Converting To Islam

Think you have to say it three times, "There is no God but God, Muhammad is his prophet. There is no God but God, Muhammad is his prophet. There is no God but God, Muhammad is his prophet" for it to be legally binding.

Or is that Islamic divorce I'm thinking of?

I thought the say-it-three-times thing was Jewish divorce.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have binned the twat.
That's up there with doing cartoons of Mohammed. Good luc.
Think you have to say it three times, "There is no God but God, Muhammad is his prophet. There is no God but God, Muhammad is his prophet. There is no God but God, Muhammad is his prophet" for it to be legally binding. Or is that Islamic divorce I'm thinking of?
Thank Christ ... err ... Mohammed. Fridays still free. :)

For a while now I've been seriously contemplating converting to Islam. I'm "native" and just was wondering if any other "natives" here have converted to Islam themselves or have family or friends who have. If so, how did it work out for them? Were you accepted easily by the Islamic community here in Scotland? I'm well aware the concept of races doesn't really exist in Islam, however theory and practice are two very different things with any ideology.

I have some Muslim friends (who contrary to some Islamophobic fears have never tried to pressure me into converting or even discuss their religion regularly with me), the religion just fascinates me and I'd like to become a part of it all.

^^^ Ran out of virgins to shag IMO

At this time I am in the process of 'converting' to Islam as it is a pre-requisite for my pending marriage. Only people of the same faith can marry in Indonesia and with me being Christian (of the non practicing or don't give a f**k type) it makes sense for me to convert. Purely for marriage purposes and we have discussed and clarified that it is purely for the marriage. The real fun will begin with children.

Think you have to say it three times, "There is no God but God, Muhammad is his prophet. There is no God but God, Muhammad is his prophet. There is no God but God, Muhammad is his prophet" for it to be legally binding.

Or is that Islamic divorce I'm thinking of?

Muhammad appears behind you if you say it thrice iirc.

At this time I am in the process of 'converting' to Islam as it is a pre-requisite for my pending marriage. Only people of the same faith can marry in Indonesia and with me being Christian (of the non practicing or don't give a f**k type) it makes sense for me to convert. Purely for marriage purposes and we have discussed and clarified that it is purely for the marriage. The real fun will begin with children.

Why? Do you have a wife already?

Well, considering there are over 1.5 billion Muslims in the world it's quite possible a large number of Muslims support that team. None of the Muslims I know personally do though, they mainly support German and Spanish teams.

I assume you mean Manchester United.

City are your better option tbh, Dzeko, Toure, Nasri for starters.

Grimbo

For a while now I've been seriously contemplating converting to Islam. I'm "native" and just was wondering if any other "natives" here have converted to Islam themselves or have family or friends who have. If so, how did it work out for them? Were you accepted easily by the Islamic community here in Scotland? I'm well aware the concept of races doesn't really exist in Islam, however theory and practice are two very different things with any ideology.

I have some Muslim friends (who contrary to some Islamophobic fears have never tried to pressure me into converting or even discuss their religion regularly with me), the religion just fascinates me and I'd like to become a part of it all.

Good luck to you. Learn submission, modesty. Curiously, the Scots I know who've converted to Islam have become Ismaelis.

You have a heck of a task learning Arabic in front of you and, I imagine, you can expect a lot of ribbing. I'll be interested to see how you do but expect that if you go ahead you'll be unlikely to report back here because you're busy with other things.

Archived