Morton v Stranraer

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a great 3pts for Morton.

Stranraer dominated but couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Abysmal finishing.

We were better in the second half than we were in the first with wee Mark Russell in particular putting in a good performance.

Onwards and upwards...

Excellent 3 points today puts the pressure on Stranraer now.

Our defence is far too dodgy and I don't want to see a Lamie & Crighton partnership again. Mark Russell really is excellent going forward and his goal was superb but is weaker going back. Ross Forbes was excellent today and was my MOTM by far. Both McCluskey's are sh*te bags and need to stop pulling out of tackles last minute. Caldwell & McManus really linked up well today and caused Stranraers defence problems all game. Stranraer passed the ball about well but didn't really test Gaston we could still be playing and they still wouldn't have scored.

Forbes excellent, Ricky Lamie & Tam O'Ware cruised through the second half.

Duffy smug as f*ck as Pepper was poor.

Willie Gibson looked a threat for the first 20 minutes and was anonymous after that.

Good 3 points

Good performance by Morton today. Wasn't a classic by any means, but it never was going to be one.

Forbes easily MotM today as he controlled the rather physical Stranraer midfield.

McManus & Caldwell never stopped running at the Stranraer defence all game. They look like they could form a decent partnership

We restricted Stranraer to one decent shot (which was well saved by Gaston) the whole game. I thought both Lamie & Crighton played well today.

Russell's goal was a beauty I have to say. :thumsup2

3 points in the bag!

Stranraer were far from honking btw. What nonsense. They had numerous chances, Gaston parry near the start, a fresh air swipe from the bald guy, and two bakks flashed across the six yard box that were just a bit too heavy, Gaston had to produce a wonder save 2nd half, and Kilday had an exceptional last ditch challenge after Gaston decided he was Neuer but miskicked. Our 2nd goal came only as a result of them chasing the game. The difference was a single mistake.

Willie Gibson looks like Garry O'Connor.

Stranraers number 8 has serious mental issues. 5 fouls, 2 of them cynical, 2 of them kicking out. No booking. Standard McKendrick.

Brilliant shift by Forbes today, if Pars fans are to be believed, that's not his norm? He was excellent.

Willie Gibson looks like Garry O'Connor.

Stranraers number 8 has serious mental issues. 5 fouls, 2 of them cynical, 2 of them kicking out. No booking. Standard McKendrick.

Brilliant shift by Forbes today, if Pars fans are to be believed, that's not his norm? He was excellent.

Pars fans are never to be believed.

They're a shower of ghouls

Happy with that. I think we will stroll this league cause Stranraer weren't that good, team full of hackers if am honest. How on earth the Stranraer no.8 never even got a talking to off that ***** mckendrick I will never know having boots at McCluskey and all sorts.

2 good goals, Caldwell never gave up for the first goal & set up McManus perfectly.

Mark Russell is a really special player, can see a big future ahead of him.

Thought Forbes completely strolled the game today and was my MOTM!

No doubt Stranraer were comfortably the better team today, but I'm not sure you can extend that to saying they deserved to win because if you concede goals like that you deserve to be disbanded. I've seen some hilarious defending in my time but f**k me, that was one of the worst goals I've ever seen from a defensive perspective. Delighted to take it though, as you really couldn't see us winning the game until that happened.

The second half was much less one-sided though still a pretty dire spectacle, lovely stuff from Russell to finish it off though.

If we'd had a competent referee today both Kilday and Bell would have been off for two bookings. Instead we had John McKendrick, a total clownshoe who should be nowhere near a professional football.

Stranraer were far from honking btw. What nonsense. They had numerous chances, Gaston parry near the start, a fresh air swipe from the bald guy, and two bakks flashed across the six yard box that were just a bit too heavy, Gaston had to produce a wonder save 2nd half, and Kilday had an exceptional last ditch challenge after Gaston decided he was Neuer but miskicked. Our 2nd goal came only as a result of them chasing the game. The difference was a single mistake.

Thanks for a sensible post.

Draw would of probably been fair. Thought Stranraer were excellent first 30 minutes but no way they could keep that tempo up all game, especially against a full time side.

Unfortunate that we were lacking on the bench today. If we could have brought Winter or Stoney on against that defence I think it could of been different.

One positive from today is Scott Robertson back starting after injury.

Shot ourselves in the foot. Well done to Morton for capitalising. Going to be a good run in.

Agreed sensible post above. Caused Morton all sorts of problems in first half. Pity Stoney was unavailable for some reason. Must have been injured at training. Missed winter on right. Rumsby obviously didn't recover from last week.

There was a couple of times where we wound up caught in 3 on 2 situations and Stranraer threw it away those times. We gave Stranraer a chance to look good a couple of times, but when we scored, I knew it was game over. Just didn't see anything from Stranraer to suggest that they were going to take even a point from the game. As someone said above, they could have played all night and not scored.

Gaston did make the save in the second half, but the first half one was a horror show from our standpoint and another example of us allowing Stranraer to look decent at times.

Stranraer looked dangerous in the first half, but you'd never have thought they were a team topping a league. I expected more.

Morton weren't great, but to me it looked like we had more good footballers, Stranraer were a physical bunch. Game was decided by a howler of a mistake at the first goal... after Jim Duffy saying Stranraer don't give away cheap goals! ;-)

I can see why stranraer are top of the league.

Played some nice stuff and if they had a finisher like dare I say it, Peaso or Declan, they could have maybe scored a few today.

Crucial win for us. Thought Forbes was excellent and I actually felt quite comfortable with the Lamie and Crichton partnership at the back. Still not convinced with Kilday.

Russel looks a real prospect for us, can't see him being at Morton beyond the summer.

Roll on next week.

Archived