Racism in junior football.

colliebhoy

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the Ardeer statement at least one Ardeer player overheard the comments.Greenock players have no option but to support their mate and Ardeer players the same.Given what I' ve read about this and what I witnessed in the game at Ardeer I know who I believe

Like I said I wasn't saying it didn't happen, just that the players didn't hear it. Like I said they could've been at the other end of the pitch or on the bench or whatever.

As it happens they do have an option if they did hear it. As far as I'm aware, none of my friends are racist but I wouldn't defend them if they were. Also It's good to see one of our players supporting the boy at Ardeer.

From reading the Daily record and in my mind, The boy in question basically called the referee a liar. Does this mean the referee is also being subject to a racial abuse accusation also with the comments the boy made? I don't know either boy just asking a question since the lad basically said this

" I passed the ball away and went straight to the ref and I asked if he’d heard what had been said.

“The referee didn’t have any control of the game, he said he heard nothing but I believe he did. The racial remark was shouted at me and other players heard it.

“As soon as the ref denied hearing it I asked to be substituted as this has never happened to me before in a competitive match"

And before you do ask me, yes i do not tolerate this sort of behaviour and shouldn't matter what colour of skin we all have.

From reading the Daily record and in my mind, The boy in question basically called the referee a liar. Does this mean the referee is also being subject to a racial abuse accusation also with the comments the boy made? I don't know either boy just asking a question since the lad basically said this

" I passed the ball away and went straight to the ref and I asked if he’d heard what had been said.

“The referee didn’t have any control of the game, he said he heard nothing but I believe he did. The racial remark was shouted at me and other players heard it.

“As soon as the ref denied hearing it I asked to be substituted as this has never happened to me before in a competitive match"

And before you do ask me, yes i do not tolerate this sort of behaviour and shouldn't matter what colour of skin we all have.

I think it's more of a "the referee heard it but didn't do anything out of convenience" sort of sentence. I don't think he's saying the ref is racist

Like I said I wasn't saying it didn't happen, just that the players didn't hear it. Like I said they could've been at the other end of the pitch or on the bench or whatever.

As it happens they do have an option if they did hear it. As far as I'm aware, none of my friends are racist but I wouldn't defend them if they were. Also It's good to see one of our players supporting the boy at Ardeer.

I know what you are saying but Greenock players who commented that it didn't happen shouldn' t be saying it didn't happen just because they didn't actually hear it themselves.

Well done to the guy. I think we know who the vast majority of folk will believe.

Think it's safe to say i won't be giving them my fiver again.

Sigh...no,it's not because your opinion differs from mine,it's because it's at variance with the opinions of most rational and right-thinking people,both on and off this forum and could only have been posted by someone who is a ).trolling,or b)..in urgent need of professional help.

Incidentally,how did that time spent at Edinburgh Uni work out for you?

edinburgh uni? wtf?!

Can't believe some of the comments on this thread. Bottom line is discrimination on any grounds is not acceptable. To those who say ignore it you are wrong comments needs to be challanged and appropriate action taken. What is dissapointing is that the club have not put out any statement stating irrespective of the outcome of investigation that they are against discrimination of any kind. If this was my club I would expect them to do that at the very least and possibly suspend the player whilst investigating any allaged incident.

All this interest from the Weegie Bogroll lately of course wouldn't have anything to do with their favourite club currently being in soapy bubble over their fans' routine moronic behaviour of course and them looking for a bit of whataboutery to indulge half of their moronic readership in.

Wait for the old "this shows it's a problem with society" excuses forthcoming by next week.

Innocent till proven guilty , wait till the investigation is done then judge people, use all jump right in and have your opinion without giving people a chance.

If he did do it he will get dealt with accordingly but If it is not proven then a lot of apologies are gonna be needed as this will ruin a persons image.

Innocent till proven guilty , wait till the investigation is done then judge people, use all jump right in and have your opinion without giving people a chance.

If he did do it he will get dealt with accordingly but If it is not proven then a lot of apologies are gonna be needed as this will ruin a persons image.

You sure you're talking about the same guy as everybody else?

He more and likely is guilty after reading the boys post and I don't think he would make it up but everyone deserves their say and untill the hearing happens who are we to judge anyone.
He more and likely is guilty after reading the boys post and I don't think he would make it up but everyone deserves their say and untill the hearing happens who are we to judge anyone.
I agree with that right enough

All this interest from the Weegie Bogroll lately of course wouldn't have anything to do with their favourite club currently being in soapy bubble over their fans' routine moronic behaviour of course and them looking for a bit of whataboutery to indulge half of their moronic readership in.

Wait for the old "this shows it's a problem with society" excuses forthcoming by next week.

Take it you've watched "The Imitation Game" one too many times. Why don't you take a wee lie down and put a plate of jelly and ice cream on your fevered brow.You won't regret it.It'll make you feel much better.

edinburgh uni? wtf?!

I stayed in Edinburgh when I was at uni n im a st rochs fan, but I wid go see Spartans or Edinburgh city, Edinburgh uni etc. I'd just tour grounds n not affiliate myself to any other team. my hearts with the candy n would never cheat on her

Got to be honest here bud,you're the only guy I've heard of who seems to have forgotten that he attended uni.Unless,of course,you studied at some other establishment in the Edinburgh area? :huh:

Archived