The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Obama has been an absolute failure as President.  I really thought his election to the position would make a difference.

He made the mistake of trying for cross party consensus during his first two years when the Democrats ran Congress, then the Republicans took over and blocked everything he tried to do.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a genuine question, H-Dogg. [emoji20]

I would've much preferred Bernie as the main candidate.

It's a good Q, Q-Dogg. I'm not sure Sanders would take it. It'd kill his personal political ambitions.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

It's a good Q, Q-Dogg. I'm not sure Sanders would take it. It'd kill his personal political ambitions.

:P Is there much chance of him running as an Independent or is that dead in the water?

[emoji14] Is there much chance of him running as an Independent or is that dead in the water?

See above. That'd kill his personal ambitions too. I'd suggest he'll stand aside for another run in 4 years.

Maybe the expectations were high but I'm not judging him against these rather I'm judging him by his record.  What has he done that is noteworthy?  Obamacare may survive in a lesser form if Clinton wins; take that out of the equation and he's done nothing.

What's particularly sad is that issues facing African Americans have not improved during his tenure.  From voter registration through to victimisation by the police it's virtually where it was when he assumed office.

Tbf that probably shows up the flaws in the us political structure rather than flaws in Obama 's presidency.

2 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Tbf that probably shows up the flaws in the us political structure rather than flaws in Obama 's presidency.

That's only true up to a point.  welshbairn was correct; he didn't take his opportunities when the Democrats had control of Congress and paid the price.

Any President who fails to understand that the House and senate can change hands mid term and that restrictions could apply and doesn't take account of that is doing a poor job.

See above. That'd kill his personal ambitions too. I'd suggest he'll stand aside for another run in 4 years.

Not sure he can stand against her given his spiel yesterday.

Looks like he's concentrating on swapping an endorsement and a picture to try and exert some influence on her presidency.

21 hours ago, dogmc said:

I'd agree with this.  A first term president is usually relatively restrained in his first term in office.  If the mid terms go badly, then the second term is also a bit of a damp squib.  If the Democrats had put up a better showing nationwide, it's fair to say Obama's domestic policy would have been much more radical.

His foreign policy reform has been much softer, much lower profile, and much more effective.

On 12/07/2016 at 19:17, Savage Henry said:

I doubt he'll ever have another shot at President, if he's offered VP he surely has to go for it. Though I expect Clinton will go for someone in the centre ground to ensure all the Republicans turned off by Trump turn out for her rather than being put off by Sanders.

10 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Good to see Trumps advisors are on the ball,one of his military ones has called on the Ayatollah Khomeini to denounce the Nice attack

Khomeini more times will they make that mistake?

Sorry.  :(

Archived