Queen of the South v Heart of Midlothian, 21/02/2015

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm heading to this game with a bunch of hearts supporting mates(I want to know what a win for the team I'm supporting feels like :ph34r:). Where's the best place to go pre match?

The Globe Inn (off the High Street, down the wee lane from Subway), Hole in the Wall (High Street), Robert the Bruce (Buccleuch Street), Cavens (Buccleuch Street) or any of the four pubs in Market Square (The Spread Eagle, Sally, Globe or Devorgilla). There's also the New Bazaar and The Coach & Horses (both Whitesands), or Greens if you fancy a trek to St Michael Street.

We don't have a lack of bars down here. :)

The Globe Inn (off the High Street, down the wee lane from Subway), Hole in the Wall (High Street), Robert the Bruce (Buccleuch Street), Cavens (Buccleuch Street) or any of the four pubs in Market Square (The Spread Eagle, Sally, Globe or Devorgilla). There's also the New Bazaar and The Coach & Horses (both Whitesands), or Greens if you fancy a trek to St Michael Street.

I hear Greens let in kids. Any others?

I don't fancy Robert the Bruce again as it was taking around 15 minutes to get a round in.

The Cavens Arms doesn't allow u14's. It's not really a place to go for a drink anyway unless you also want a meal.

He's 13.

If I do go back to the Robert the Bruce I'll just send my girlfriend up for the drinks again as she was getting served quicker. :lol:

Market square is the best place for a pre match drink. 4 pubs within 20 yards of each other, and less than 5 minute walk from the ground. I know the Devorgilla and Globe allow kids, not sure about the Salutation or the Spread, as I rarely venture in to latter two these days.

The only food you'll get is a bag of scampi fries though, so if you're looking for grub, need to go elsewhere.

Can get busy on match days.

It was voted Pub of the Year for about umpteen on the trot... :huh:

http://www.dumfriescamra.org.uk/www.dumfriescamra.org.uk/Cavens_Arms.html

I know it has. That's for its real ales though. It's more a restaurant than a pub, especially before 9pm at night. Ideal place for fans to go for a few beers with a meal if they are looking to get a proper lunch. Not really the place for a load of football fans who want to stand round with their pints and watch whatever football coverage there is on the telly pre-match.

Cheers

Guest TOPFITTER

The most romantic game in SCOTTISH Football,

QUEEN OF THE SOUTH FC v Heart Of Midlothian FC

Lovefest or Heartache ??? Come and see,,,,,,,,,,,

10qvu5z.jpg

Can Queens break some Hearts this Saturday,,,get to Palmerston and find Out alongwith 6000 others :thumsup2 :thumsup2 :thumsup2

My prediction 2-0 QUEENS :thumsup2 :thumsup2 :thumsup2

Okay, cheers for this. Can you keep me updated on the situation. Only way I'll manage to get there will be to get a ticket on the day now.

Ok, late change of plan. Hearts appear now to be destined not to sell out (they've sold around 2,500 so far). As a result there will be 200 away Terracing tickets available to buy at Palmerston tomorrow from the Ticket Office at the Away End of the Ground (away end of the Stand). Should be available from about 1pm.

Ok, late change of plan. Hearts appear now to be destined not to sell out (they've sold around 2,500 so far). As a result there will be 200 away Terracing tickets available to buy at Palmerston tomorrow from the Ticket Office at the Away End of the Ground (away end of the Stand). Should be available from about 1pm.

Shouldn't be too far off come kick-off.

Decent numbers nonetheless.

Shouldn't be too far off come kick-off.

Decent numbers nonetheless.

Excellent numbers. Even more so considering they've nothing to play for what with the league already sown up :P

Have Hearts officially brought the biggest away support to Palmerston then (at least since we've been given our current capacity)? I thought it looked more packed when they were here than it did when Rangers were.

Thanks!

Archived