Dumbarton v Queen of the South

Poor result today but hay ho we are 4th with a game in hand and +13 goal diff, some fans seem to forget there are no gimmies in this league.

Del was silly at the end with a two handed push on the sins player.

Durnan & Higgins suspended for Raith game after picking up yellows, time for Hooper or Steg to step in for that game.

We must sign a striker for coming fixtures with Del Prob missing 3 games and Gav not 100% fit preferably a non cup tied signing!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to get there 1St which is looking harder by the day no lyle and even if gav does make the game which he might not he's not gonna be 100% fit.

We MUST get a player in this week that's able to play tbh is a joke this wasint sorted in January penny pinching at its best and it may well bite us on the arse yet.

Cowdenbeath have a striker who's probably looking for a loophole in his contract as we speak...

hard fought point today, but probably in the end well deserved

vast improvement performance wise on the last few games....great performances from Rogers (my MOTM for some stunning saves), Taggart, and I thought Easton had a good game, especially in the 1st half

Gilhaney had another tough game, and seems to be totally devoid of self confidence just now...not sure fans getting on his back will help though

Queens showed why they are challenging for the final play off spot, but I was a little disappointed in how they went about some of the things, mainly off the ball.....red card deserved, and I would hope the refs report would include Lyle's behaviour in at first refusing to leave and his behaviour towards the home fans as he was heading up the tunnel.....of course he wasn't happy, but the language he used was poor

Higgins also lucky to avoid red, and really disappointed with Russell at the end...right in front of linesman too

Yes Moonster I seen the two fingered salute. Pity linesman or referee never witnessed it.

Yep. He definitely seen it. Told him to stop it as well. Disappointing as he usually takes the banter well.

Queens completely lost the plot in the end. Was like a group of children throwing their toys out the pram. Quite amusing to watch.

Thought we showed great spirit today . In like Taggert more each week and findlay back to solid best. Do wonder if some sons fans have ever played football in light drizzle with a breeze with some of the shouts today. Excellent point in the end and we nearly fluked it in last minute. Decent shape to team today and we did actually play some good football particularly in first half.

Nightmare, Lyle misses the cup game on Friday to add to that Higgins and Durnan miss the Roath Ravers game. McShane should probably scored from the header in the first half and on another day might have scored a couple. It's the last three weeks that show us what a big player Gav has become for us. We seem to be short on ideas in the final third when he's not on the park.

Yes Moonster I seen the two fingered salute. Pity linesman or referee never witnessed it.

He is one of those players that a lot of folk love to hate, but when he's playing for you he's the first guy you want on the team sheet.

So what if he did a Harvey Smith? If 300 folks were singing "ThirdRock-from-TheSon, you're a w****r, you're a w****r......." I guess I'd probably stick the Vicky up them too.

(Before wading in with fists boots and head flying, in my case.)

Well that's 90 mins of my life I'll never get back.

Disappointed with a few aspects today: Durnan getting needlessly booked (suspended) for pulling the lads Jersey, Higgins getting booked (suspended) for someone running into him and falling like he had been shot and McShane unable to cross or pass a ball ALL game. I can't remember Zander having a save to make and can't remember any shots that troubled sons apart from I think it was Paton header in the 1st half. Nearly losing it at the end through another deflection would have been tough to take but dust ourselves down and hope that we play a LOT better against Falkirk on Friday night. Please God I hope Gavin is back for the game.

He is one of those players that a lot of folk love to hate, but when he's playing for you he's the first guy you want on the team sheet.

So what if he did a Harvey Smith? If 300 folks were singing "ThirdRock-from-TheSon, you're a w****r, you're a w****r......." I guess I'd probably stick the Vicky up them too.

(Before wading in with fists boots and head flying, in my case.)

Aye, this.

I don't have an issue with players giving fans a bit of stick and vice versa. I'd do the same if I was a player.

hard fought point today, but probably in the end well deservedvast improvement performance wise on the last few games....great performances from Rogers (my MOTM for some stunning saves), Taggart, and I thought Easton had a good game, especially in the 1st halfGilhaney had another tough game, and seems to be totally devoid of self confidence just now...not sure fans getting on his back will help

trimmed it down a bit just to focus on us......

I agree with most of this - Rogers' tip over the bar from 25 yards was a beauty.

Gils......it was a heavy pitch, waterlogged in places, it was pissing down, high-ish wind, park cutting up. Gils isn't long back from injury IIRC, so to those of you howling at him as he made one or two mistakes, I challenge you to this; get a strip on, get your arses down onto the pitch, in the same conditions, so I can scream abuse at you. You are fucking morons the lot of you. Call youselves supporters? You'd be as well going to Govan or Parkhead if you think you can rock up and be entertained every week with silky football. We're part-time remember, albeit top of all the part-timers recently. Try not to forget this as you scream at the team you are supposed to SUPPORT.

Well that's 90 mins of my life I'll never get back.

Disappointed with a few aspects today: Durnan getting needlessly booked (suspended) for pulling the lads Jersey, Higgins getting booked (suspended) for someone running into him and falling like he had been shot and McShane unable to cross or pass a ball ALL game. I can't remember Zander having a save to make and can't remember any shots that troubled sons apart from I think it was Paton header in the 1st half. Nearly losing it at the end through another deflection would have been tough to take but dust ourselves down and hope that we play a LOT better against Falkirk on Friday night. Please God I hope Gavin is back for the game.

Someone running into him lol.

Duggan stood still, Higgins came to him, deserved at least a booking, think he went down a little easy aye, but christ you have beany so you will know all about that.

Thought we completely dominated the match against a team who sat with 10 men behind the ball and had a keeper who tried to waste time at very opportunity. Full back with long throw Linton takes an eternity to launch the ball after going through a very protracted polishing process using the ballboy's towel.

On another day could have won that 3 or 4 nil but we didnt and Dumbarton defended well but not a great spectacle when playing at home. Wouldnt like to watch that negativity every week.

Disgusted with our loss of discipline - in a match that I am struggling to remember a bad tackle from either side some of our players should have a long hard look in the mirror!!

3-5-3 apparently according to Livescore. Paton up top with Lyle. Anyone at the game that can confirm that? Always thought Paton was a striker right enough.

Started of 4-4-1-1 with Paton kind of up front and kind of playing off Lyle. Switched to 3-4-2-1 at half time and the to 3-4-1-2 when Russell came on

That Queens team was full of rage-faces at the end. Still chuckling at Lyle's seether. I imagine the QoS support will be extremely disappointed this evening with their team's conduct.

Commendably gritty display from us. Amazing the difference simple tactics, decent organisation and belief does for a team.

Not really. I didnt see the Lyle incident and he could have kept his mouth shut when walking off the pitch but he obviously felt very hard done by. I'd be more dissapointed if I was a Dumbarton fan, to be honest. No attempt to win the game throughout the 90 minutes. Several dangerous challenges, Flemings early booking was borderline red. Turner was lucky not to be booked before he was and should have gone for his reaction to the ref. Duggans antics for Higgins booking were laughable. Higgins blocked him off running through onto the keeper. He got up went for Higgins and then fell down with minimal contact. Higgins was stupid and should have walked away but it the contact was little more than Higgins standing his ground. Turner then dives in two footed right in front of us

off the ball incident.....waasnt actually watching, but seemed to be we slowed the ball down before a goal kick, and he wrestled one of our players, and pushed him to the ground....linesman called it

Higgins(?) also lucky to escape a red card....blatant body check of one of our players off the ball

Iain Russell......I always used to like him, even after he left us, but his behaviour at the end of the game was very poor....right in front of linesman too....hope he gets reported

:lol:

A talking to to Higgins and Duggan would have been a far more reasonable decision. Sending Higgins off would have been farcical.

Obviously disappointed not to win against a poor Dumbarton side. We had lots of play, lots of possession but lacked urgency at times and the killer pass/instinct in the final third. That said, we hit the post and brought a couple of good saves from Rogers. On another day, one of those goes in. This results means we really have to take something from Ibrox and the two upcoming Raith games and the Cowden one in between are absolutely massive

Someone running into him lol.

Duggan stood still, Higgins came to him, deserved at least a booking, think he went down a little easy aye, but christ you have beany so you will know all about that.

^^^ not sure if serious

Duggan, clearly, got up and went towards Higgins waving his finger at him.

Archived