Morton v Stranraer

People rightly praising Russell, Lamie, Forbes (etc?) but I'd like to see a wee bit of credit where it's due for Crighton. My heart sank when I saw he was starting again (thus pushing O'Ware into midfield, where he isn't really suited) - but especially towards the end he was everywhere, and won numerous crucial headers. Crighton had a good game and we kept a clean sheet. Crighton plays poorly (as is the norm) and we concede. Makes sense I guess.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Willie Gibson looks like Garry O'Connor.

Stranraers number 8 has serious mental issues. 5 fouls, 2 of them cynical, 2 of them kicking out. No booking. Standard McKendrick.

Brilliant shift by Forbes today, if Pars fans are to be believed, that's not his norm? He was excellent.

Eating too many crisps & sweeties?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.950555,-4.764833,3a,75y,224.59h,86.52t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s2_8-2NZSGKDwQeMXB8VWmg!2e0!6m1!1e1

People rightly praising Russell, Lamie, Forbes (etc?) but I'd like to see a wee bit of credit where it's due for Crighton. My heart sank when I saw he was starting again (thus pushing O'Ware into midfield, where he isn't really suited) - but especially towards the end he was everywhere, and won numerous crucial headers. Crighton had a good game and we kept a clean sheet. Crighton plays poorly (as is the norm) and we concede. Makes sense I guess.

I agree. Crighton deserves credit for his performance. Probably the best I've seen him play for us.

The problem with Crighton is he never passes it out of defence, he either hoofs it up the park or passes it back to Gaston for him to hoof it up. He was good in the last 20 mins but still made mistakes throughout the game. You just never feel confident with him in the team.

The problem with Crighton is he never passes it out of defence, he either hoofs it up the park or passes it back to Gaston for him to hoof it up. He was good in the last 20 mins but still made mistakes throughout the game. You just never feel confident with him in the team.

He passed a 30 yarder out of defence just at the start of the 2nd half which put McManus through on goal :blink:

But I get what you're saying..

Stranraer were the better side. The fact that we stole away a crucial three points must harrow their squad at the moment. We were as poor as we have usually been in recent weeks and did hee-haw tactically to respond to Stranraer pushing everyone forward in the last 15 minutes. We got a second goal on the break when we seemed more likely to concede an equaliser. Yet Stranraer completely gifted an opener and allowed a clincher on the break.

The major bonus for us is that Peter MacDonald is a week closer to full fitness, and despite his fitness issues we've collected 10 points from 12 against the other top half sides this year anyway. If MacDonald recovers from injury then we'll have an unstoppable attack at this level: if he can't regain fitness then it's going to go down to the wire.

Stranraer were the better side. The fact that we stole away a crucial three points must harrow their squad at the moment. We were as poor as we have usually been in recent weeks and did hee-haw tactically to respond to Stranraer pushing everyone forward in the last 15 minutes. We got a second goal on the break when we seemed more likely to concede an equaliser. Yet Stranraer completely gifted an opener and allowed a clincher on the break.

The major bonus for us is that Peter MacDonald is a week closer to full fitness, and despite his fitness issues we've collected 10 points from 12 against the other top half sides this year anyway. If MacDonald recovers from injury then we'll have an unstoppable attack at this level: if he can't regain fitness then it's going to go down to the wire.

Wow! VT saying something worth reading.

Going to be a great run in. Morton look good going forward. Stranraer are decent add the fact every team in this league can get something off each other. Second last game of the season could be massive.

Ps met a couple of Morton fans in Dusseldorf in September. Are you on here boys? If so enjoy.

The second last weekend clash between the sides will surely be moved for BBC Alba: 5:30 Saturday kick-off. It will end up being the only two title contenders - Forfar simply aren't credible.

Hopefully we'll go into it four points ahead but on the basis of today it looks like a struggle, despite our kind run-in.

As I said during the game, Stranraer controlled the opening half hour or so. We then woke up, mainly due to their number 8 getting stuck in. The referee's body language seemed to imply that he'd book him once play stopped, but this didn't prevent him putting in another foul during this time. When play did stop - nothing. Both sides were denied a certain corner and he was shocking In general.

The opener was a gift, although Caldwell deserves credit for persisting and capitalising on indecision.

The second half started well and was fairly open. The subs killed it (especially Duffy taking off a less-than-happy Forbes) and shortly afterwards an equaliser seemed inevitable as Stranraer took control again. That it never came is credit to our defence, who had to deal with a fair few stramashes. Russell then finished that move which he's tried a few times - this was one where he didn't sky it.

We will clearly need a points cushion for our visit to Stair Park - don't fancy going there needing to get something.

Took my other half and her friend along (Stranraer fans) and I believe we met a group in Sinclair St which included Edinburgh Blue. They liked the Norseman, but were less than impressed with the Stewarding in the away end. Front three rows taped off and they tried to make families split up to get them seated. Only much later did they open the section with the "C" in it.

Also heard that someone who gave Chris Aitken full throttle abuse was given his head in his hands by the rest of the away support. Funny that in the Cowshed it's those who try to defend players who tend to get shouted down.

Most important thing yesterday was 3 points. We got them, but it wasn't pretty.

Stranraer are very well organised and seen plenty of the ball but like us, never really created many clear cut chances.

Scrappy game and I'm just glad we came out on top.

Couldn't believe Bell wasn't booked once play stopped.

It was a piss poor game devoid of really any quality until the 2nd goal. As much as Stranraer had a lot of the ball in the first half they never looked like scoring, then made a hilariously terribad error at the back and were punished for it. If they were more clinical in the final third it would have been a closer scoreline but Morton took what little chances they got and deserved the win for that.

But my eyes still hurt from watching that.

Aye one of our supposed fans shouted abuse at Chris Aitken. Who wasn't the worse out there.

I told him to shut the f up and support his team. In my opinion if you cannae support your own team for 90minutes when top of the league dont bother going.

Aye one of our supposed fans shouted abuse at Chris Aitken. Who wasn't the worse out there.

I told him to shut the f up and support his team. In my opinion if you cannae support your own team for 90minutes when top of the league dont bother going.

Happyclapper.

Aye the away support was quite poor

Archived