Brechin City v Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part-time team in mid-week game gets better as game goes on against full-timers. Can't whack it.

Everything that should be an advantage of being full time at this level is what we are weak at.

Set pieces, seeing out games, tactics, being streetwise, knowing the opposition.

It's been the same since JJ and now we train twice as hard apparently?

Absolutely inexcusable. What a total waste of cash. A real shame that fans are throwing this money down the drain effectively for full time wasters.

It's a little silly getting yourself into a state after a result like tonight. Pretty much everyone bar the most deluded recognises we're shite and our season is pretty much over, we're not going to reverse that instantly , small steps to recovery are a positive, not a negative.

It's a little silly getting yourself into a state after a result like tonight. Pretty much everyone bar the most deluded recognises we're shite and our season is pretty much over, we're not going to reverse that instantly , small steps to recovery are a positive, not a negative.

That was not a 'small step to recovery', Brechin were just shite enough not to score a second. At least 4 teams would have taken 5 off us today if they wanted.

The .net posters are something else.

Talk about how this was a must win match (even though to the rational fan the season was already over after our last game against Brechin) and yet we don't win and they instead celebrate like we've just got a point away to Celtic.

CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

How the hell have nt we won that game ? What a chances 2nd half ! Cracking finish from Falkingham might have knocked stuffing out of us ! But I was shocked that's all Pars done? Paterson must ve kicked ball over hedge 5 or 6 times , Ryan Fergusons looking better again after a run in the team and Bobbys been superb all season ! On another night Thommo would ve had 4 or 5 ! Defo another 2 points dropped but not for lack of effort ! Every player turned in a performance worthy of 3 points .....Well played tonight City and good luck to Pars rest of season hopefully you ll do us a few favours in remaining games !!

Looks like Brechin are feeling the effects of having so many games in a short period of time, long may it continue :P

Na na min we finished the stronger team just could not put ball in the poke ! Not too unsimilar to our recent game against you guys when we had yous hemmed in last 15 mins ! We ve a hard game on Sat now though against Airdrie! See how that one goes

How we didn't win that I'll never know .

First half Dunfermline looked a wee bit like a football team but obviously their full time training shone through in the end as they struggled to hang on in the second half .

Pabs McLean again played the perfect captain's role and led by example. His reading of the game and timing of tackles is superb, coupled with his newly found appetite for goals .

Bobby Barr makes all the difference and is always a threat. His tireless running was sorely missed on Saturday. Just a pity the finishing didn't match the lead up play.

Quite happy to keep the unbeaten run going but in all honesty it feels a bit like a defeat as Dunfermline were there for the taking. Their persistence to try and lose the balls in the neighbouring graveyard sums up their approach to the game. It was get rid of it at all costs throughout the night, which really took the momentum out of any Brechin attack.

On to Saturday now though . I'm sure that will be a tougher test.

Fairly tight first half that we maybe just had the better of, although neither side was impressive. Decent strike for the goal but apart from that not much really happened and we didn't seem in too much danger. Brechin really improved in the second half though, and had a good spell after their goal where we struggled, before the game died again towards the end. The bad was that we didn't play that well (again) while positives are that we managed to to get through a tough spell without losing a second goal, and managed to get a point out of a hard game.

I do love away games at Brechin though. I've enjoyed a chat and a laugh with some Brechin fans at each of the three games this year and last and I particularly like being able to walk right round the ground. Probably my favourite away ground anywhere at the moment.

Brechin were the only team to try and play tonight. We were aweful and looked to lump it forward at every opportunity. The players looked lost yet again not knowing where their team mates were supposed to be, the opposite of Brechin and nearly every other team in the league. I genuinely think Potter has lost that dressing room. There is talk that he doesn't tell the players how they are setting up until an hour before kick off. If that's the case then what the hell is the point in being full time? I thought the main advantage of being full time was the extra time you had during the week to work on playing together as a team. Its getting embarrassing for Potter now.

Im beginning to think that he is another case of a player who can coach but isn't actually very bright so is unable to grasp tactics. Ive not seen any post match comments yet but I can tell you what they are now. He'll chirp on about how we were unlucky and it has nothing to do with him.

Archived