offended by my stance . I would rather not go down the religious route as I am obviously neither qualified to comment or am I interested .

It's pretty obvious why this debate has rumbled on- there's absolutely no credibitlity to the complaints, claims and accusations made by the Brechin fans on this thread.

1. You'll win 2-1 depending on the referee. Suggests to me that referees have it in for your insignificant club, or are doing everything they can to aid our insignificant one. Nothing to back up these allegations of corruption against the authorities, unsurprisingly.

2. A Morton fan called a radio station in 2005 to say we should be promoted in their place as we're a bigger club. No proof, but we're just expected to believe it anyway? Na, sorry. Not watertight. The onus is on the Brechin fan to back up his point, not on us to believe it, given his lack of evidence.

3. Brechin were the first club to win consecutive promotions. Nope, disproven.

4. Morton fans were making obscene sexual references at Saturday's game. Funnily enough, the area of the ground I was in at the time. I've got no recollection of this, nor of anyone being approached by a steward.

5. The stewards would have taken action against a Brechin fan for the same alleged crime. Really, given that standards amongst the Brechin support appear to be much higher, there surely can't be a preceding case to point to? Another conspiracy theory IMHO, you lot are sounding like Celtic fans with this victim complex.

6. The Morton fans "involved" were identified after the game. Oh right, so why did some of the group in that area of the ground at the time of the alleged abuse manage to go to The Stables, untroubled after the match if this was the case? Surely someone would have managed to approach this group in order to investigate?

Little surprise that the conversation's dragging on, given the lack of credibility coming from any of the Brechin fans on here.

What's next on the Brechin Bullshit Bingo?

1. A tongue in cheek remark relating to our last match.

4. My daughters can vouch for that. But as they come from Brechin their opinion obviously doesn't count.

5. I inferred that intervening on situations like Saturday usually results in the stewards taking it out on the innocent parties, hence no intervention.

6. The orcs I referred to were the Sevco lot who were brought into the conversation by one of your own I believe.

However you try to twist things , doesn't make the situation just disappear.

Archived