The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think there's only a couple countries in NATO that meet their obligations.

And on the non-financial front, the war in Afghanistan kind of showed what the alliance is worth to us. We were attacked and it was basically the UK and Canada who pulled their weight in the war, stupidly run as it may have been.

Afghanistan attacked America? ? Here was me thinking it was mostly Saudis....

3 hours ago, milhouse said:

What an abject failure from Hillary Clinton to lose to this guy. What a dreadful, dreadful candidate.

This BBC coverage is just hours of gnashing of teeth, is any channel a bit more insightful and worth watching?

I think you'll need to wait and buy next week's New Statesman and Spectator.  Take alternative words from each magazine's leader columns.

2 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

I think there's only a couple countries in NATO that meet their obligations.

And on the non-financial front, the war in Afghanistan kind of showed what the alliance is worth to us. We were attacked and it was basically the UK and Canada who pulled their weight in the war, stupidly run as it may have been.

You should have asked NATO to help you invade Saudi then you absolute melt.

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

It does look like Clinton will probably edge the popular vote, if her supporters are looking for straws to clutch at. Over 3 million of an advantage solely from New York/California though, so I wouldn't read too much into it rather than a footnote.

It does mean the Republicans have won the popular vote just once since 1988 though, which is quite staggering. 

If we used the popular vote Rrpublicans wouldn't ignore California and New York. Democrats wouldn't ignore Texas.

The difference in campaigning would probably change the results a few % one way or the other.

If we used the popular vote Rrpublicans wouldn't ignore California and New York. Democrats wouldn't ignore Texas.

The difference in campaigning would probably change the results a few % one way or the other.

Nonsense. The whole battleground pish would be done away with.

3 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

They certainly wouldn't fanny about in places like New Hampshire and Maine.

It's annoying how so many people seem to be making this a gender thing

Clinton lost because she was a dislikeable person, like trump, and the very definition of a career politician. Nobody could get enthused about her, she was the boring school headteacher that never inspired. She never lost because she was a woman.

7 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

In a few years Texas will come into play for the democrats with the increased Hispanic population. Soon it will be very very hard for the republicans to win the White House without a Hispanic candidate imo.

10 minutes ago, The DA said:

I think you'll need to wait and buy next week's New Statesman and Spectator.  Take alternative words from each magazine's leader columns.

That might not be a bad idea - then read Private Eye

3 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

In a few years Texas will come into play for the democrats with the increased Hispanic population. Soon it will be very very hard for the republicans to win the White House without a Hispanic candidate imo.

That will be the case if we keep our current immigration laws. If we stop large scale Hispanic immigration I think it's just as likely that a good chunk of Hispanics will drift towards the Republican Party as they Anglicize.

6 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Apparently it was white male radicalization that won it. Throwing out just about any excuse at this point

Cw1ZJhVVIAE3wM_.jpg

I haven't been included in the e-mails listings...

Archived