What would 5 more years of the Tories mean?

FlyerTon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see what you did there ;) How much for the third?

£1000,000 just to satisfy this buckled lefty state who don't see free speech as an absolute that I'm not really trying to order a hit.

Just kidding, money's here for you. Get it done boys!

28 terrorists have used it to avoid deportation, and countless more criminals have done likewise. It's a charter for abuse and easy money for lawyers like Mrs Blair. It was her that got her grinning other half to blindly sign up to it.

You do realise that the Human Rights Act is taken almost verbatim from the ECHR, don't you? As Europe was,and still is, used as a last resort of appeal, the HRA actually removed a level of process in many cases - meaning less work for the repulsive Mrs Blair and her learned friends.

While there no doubt that it has been abused by wrongdoers seeking to evade justice, it's hardly the only example on the statute book.

Maybe you'd be happier if we dispensed with due process when dealing with terrorists? Or do you mean alleged terrorists? I mean, how would you decide who's guilty?

£1000,000 just to satisfy this buckled lefty state who don't see free speech as an absolute that I'm not really trying to order a hit.

Just kidding, money's here for you. Get it done boys!

Aye, it's a lefty state, right enough. You haven't a fucking clue, have you?

I truly despair - I can only assume the wee Tories on here have never been in a hospital, never needed the assistance of the police, never been thankful that criminals are locked away from them, never watched or listened to the BBC, are all descendants of immigrants to this country since 1945, and are confident their lives will run smoothly from now until their peaceful deaths, in their sleep, aged 112. It's painfully obvious that they've not made the most of the education provided.

I'll pay £100 to the first person who kills this idiot, £50 to the second.

I see what you did there ;) How much for the third?

I truly despair - I can only assume the wee Tories on here have never been in a hospital, never needed the assistance of the police, never been thankful that criminals are locked away from them, never watched or listened to the BBC, are all descendants of immigrants to this country since 1945, and are confident their lives will run smoothly from now until their peaceful deaths, in their sleep, aged 112. It's painfully obvious that they've not made the most of the education provided.

Oh dear. Zeitgeist has never been your strong suit, Norman.

:lol: This seems to be my day for being misunderstood..

Hi Welshy. I am WRK's carer and we discussed his moving out from The Big Thread earlier today. His statement was that he could make progress and my thesis was he'd make a J Arthur of himself.

Thankfully, he's now wearing a rather fetching jacket which has sleeves neatly tied around the back. My aim is that he won't bother the rest of us again.

Can't see the Tories reaching 326 seats and SNP, LIbs have ruled out a coalition. I'm fairly certain Red Ed will have the keys come May.

My only wish is that Labour doesn't end up as the largest party and choses to run a minority administration. That's the nightmare scenario for the independence cause: Everything else is gains.

Pandy baiting the trap here and ready to pounce. My hooks are well tentered. Will Pete reply? Will Pandy get bored and away and gnaw on some bamboo? Fuxake, Easter Enders Live never had such drama!

Popcorn at the ready?

Ha ha! No such trap - and no need for popcorn.

28 terrorists have used it to avoid deportation, and countless more criminals have done likewise. It's a charter for abuse and easy money for lawyers like Mrs Blair. It was her that got her grinning other half to blindly sign up to it.

As has been pointed out already - terrorists should be convicted for their crimes in a court of law. Unfortunately this involves lawyers like Mrs Blair. It really does come down to how much faith you want to put in the state. I tend to place as little trust in the state as possible. As for being a 'charter for abuse'? Well there's many of them unfortunately but when justice, law and politics are involved I'm afraid a bit of abuse was going to be inevitable.

Mea culpa. I'm just pissed off with the idiot right wing attitudes prevalent on here, and your post set off a pavlovian reaction. Too subtle for my fatigued state, I reckon.

I'll let you off if you kill AI666. No £100 though.

Everyone has a "look after number one" approach to life. To say otherwise is to be willfully ignorant. What keeps us from randomly looting and using acts of violence against each other is fear and morality. The people who lack them are the psycho and sociopaths in our society. Have you ever wanted to go on strike for better pay? If you have, then your certainly acting in your own interest at the expense of your pupils.

What an incredibly depressing state to get yourself into. I can only speak for myself but I certainly don't have a 'look after number one' approach to life. I very rarely want to go on strike - but most of the time I do its to protect the rights of a colleague (hardly looking after number one). I also sacrifice valuable family time to put the interests of my pupils first - although I am trying to strike a better balance.

I could of course be a psycho - I've never given that much thought.

What an incredibly depressing state to get yourself into. I can only speak for myself but I certainly don't have a 'look after number one' approach to life. I very rarely want to go on strike - but most of the time I do its to protect the rights of a colleague (hardly looking after number one). I also sacrifice valuable family time to put the interests of my pupils first - although I am trying to strike a better balance.

I could of course be a psycho - I've never given that much thought.

I guarantee you if the government was to ever attempt to properly fix the education system. You would resist, because it would be against your own interest. Things like a school voucher scheme, making it easier to fire bad teachers and allowing teachers to be paid more based on what subject their teaching and results based performance. While I'm not for all of them, these are things no teachers union would accept under the current paradigm, because they like things the way they are. All they care about is getting more money.

My only wish is that Labour doesn't end up as the largest party and choses to run a minority administration. That's the nightmare scenario for the independence cause: Everything else is gains.

even if Alex salmond ends up having end milibands boaby in his mouth a la clegg and Cameron? It will be very interesting to see what policies the SNP sign up to as part of the coalition. I could envisage a situation where miliband tries to get through a ridiculous anti immigration policy to try and stem the rise of ukip and the SNP have to back it.

I guarantee you if the government was to ever attempt to properly fix the education system. You would resist, because it would be against your own interest. Things like a school voucher scheme, making it easier to fire bad teachers/headmasters and allowing teachers to be paid more based on what subject their teaching and results based performance. While I'm not for all of them, these are things no teachers union would accept under the current paradigm.

I'd love to see some of the bad teachers in the country let go (and there's quite a few). Unfortunately I've yet to hear an effective way to actually do it. The ticky-box culture that exists currently has already fucked up a lot in education - and it would get the wrong folk if it was allowed to determine who should stay and who should go. Same with performance related pay (less its all about the results - in which case the (let's say) less-than-bright kids lose out).

As has been pointed out already - terrorists should be convicted for their crimes in a court of law. Unfortunately this involves lawyers like Mrs Blair.

May I go off on one? When it comes to due process our system absolutely needs, "lawyers like Mrs Blair".. The English legal system has previous in convicting terrorist on what became a false premise. Moreover, the Scots system must be called in to question for its conviction of Big al-Megrahi. What marks us out is not the fact that we convict terrorist but that we have the humanity to revise dubious rulings, even if that involves, " lawyers like Mrs Blair".

I know you agree with this.

Archived