Dundee United v Inverness Caley Thistle

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result for both teams.

United need to sort out their form quick smart though.

Was it a straight red for warren?

Raven over to centre half, Shinnie to right back and a start for Tremarco at left back. Nae worries Yogi.

Good result for both teams.

United need to sort out their form quick smart though.

Was it a straight red for warren?

Raven over to centre half, Shinnie to right back and a start for Tremarco at left back. Nae worries Yogi.

More likely Tremarco or Draper in at CB like last season... if Danny Devine isn't in the cell.

Great effort from the players. A very good point despite the refs best efforts. This is the kind of commitment we need every week. Butcher and McGowan played well and everyone else put in a shift. Felt sorry on Erskine but there's always Saturday.

Great effort. Butcher in particular was immense. Wee bit disappointed not to have won it actually, despite a man short most of the game. Speaking of which, Inverness were lucky to have 10 at the end.

As an added bonus, Erskine's fresh for Saturday. I can understand his frustration, but he tends to run himself into the ground after about 60 minutes with 11, so might've been completely fucked by half time, and needed to have made another sub, so I can understand McNamara's thinking.

I'd be interested to hear the opinions on Szromnik from those demanding Rado was dropped.

The first half from United was dreadful, but there was far more effort put in, in the second half, and we got a goal that was deserved.

One thing that particularly annoyed me tonight, was United giving away stupid fouls when we had ICT pinned in their own half - too many players being so fcuking stupid sometimes.

Quite enjoyed that, huge improvement from Saturday. McGowan was MOTM for me, and him and Fojut played well together after a shaky start (how many times were caught out with a ball through the middle in the first half?) Has to be our centre half pairing until Morris returns. Dixon still looks rusty, though made some decent runs in the second half. Dillon's confidence looks shattered, though he improved a bit after the break. Great endeavour from the rest, even Cifcti worked hard.

That early sending off might have just done us a favour. Motivated the players and got the fans right behind the team. Hopefully we'll carry that same spirit forward to the Partick game on Saturday.

'Mon United.

I'd be interested to hear the opinions on Szromnik from those demanding Rado was dropped.

The first half from United was dreadful, but there was far more effort put in, in the second half, and we got a goal that was deserved.

One thing that particularly annoyed me tonight, was United giving away stupid fouls when we had ICT pinned in their own half - too many players being so fcuking stupid sometimes.

Rado deserved to be dropped, and the fact that we appear not to have a competent back-up is negligence on McNamara's part.

Sounded like you might have had a pen with the Warren red card.

Doesn't sound like the commentators were particularly paying attention tonight. I'll be interested to see the "dive" by Connolly referred to earlier in the thread and I think it's unlikely that the ref's going to give a penalty when the play had already been stopped for a foul outside the box. Fannies.

Anyhoo, great performance from United tonight. ICT very lucky to hang on for a draw after contributing the square root of f**k all to the game. I had United the better team first half, albeit without creating too much. Second half utterly dominant and ICT were run ragged.

Shocking performance from Murray. No argument with the red card (assuming Szromnik touched Marley Watkins) but thereafter he was blowing up all over the shop. Handing out yellow cards like confetti then turning a blind eye to more serious fouls when it didn't suit whatever twisted narrative was playing out in his brain.

Took this in as a slightly biased neutral from the away end.

Thought Inverness were very good first half and should have put the game away. Second half they were utter shite and resorted to hoofing at Marley Watkins who Fojut dominated in the 2nd.

Was a pretty tasty game. Said to my mate after about 15 minutes that there would be another red card.

The boy Ryan Christie looks an excellent prospect for Inverness - was best player on the park until he tired. The boy Muirhead looked decent for United when he come on too.

Just one last thing - the decision to flag the Inverness boy offside with a couple minutes to go when he was through on goal was a shocker.

Fair result.

Took this in as a slightly biased neutral from the away end.

Thought Inverness were very good first half and should have put the game away. Second half they were utter shite and resorted to hoofing at Marley Watkins who Fojut dominated in the 2nd.

Was a pretty tasty game. Said to my mate after about 15 minutes that there would be another red card.

The boy Ryan Christie looks an excellent prospect for Inverness - was best player on the park until he tired. The boy Muirhead looked decent for United when he come on too.

Just one last thing - the decision to flag the Inverness boy offside with a couple minutes to go when he was through on goal was a shocker.

Fair result.

Aye, liked the look of Muirhead. Pace and height, should offer us something different up front.

Cheers for your fiver tonight, hopefully the club put it towards fixing the dodgy telly in the George Fox.

More than happy to stick by dropping Rado. Szromnik not to blame for McGowan and Fojut completely exposing him.

I think Rado is a better keeper than szromnik but he was making massive blunders in every game and needed taken out of the spotlight.

Archived