Dumbarton v Queen of the South

I don't need to remind you of your record against us.

I do need to remind you that a draw with us is in no way, shape or form embarassing. You support Queen of the South, not a world class outfit who would be mortified at the thought of a draw with lowly part-time Dumbarton. We've drawn with better teams than Queens this season (Hearts, Hibs, Falkirk).

Put your fishing rod away BBPF. ;)

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't need to remind you of your record against us.

I do need to remind you that a draw with us is in no way, shape or form embarassing. You support Queen of the South, not a world class outfit who would be mortified at the thought of a draw with lowly part-time Dumbarton. We've drawn with better teams than Queens this season (Hearts, Hibs, Falkirk).

Talking about "lowly part-time Dumbarton", you are talking down your own team which I don't think I was doing. I actually stated in an pre-match post that I did not think it would be as easy for Queens as many posters, including a few from Dumbarton were predicting. My sense of embarrassment was more to do with the fact that yesterday's Dumbarton team turned out to be IMO worse than those we have beaten handsomely already this season. FYI, at the moment the league table shows we are above Falkirk so until that changes I will regard Queens as a better team.

So embarrassing for the border Tories.

Do you find that you are beginning to repeat things. Best consult a doctor.

Didn't hear any of the abuse where I was sitting. Queens / Lyle / Beanie provided a real laugh for us at the end !

I can't see where the time wasting accusations come from ??

I thought Graham and Findlay had a great game and we deserved our point.

Christ, I nearly drowned and froze on the short walk to the Bowling Club after the game !!

Didn't hear any of the abuse where I was sitting. Queens / Lyle / Beanie provided a real laugh for us at the end !

I can't see where the time wasting accusations come from ??

I thought Graham and Findlay had a great game and we deserved our point.

Christ, I nearly drowned and froze on the short walk to the Bowling Club after the game !!

Watch the highlights ball went out far side for throw in Dumbarton player shouts at ref falls down with cramp. Ball comes into play and within a second he is back on his feet buzzing about, sure he was in real discomfort with that shocking bout of cramp he had.

Eta I wasn't at the game but going purely by the highlights I would say we were very unlucky not to get the points. Poor finishing and a couple of good saves kept it level, Zander had very little to do and had we won doubt many Dumbarton fans could have felt like they had been robbed.

Despite what many on both sides were saying pre-match about the possible outcome I didn't think that this would be as easy a game for QoS as some were predicting. The result and overall performance however leaves a feeling of embarrassment rather than disappointment as we couldn't beat this Dumbarton team which is far worse than the Dumbarton teams we have beaten comfortably already this season. The home side did what they had to do to try and end a dismal run but even so we should have the players to overcome that without too much trouble. Of the "flashpoints", Higgins needs to have a good look at himself, he was suckered into a reaction and didn't disappoint,

trust me....that is a far better Dumbarton team you played yesterday than you faced in our 2 previous encounters. We are certainly not the team we were last season if that was what you were meaning?

as for Higgins....in what way was he "suckered" into anything......he clearly simply barged into Duggan....now there may be an argument to say he didn't need to go down....but to imply he was tricked into fouling someone off the ball is simply bizarre. The yellow card was probably right, but ive seen them given as reds before, so can count himself lucky

As for Russell, his reputation probably does precede him....but that's his own doing, though his first touch down near the corner flag did look more of a dive than a foul

i get the point you were making.the inclusion of the smiley faces was that I was making a bit if fun about it. For the record I've never accused any player of lack of effort but will criticise poor play or wrong decision. From yesterday I can think I yelled at gils not crossing and passing the ball back past taggert , Linton trying to dribble and pass out of defence,aggy never picking up a man.do remember praising aggy for hoofing clear when others thought he should have played out from own area . Even still if what I say is rubbish it is my opinion.

I couldn't see smileys on your post, Cedrick1. I guess they were the little squares that appeared at the end of your post. Perhaps if I'd seen smileys instead of squares (old PC, running off XP) I may have offered a different (mellower) response to you.

We can all get annoyed at players. I was a little annoyed when Linton launched a long throw, and when the ball was headed back to him, he let it run out for another throw-in rather than trying crossing it to Duggan's waiting forehead.

I praised Rogers for several of his saves, and had a dig at Beanie as he Harveyed us all. That's normal banter.

And I respect others' opinions in general. It's a bit more of an issue though, when you hear the same sh!te coming out of the abusers every home game.

Watch the highlights ball went out far side for throw in Dumbarton player shouts at ref falls down with cramp. Ball comes into play and within a second he is back on his feet buzzing about, sure he was in real discomfort with that shocking bout of cramp he had.

Eta I wasn't at the game but going purely by the highlights I would say we were very unlucky not to get the points. Poor finishing and a couple of good saves kept it level, Zander had very little to do and had we won doubt many Dumbarton fans could have felt like they had been robbed.

He wasn't struggling with cramp actually. He had picked up a knock and went off just a minute later. He had been limping about for a few minutes beforehand as well. But if you weren't at the game then it can be excused that you didn't get to see that.

Except for the fact he went off injured about a minute later I guess your point is fair.

Edit: Damn you Squeezebox!! You beat me!

Except for the fact he went off injured about a minute later I guess your point is fair.

Edit: Damn you Squeezebox!! You beat me!

Apologies but he certainly wasn't running in that clip like he was carrying an injury.

Don't need to watch highlights. I was at the game. More time was wasted by that clown Lyle refusing to leave the pitch than the insignificant incident you quote from edited highlights.

Apologies but he certainly wasn't running in that clip like he was carrying an injury.

Yeah, was limping about to the extent that he never took a free kick which we had 20 yards out seconds before he went off. Which to anyone who knows anything about our team, knows that Aggy takes just about every free kick and 90% of other set pieces.

In my opinion the thrower always appeared to have one foot clear of the ground when he delivered the ball, foul throw according to the rules.

When was the last time you saw any ref (or lino) give a foul throw?

I can't remember one in about twenty years.

When was the last time you saw any ref (or lino) give a foul throw?

I can't remember one in about twenty years.

one of my hates in today's football. Foul throws,throws from wrong place, free kicks from wrong place. What I would call basic rules but often gets passed off as allowing the game to flow.

I reckon 90 per cent of throws are foul throws. Either taken from the wrong place or one foot over the line or off the ground. Also shies should be thrown and not placed.

Most linesmen do not bother watching the thrower and I doubt if many footballers know the rules. Many refs and most fans certainly dont know the rules.

Who decided to throw the ball in anyway? Kicking it in would speed the game up.

I reckon 90 per cent of throws are foul throws. Either taken from the wrong place or one foot over the line or off the ground. Also shies should be thrown and not placed.

Most linesmen do not bother watching the thrower and I doubt if many footballers know the rules. Many refs and most fans certainly dont know the rules.

Who decided to throw the ball in anyway? Kicking it in would speed the game up.

It would certainly stop the need for getting a towel from the ball-boy every time a long throw was to be taken. :thumsup2 Sorry, couldn't resist.

Archived