Brechin City v Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we did fairly well in the game last week, until Brechin scored. Certainly not much between the teams. Obviously results suggest a comfortable home win but I'd be surprised if there was more than one goal in it & I'm not quite sure why but I think we might sneak this 2-1.

I can't understand why the bookies have Brechin priced at 6/5? Do they not pay much attention to form and league tables in the lower leagues :lol:

Doesn't look like it. Take it while the going's good. They will soon lower the odds when half of Scotland cotton on to it !!!! :P

Not having any of this "how much will Brechin win by" nonsense. Yes we are on an excellent run of form but we must remember that we have been grinding out results as opposed to blowing teams away. We have relied heavily on hard graft and some very good defending to get us this far. Dunfermline are struggling yes, however this will be the 4th match in the space of 11 days and this is the time of season where the difference between full time and part time can show.

I'm expecting a tough game tomorrow. A win for Brechin will almost certainly put the playoffs beyond Dunfermline barring a collapse from any of the teams currently occupying the top 4. It really is a must win for the Pars so I'm a bit apprehensive.

Good news for us is that Bobby Barr will be fresh after missing Saturday due to family commitments. Thought we missed his creative spark against Stenny.

Your advantage is that JP has this system of at least 5 changes per game and always dump the best players from the previous game.Admittedly I have grabbed the 2-1 for us against you but I am an idiot lol.

Not having any of this "how much will Brechin win by" nonsense. Yes we are on an excellent run of form but we must remember that we have been grinding out results as opposed to blowing teams away. We have relied heavily on hard graft and some very good defending to get us this far. Dunfermline are struggling yes, however this will be the 4th match in the space of 11 days and this is the time of season where the difference between full time and part time can show.

I'm expecting a tough game tomorrow. A win for Brechin will almost certainly put the playoffs beyond Dunfermline barring a collapse from any of the teams currently occupying the top 4. It really is a must win for the Pars so I'm a bit apprehensive.

Good news for us is that Bobby Barr will be fresh after missing Saturday due to family commitments. Thought we missed his creative spark against Stenny.

Don't worry about being part time it has been the part timers turning us over all season. I can now see some of the Pars fans voicing concerns with their feet by staying away from East End Park because our dedication and efforts not being matched on the pitch. Not sure if it's a coincidence but looking at the stats Pars players picking up very few bookings compared to the opposition players suggesting they are simply " not getting stuck in " . Obviously don't want to see red cards like Buchanan last week but a bit of backbone and fight is the least we can expect.

Don't hold out much hope for tonight but still going . Looking forward , not been to Brechin in a few years and always enjoyed it there.

Not sure if it's a coincidence but looking at the stats Pars players picking up very few bookings compared to the opposition players suggesting they are simply " not getting stuck in " . Obviously don't want to see red cards like Buchanan last week but a bit of backbone and fight is the least we can expect.

Lol wut?

You are aware that it's possible to get "stuck in" without being dirty b*****ds, right? Surely you are?

Would you rather see us get 3 sent off every week like the hammer-throwing thugs at Peterhead?

There are a lot of complaints to be made about Dunfermline on the pitch but to say that a lack of bookings is concerning is absolute nonsense.

Archived