Dundee United v Inverness Caley Thistle

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't show what Warren does but you'd think Ciftci has to be punished for his part in the incident. Or does the fact that he booked at the time preclude that from happening?

Depends what he was booked for. I suspect it was for the pissing and moaning after the incident rather than for the gentle nudge in Warren's back.

suspicious.gif

I'll ask again: was there really no added time?

Judging by the BBC report there was 3 added minutes, but it definitely wasn't indicated at any point inside the ground.

That ciftci shove in the first half! :D

Threw a defender into another defender leaving Dow to run in.

Refs performance gets worse the more I remember.

:lol: Forgot about that myself.

No idea how he got away with that.

Doesn't show what Warren does but you'd think Ciftci has to be punished for his part in the incident. Or does the fact that he booked at the time preclude that from happening?

I think Warren has been sent off for the lazy elbow swing to Ciftcis chest before Ciftci forearm smashes him. To be honest I'm not convinced having seen that the ref has called this right at all. Ciftci should have been off for that. this is assuming Warren hasn't retaliated after Ciftci's assault.

What is the deal wih retrospective punishment now if the ref has booked him for his part in the challenge asd opposed to maybe dissent.

I think Warren has been sent off for the lazy elbow swing to Ciftcis chest before Ciftci forearm smashes him. To be honest I'm not convinced ihaving seen that the ref has called this right at all. Ciftci should have been off for that. this is assuming Warren hasn't retaliated after Ciftci's assault.

What is the deal wih retrospective punishment now if the ref has booked him for his part in the challenge asd opposed to maybe dissent.

Really? I'm not sure I can see anything there that deserves a red card for either player.

Really? I'm not sure I can see anything there that deserves a red card for either player.

It looks quite clear from the highlights that Ciftci smashes Warren in the back of the head with his forearm / elbow hard enough to send him to the deck. You can even see that he was annoyed by the elbow to the chest and makes a beeline for Warren. I think you are maybe being a wee bit biased tbh.

I won't be surprised if nothing comes of it but equally I don' think their could be too many complaints if action is taken.

If Warren has gone for the head to head and then pushed him with his napper then he absolutely deserves his red. The reason I thought it might be the elbow (which you could maybe just about make a case for a red if you wanted to be a stickler for the rules anyway) is that while it was all going off Ciftci was giving the elbow gesture to a Caley player he was having a polite discussion with.

"Smashes" is such an emotive description. I think it might be better if we all used a more neutral expression for the action. I personally favour "makes contact" but will also accept "nudges", "bumps" or "caresses".

In the interests of fairness it's also worth pointing out that it appeared that a lot of the ICT players had imbibed generous quantities of *Rohypnol® at half time so it may be unwise to speculate as to precisely why Warren threw himself theatrically to the ground after being caressed by Ciftci.

*Other date rape drugs are available.

"Smashes" is such an emotive description. I think it might be better if we all used a more neutral expression for the action. I personally favour "makes contact" but will also accept "nudges", "bumps" or "caresses".

In the interests of fairness it's also worth pointing out that it appeared that a lot of the ICT players had imbibed generous quantities of *Rohypnol® at half time so it may be unwise to speculate as to precisely why Warren threw himself theatrically to the ground after being caressed by Ciftci.

Certainly Ryan Esson was popping pills and glugging water like a madman second half! His dealer kept running to the goal past the Utd fans to keep him topped up.

I'm pretty sure he saved a Dow chance with his jaw at one point......

If Ciftci caressed me I just wouldn't be responsible for my actions. Ugly big barsteward.

Certainly Ryan Esson was popping pills and glugging water like a madman second half! His dealer kept running to the goal past the Utd fans to keep him topped up.

I'm pretty sure he saved a Dow chance with his jaw at one point......

Gzt6XmL.gif

So anyway, that DAB cunt was clean through so I made myself big box, small box, big box ...

Nearly 24 hours on and two issues remain. How is it possible to be relieved to see Rado entering the pitch and how did Marley Watkins manage to avoid a red card for that stamp?

Stamp is such an emotive word. I prefer "clumsy foot placement" or "top of the foot massage"

In all seriousness though it was a booking. Nothing more.

You can't really ask for a better start to a match than going a goal and a man up in the first ten minutes. The decision looked perfectly justified to me, Watkins was clearly through and was taken down. Tansey converted the penalty well. At that point I mentioned that we should be confident about getting three points. Hughes has emphasised dominated possession and that should, in theory, be easier against a team down to ten men. We also had a quick player in Watkins up front and with United having to push for an equaliser he could get opportunities. Things didn't exactly turn out like that though - I think we got the better of the first half and had two excellent goalscoring opportunities, one when Watkins was through on goal and another when Warren (I think) headed over from a corner. Despite this, I wasn't pleased with our display - our passing in midfield was off and we rarely managed to put together two or three passes without giving the ball away, often just directly to an opponent under no pressure. Ryan Esson's distribution was also suspect - he seemed to launch everything right through to the United keeper or try and hit Watkins but the majority of the time the ball came straight back, putting us under more pressure.

When the second half began United seemed to step up a gear while we slipped back. We once again were extremely poor with our distrubtion and gave the ball away more than I've seen us do this season. Without the outlets from the midfield we reverted to hitting Watkins long, a tactic that didn't really work. Watkins has been successsful getting in behind defences and he couldn't do that last night, although he tried his best. It was only really after United equalised that we began to play a bit better, creating a few chances with some passing moves. We also seemed to be hugely narrow, rarely using Shinnie or Raven. The fact that both were booked and probably didn't want to get caught out of position and be forced into a foul probably contributed to that but we did look blunt.

I haven't watched the highlights so can't really comment on the Warren red card but I though the refereeing was poor - Murray threw cards around but clearly shat out of dismissing Raven who should've gone early in the second half. No idea what went on at the end, will have to watch the replay. The whole game seemed played in a niggly way, United and Caley clearly don't rub well together at the moment - the games fromlsat season (the league cup rammy, Foran's tackle on GMS) perhaps have stoked a rivalry.

A good crowd was in for the £5 football and I thought our support was good for a midweek away day.

Archived