Dundee United v Inverness Caley Thistle

Why waste a quarter final suspension on Josh Meekings ffs. We played St Johnstone on Saturday, a flying elbow to Fraser Wright's big ugly coupon would've at least been slightly worth it.

Presumably because he was shiting himself whenever Frazer came within 5 yards of him. Got to get closer than that to elbow someone. :D

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is definitely improving.

At least he didn't try and maim the referee and his assistants as he once did on a previous occasion in Inverness when shown a red card..

Imagine being an official that night and lying about having your hands around their throat.

It still seems utterly mental to me that nothing came of the officials that night.

Imagine being an official that night and lying about having your hands around their throat.

It still seems utterly mental to me that nothing came of the officials that night.

I was there that night - just a few yards from where that melee took place. The red mist had descended on Cifti - he completely lost the place. Although the red card he initially received was reduced to a yellow he got off lightly with just a 2 match ban for his subsequent actions.

Undoubtedly a talented player but he does need to learn to control his violent temper.

It was definitely a red. I just found it mental they lied about it and were allowed to retract their statement.

Some boy. Tears will be shed when he leaves in four months.

Were they not threatening him with 14 games after the game? If our cameras weren't at the game, he'd have been royally fucked over.

It was definitely a red. I just found it mental they lied about it and were allowed to retract their statement.

Some boy. Tears will be shed when he leaves in four months.

Were they not threatening him with 14 games after the game? If our cameras weren't at the game, he'd have been royally fucked over.

Certainly didn't look good at the time.

6hnm.jpg

Why waste a quarter final suspension on Josh Meekings ffs. We played St Johnstone on Saturday, a flying elbow to Fraser Wright's big ugly coupon would've at least been slightly worth it.

What has Meekings got to do with it? Ciftci and Warren were at it. I didn't see what Warren did to be sent off but given that Raven and / or Watkins could have been sent off earlier maybe that's karma for you. As for Ciftci I hope he does get banned. He's a smashing player but a complete nyaff and his classless thuggery on Warren should be punished. No idea how Murray didn't see his blatant shove on Shinnie to set up a good chance for United in the first half. Idiot.

Good to see the Arabs on here criticising him for his stupidity. On Twitter however it seems to be a different story. My favourite one so far is one United fan who says that all players challenge for a header that way so there's no problem :lol:

As for the game I am still annoyed by it. Annoyed at the abysmal performance of Murray, the conduct of (some of) the United players, ICT totally losing their discipline (lucky not to have others sent off as above) and our performance. To play 80 odd minutes against 10 men and look like the poorer team is really something. By the end I was definitely happy with a draw but I had hoped we could have secured three vital points after the keeper walked. Clichéd it may be but you really couldn't tell which side had 10 men as United were all over us at points and in the second half it was one way traffic for the most part aside from two cracking chances for Williams and Watkins in quick succession.

Someone on Twitter mentioned we hace used the fewest players out of any team in the Premiership this season which isn't surprising given how small our squad is. However, you start to wonder if tiredness is starting to creep in a wee bit now. This may explain our subdued second half performances in recent weeks. With Warren and Watkins suspended for Motherwell it's difficuly to see how much we can really shuffle the pack to freshen things up.

The Tully is reporting that it wasn't for the arm in the back of the head but that United have "now been informed it was for squaring up to Warren after the butt and what looked an innocuous push has been deemed violent conduct that’s worthy of a two-match ban."

WTF are those SFA balloons all aboot?

The Tully is reporting that it wasn't for the arm in the back of the head but that United have "now been informed it was for squaring up to Warren after the butt and what looked an innocuous push has been deemed violent conduct that’s worthy of a two-match ban."

WTF are those SFA balloons all aboot?

Pretty clear that the yellow card was for the afters and not the elbow/forearm I thought.

Anyway, Tully link: http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-united/nadir-ciftci-violent-conduct-charges-are-laughable-say-dundee-united-1.844493

Manager Jackie McNamara will accompany Ciftci next week and has confirmed a vigorous defence will be put up.

“We are not accepting this. We have seen the incident and there is no way it’s violent conduct.”

Can someone play Nadir's Advocate as I cannot possibly see what the rigorous defence will consist of.

Archived