Brechin City v Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The .net posters are something else.

Talk about how this was a must win match (even though to the rational fan the season was already over after our last game against Brechin) and yet we don't win and they instead celebrate like we've just got a point away to Celtic.

CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

It's like something out of North Korea. They just say what admin want them to say incase they get banned.

The exact behaviour that hid Masterton for years.

Is a 13 point lead over Stenny enough for us not to be worried about the playoffs?

Should be enough.

We seem to be able to only win our games against the really shite teams. Thanks to Ayr, Stenny and Stirling's ineptitude we should be safe. Nothing to with us being good enough to avoid relegation, it really is due to other teams being worse than us, somehow.

Everything's so apathetic at the moment we haven't even got post-match reaction from the game over 24 hours later. Unless I've gone mental and just can't see it on the OS of course.

No report I can see, but pars TV do have an interview with JP on the highlights tab

Given the way the second half went, was happy to take a point tbh. In isolation, a point there is a good result but in context of our league position, it isn't.

I thought after the goal we contained Brechin pretty well but we didn't build on it and create many chances ourselves - their goalie hardly had a save to make. We couldn't deal with their set-pieces in the second half and it was no surprise that 1) they scored and 2) it was from a free-kick. We were fortunate when they hit the bar and we were hanging on after the equaliser for the most part. We didn't offer anything really in the final third and JP must play two wide men on Saturday IMO.

I was impressed with Brechin again - they're a tidy side and in Barr they have an excellent player. Caused us no end of problems as did Thomson up front.

Given the performance, a point was a good result but draws are no good to us now.

Archived