Queen of the South v Heart of Midlothian, 21/02/2015

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Struggling to see where the massive injustices are with the ref to be honest I thought he was just poor in general.

Another ref would have sent Burns off for the tangle with Zeefuik when he was running clear from a Queens corner. I think it was 50/50 but they normally favour the attacker.

Hearts had a strong penalty shout for a hand ball by Burns in the first half turned down as well. Again I think the correct decision as his hands were by his side, but definitely in the "seen them given" category.

Did Kidd move his head towards Eckersley when they squared up over by the dugouts? I was certainly holding my breath when it happened waiting for Eckersley to hit the deck.

I actually thought the challenge by Higgins that led to the Hearts equaliser was a foul. Clumsy and from the back. Even if it wasn't I can't be doing with this bemoaning of the ref after we've defended the resultant set-piece dreadfully. Only ourselves to blame.

I thought Gomis was lucky not to have picked up a second booking for the foul where the ref played advantage. Instead he only booked the man for the second foul that was no worse.

I think that's our best chance of taking anything from Hearts gone. Gomis was out of sorts and Zeefuik is far less effective than Sow. I thought we were going to hold on for the draw as too many over hit crosses meant Hearts barely troubled Clark. I'm still not entirely sure how the winning goal ended up in the net. Did it hit Dowie?

Fantastic run by Kidd for the goal. He was the standout for me along with Paton. Too many sloppy passes in the midfield which suggests McShane was missed.

All in all reasonably content. It was an entertaining game in front of a good crowd and no-one seemed to get injured, or pick up a suspension. Onto next week.

I'm not sure Gomis made any contact second time(barely did first time the boy knew the ball was gone and went over).

Apart from that a very good summary, Hearts deserved the win imo. We made most of the play second half, pretty enjoyable game.

Our goal really was a thing of beauty.Gutted we have not got anything from a game v hearts again but the performance was decent, keep playing like that and we have a chance of getting play offs and a trip to hampden. Also special mention for kidd thought he was superb today. Really stepped it up.

Not quite sure why Zeefuik is getting the goal. An OG if ever I've seen one as opposed to deflected.

He directed the ball on target so despite the horrific deflection it's still his goal.

I'm not sure Gomis made any contact second time(barely did first time the boy knew the ball was gone and went over).

^^^ not sure if serious

Even more gutted to lose having seen the goals again. Zeefuiks shot is so weak Clark could have thrown his cap on it, as they used to say. Higgins can do nothing about the deflection and on another day it bounces at his feet or wide

What a terrible goal to lose a game to. At least we are getting better in each of our attempts against Hearts hopefully they will have the title wrapped up by the next game (Hopefully at Ibrox) and can't be arsed anymore.

Question for the stattos: Who were the last team to get a clean sweep of wins against us?

What a terrible goal to lose a game to. At least we are getting better in each of our attempts against Hearts hopefully they will have the title wrapped up by the next game (Hopefully at Ibrox) and can't be arsed anymore.

Question for the stattos: Who were the last team to get a clean sweep of wins against us?

The os has results going back to 10/11 and it hasn't happened in any season in that time. Even the year we went down we took points off of everyone.

Eta: using soccerbase, it appears to have been Stranraer in 2000/01. I don't think it has happened since then.

Good awareness by Zeefuik though for the winner.

His run, or rather his decision not to run and instead saunter into position letting the defenders move away from him was like that bit in Top Gun when Maverick tells Goose " I'm going to hit the brakes (air) and he'll fly right by" only not as homoerotic

As I said beforehand the better players at the key moments saw us win again. Queens have played their better football in all 3 first halfs against us this season and then fallen out of it the longer it has gone on. We just have too many players capable of winning a game at this level and the goal was coming. Pallardo is going to be a key player for us next season but we still require a dominant centre half as we are too sloppy and don't look like keeping clean sheets against anyone half decent.

63 pts out of 72 pts is sensational at any level. Huge win with 3 games we really should win coming up, at home to Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton and at Raith. We really are cruising.

Cracking wee club QoS and would love to see them make the play offs however Falkirk are now looking the more likely in my opinion.

I wouldn't agree that was the case today. That is to say that I didn't think after either of your goals "That was sheer class that goal, nothing more can be said". The first was never ever a free-kick. It was a rotten decision by the ref. When are linesmen going to grows balls in our game? It happened right in front of the lino and he never flagged. Even after the ref blows for it, why is the linesman not telling the ref it was the wrong call? Gutless. And just as responsible for that decision as the ref IMO. The second was just unlucky and could have happened for or against anyone. It's one of those things. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a pop at the quality Hearts possess. I just don't think their goals were down to having better players today.

It was a kick in the stones today. I thought we just about deserved to be ahead when Carmichael scored. Kidd deserves a sh*tload of credit for the goal. Great determination to get through, and not panic at the vital moment. The equaliser took the wind completely out of our sails. After we conceded I thought Hearts were on top from then on. In the second half it was again all Hearts and I can't really recall us creating anything of note. For all their possession they didn't really bother Clark. I think a draw would have been the fairest outcome, but I don't really feel it was daylight robbery on Hearts' part. If one team did edge it, it was Hearts.

Gomis should have been sent off regardless if advantage was played or not. It should have been pulled back. He looked at the ref right after the challenge as well. I think even he would admit he got away with one there. From my view Kidd should have walked as well. He definitely moved his head towards the boy and fair play to the guy for not rolling around like a fud. Burns was very lucky to stay on the park as well. He had his arm right around Zeefuik(sp?) and again, had the boy went to ground I think Burns would have been off. So I suppose in a way, the East Stand lineman's gutlessness both helped and hindered us at two key stages today. Swings and roundabouts.

Here's hoping we bounce back next week and that Reilly is back sharpish as well.

Well done today Jambo's. Didn't hear of any bother from the massive following. And for not having a roof, your support made a decent amount of noise today. Fooking love it when you start that "Hearts Hearts glorious Hearts!" song :thumsup2

I wouldn't agree that was the today. That is to say that I didn't think after either of your goals "That was sheer class that goal, nothing more can be said". The first was never ever a free-kick. It was a rotten decision by the ref. When are linesmen going to grows balls in our game? It happened right in front of the lino and he never flagged. Even after the ref blows for it, why is the linesman not telling the ref it was the wrong call? Gutless. And just as responsible for that decision as the ref IMO. The second was just unlucky and could have happened for or against anyone. It's one of those things. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a pop at the quality Hearts possess. I just don't think their goals were down to having better players today

It was a kick in the stones today. I thought we just about deserved to be ahead when Carmichael scored. Kidd deserves a sh*tload of credit for the goal. Great determination to get through, and not panic at the vital moment. The equaliser took the wind completely out of our sails. After we conceded I thought Hearts were on top from then on. In the second half it was again all Hearts and I can't really recall us creating anything of note. For all their possession they didn't really bother Clark. I think a draw would have been the fairest outcome, but I don't really feel it was daylight robbery on Hearts' part. If one team did edge it, it was Hearts.

Gomis should have been sent off regardless if advantage was played or not. It should have been pulled back. He looked at the ref right after the challenge as well. I think even he would admit he got away with one there. From my view Kidd should have walked as well. He definitely moved his head towards the boy and fair play to the guy for not rolling around like a fud. Burns was very lucky to stay on the park as well. He had his arm right around Zeefuik(sp?) and again, had the boy went to ground I think Burns would have been off. So I suppose in a way, the East Stand lineman's gutlessness both helped and hindered us at two key stages today. Swings and roundabouts.

Here's hoping we bounce back next week and that Reilly is back sharpish as well.

Well done today Jambo's. Didn't hear of any bother from the massive following. And for not having a roof, your support made a decent amount of noise today. Fooking love it when you start that "Hearts Hearts glorious Hearts!" song :thumsup2

Very well summed up and nothing I would disagree with. Hearts are by a distance the best team in the league and are the Champions elect, and must only be a few wins away from being crowned champs.

Their support is also the the best, not just in numbers but vocal support and overall behaviour.

As for their players, yesterday I was impressed with Walker who give us all sorts of problems all day down your right and the stand out of the game was Danny Wilson who never put a foot wrong all day. Read the game brilliantly, won every tackle, header and passed the ball well both long and short. I don't think he give the ball away all game and could easily play at a higher level.

I would like to think that the league trophy will already have been presented by the time we visit Tynecastle so that they can take their foot off the gas.

Folk are talking about the ' non ' foul leading up to the free kick for Hearts first but what about the body check on our defender as the free kick was played into the box. Got a clear view of it from behind the goal . Clever by Hearts player if you like but no attempt to play ball. It was enough to stop our defender clearing as he was about to.

I would like to think that the league trophy will already have been presented by the time we visit Tynecastle so that they can take their foot off the gas.

Hearts need 6 more wins to secure league but that is with Sevco picking up full points. We go to Tynecastle in 5 league games time so very realistic chance of Hearts being able to win the league that day.

Eta Hearts need 21 points not 18 to secure the league. But still with Sevcos unpredictable performances still a chance Hearts could win it that day.

His run, or rather his decision not to run and instead saunter into position letting the defenders move away from him was like that bit in Top Gun when Maverick tells Goose " I'm going to hit the brakes (air) and he'll fly right by" only not as homoerotic

Hahahahaha!

Thought the big guy had more of a Frank Cannon ( no homoerotic pun intended) waddle. Moved like a glacier all afternoon.

Archived