Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

8 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Ted's shock at being charged was a massively awful piece of writing. He's been wild at the old coppering and is somehow shocked he is being fingered for it. Piss poor.

I thought it was more at the charge that was being levelled against him, and the severity of his situation, but maybe I got the scene wrong.

edit:

there's little moments in the show that throw me right off balance. The wee scene with Kate going back to her partners late at night and him being pissed off - what's she up to...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

7 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:
9 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:
We should have a sweep on who H is.
My money is on Gill.
Age-Before-Beauty-Polly-Walker-630x400.jpg.5b05fc781b204ec658b49f8e38f823a4.jpg

It'd be an absolute cheap shot for it to be a hereto unknown character so surely it's someone we know. Gill would be an obvious choice. Too obvious though?

I have a feeling it's a woman. Gill is all woman. She's all the woman a man can ever need:wub:

Last week set the bar so high, so hoping tonight was the calm before the storm of next week. Actually thought it was quite hard to follow and rushed at times. Will maybe need to give it a second watch. 
Carmichael was good but it's like trying to fill the boots of Pele being the guest star after Stephen Graham. 

This was my feeling. Wasn’t really feeling that episode.

2 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:
4 minutes ago, Rugster said:
Kate is the baddie. 

My gf is convinced this is the case. I don't see it but can see her dying in the next episode. Just a feeling.

I’ve never liked the cow. She’s a wrong un

edit. Kate, not your gf

Edited by Rugster
Clerrrificashun

1 minute ago, pittsburgh phil said:
3 minutes ago, Rugster said:
Kate is the baddie. 

My gf is convinced this is the case. I don't see it but can see her dying in the next episode. Just a feeling.

that would actually make a bit more sense with them having that little scene of her coming home to her pissed off partner - adds to the tragedy if she cops it

Spoiler

in the Line of Duty

and there's a funeral scene with the partner and her kid there.

there's no way I'm buying that Hastings only went to see that guy in prison to ask for information - doesn't make any sense to me. He'd not have to go down himself, and could have got Steve or Kate to do it. edit: and Lisa was very clear that the tip-off came from the prison.

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

there's no way I'm buying that Hastings only went to see that guy in prison to ask for information - doesn't make any sense to me. He'd not have to go down himself, and could have got Steve or Kate to do it. edit: and Lisa was very clear that the tip-off came from the prison.

Yes and Fairbanks amongst others is in that prison and he still has links to corrupt cops and politicians. 

29 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Ted's shock at being charged was a massively awful piece of writing. He's been wild at the old coppering and is somehow shocked he is being fingered for it. Piss poor.

playing his part i reckon - he's stringing everyone along in order to out the real top man, acting suitably dumbfounded at getting his collar felt and his ongoing general stupidity is all part of the act

also - interesting speculation elsewhere that lisa mcqueen is the lovechild from jackie laverty and tony gate's university fling, and she's got herself involved with the OCG to get revenge on those responsible for her parent's deaths; possible that she was bought up in care as some paperwork that surfaced earlier in this series noted that she'd had involvement with social services; think that's maybe that's a bit of a reach, though...

9 hours ago, Rugster said:

Kate is the baddie. 

I think there's some traction in this.  Remember after Hargreaves got shot, Torbett said he aimed low so he wouldn't die.  Kate bent down to "check him" after he got shot and then he bled out? She nicked a wee artery, I reckon.

Edited by Fide

11 minutes ago, Fide said:

I think there's some traction in this.  Remember after Hargreaves got shot, Torbett said he aimed low so he wouldn't die.  Kate bent down to "check him" after he got shot and then he bled out? She nicked a wee artery, I reckon.

Exactly though I thought that would show up in a post mortem but yes she was up to something with him. Mind as well she’s the whole source of this H thing. No one heard dot say anything she went through the alphabet and stopped at H. Rewatched the clip last night and it looks suspicious 

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

Exactly though I thought that would show up in a post mortem but yes she was up to something with him. Mind as well she’s the whole source of this H thing. No one heard dot say anything she went through the alphabet and stopped at H. Rewatched the clip last night and it looks suspicious 

ooohhhh shit. I'm going to need to rewatch that bit now. edit: damn, having to rewatch quality tv. what a real tragedy.

is she doing all this to climb up the ladder? When was it she got spurned for that promotion again?