Scottish Cup Runners-Up/Losers 2014 v Scottish Cup Winners 2014

This will be the first match I've seen between these two teams since May 17th last year. That was a particularly memorable day. Well, it was memorable for me. I'm aware that some of you may have forgotten what happened, so I'll post a couple of photos to jog your memory.

2107102_w2.jpg

_74930816_nadir_ciftci1.jpg

Anyway, I strongly dislike Dundee United. I'm fed up of repeating the reasons why I hate them as much as I do. I'll give it a rest on this occasion.

I must admit that my general disgust originally stemmed from a match between these two teams in 2011. However, the primary cause of my anger is currently playing for St. Johnstone on loan and I can't currently use that wee p***k Danny Swanson as one of the reasons for my detestation.

Instead, this previous wrath has been replaced by a new anger. United fucked up my accumulator yesterday. Because of their terrible display of football (and, more specifically, their dreadful 'defending'), I have missed out on over £1000. The one week I want them to win, they choose NOT to dive and cheat their way to an undeserved victory. It's totally uncalled for. Dundee United are a disgusting football club and I hope we pump them rotten.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ heads gone

Impossible to predict a United game these days, moreso as we can't seem to put out a settled defence more than a game or two in a row. Fojut will be back which is a plus, hopefully Morris is fully fit for a start.

United to concede one, probably two (Rado clanger included). Somewhere in the region of 1-1 to 2-2 looks likely.

Donnelly

McGowan/Dillon Fojut Morris/McGowan Dixon

Paton Butcher

Ciftci Telfer Dow

Anier

This will be the first match I've seen between these two teams since May 17th last year. That was a particularly memorable day. Well, it was memorable for me. I'm aware that some of you may have forgotten what happened, so I'll post a couple of photos to jog your memory.

iO5nnRf.jpg?1

2-0 Dundee United in this one. Nadir Ciftci is bound to play well/score against us at some point, so I'll plump for him as first scorer.

Tbf he did have a great game against you in the game at Tannadice earlier this season but lets not get silly about him scoring. If he couldn't score against you guys when he was one on one with Steve Banks in the 4-0 game at the start of last season then he never will.

As for us line-up wise, Rankin seemingly did very little to warrant keeping his surprise starting place from Saturday so either Butcher or Paton in beside Telfer and Fojut in for either Dillon or Morris if he's out injured. I'd probably keep Dow, Ciftci, Erskine and Anier as the attacking quartet although Connolly deserves another opportunity too.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing Dixon bombing forward a lot again at Tannadice though.

I predict this will be a dreadful game to watch and I'm not particularly confident of a win. St Johnstone will score 1, so 2 overall including the one Rado will throw in. Wouldn't rule out a 2-2.

I'd like to see a lineup of -

A cardboard cut-out of Rene Higuita

Dillon McGowan Fojut Dixon

Paton Butcher

Ciftci Telfer Dow

Anier

Morris for Dillon if fit.

Archived