Scotland Squad for N.Ireland and Gibraltar

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all because I am a fickle c**t like everyone else.

it still doesnt make it right.

What is the purpose of international football? Why was it created in the first place?

International football is to see which Country is the best or more apt, which nations passport holders are the best at it. In the past you could play competative international football for more than 1 nation.

Whatever you think international football was for I bet is wrong.

As for its creation, so we could see who was better, England or Scotland

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gordon-strachan-asked-bournemouth-star-5346027

"THE first question Gordon Strachan asked Matt Ritchie was: “Are you 
Scottish?”

“Do you feel Scottish?” was the follow-up to the Bournemouth winger.

Ritchie, born in Gosport – almost as far away from Scotland as you can get without being French – answered ‘yes’ to both questions without hesitation.

And his reward is a place in Strachan’s squad for the forthcoming double-header against Northern Ireland and Gibraltar.

Others haven’t been so lucky. Those who hesitated, hummed and hawed, weren’t given the chance to make a decision."

Jesus feck not on here too. The guys half scottish and says so himself! Obviously he said he feels English to!!!!!!! He's DUAL NATIONALITY what's so fucking difficult?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gordon-strachan-asked-bournemouth-star-5346027

"THE first question Gordon Strachan asked Matt Ritchie was: “Are you 
Scottish?”

“Do you feel Scottish?” was the follow-up to the Bournemouth winger.

Ritchie, born in Gosport – almost as far away from Scotland as you can get without being French – answered ‘yes’ to both questions without hesitation.

And his reward is a place in Strachan’s squad for the forthcoming double-header against Northern Ireland and Gibraltar.

Others haven’t been so lucky. Those who hesitated, hummed and hawed, weren’t given the chance to make a decision."

Jesus feck not on here too. The guys half scottish and says so himself! Obviously he said he feels English to!!!!!!! He's DUAL NATIONALITY what's so fucking difficult?

The resident Nazi won't be too pleased at this development.

I kind of agree with what RobbieD says in a way. It shouldn't be a stupid thing to say, but it was because of some of the zoomers that follow Scotland. I honestly believe there will be some that will refuse to celebrate should Ritchie score a crucial goal, and just go back to their shortbread tins.

For me though, I absolutely don't care who plays for us, as long as they play to the best of their ability. The grandparent rule may be archaic, but nowhere near as archaic as the notion of player loyalty. There's more in international football, as there are players who genuinely feel it's an honour to represent their country, but a lot don't really care in a patriotic way. That's fair enough, as long as they play as well as they can for Scotland.

Kinda hope to see some pictures of Ritchie in an England top, England flag painted on the face, 3 Lions as his ringtone etc... So we can see some heads explode

David Wilson who was their assistant under the former manager. Born in Kilwinning apparently

Does he consider himself as Scottish? That's the big question in Gibraltar

Guest DAVIDB69

I still feel Strachan is very reluctant to blood new players, only vogts was ever brave enough to do this. What we have is squad packed with players who have many failed campaigns under their belts and a pretty goals light squad.

Those who are two old for u21s armstrong, gms, griffiths etc progress is usually stalled as there is no progression into the full side.

This is usually hampered by the Englishman of the month squad policy that levein introduced and strachan carried on

In fairness, it's not helped by FIFA's moronic stance that friendlies should count towards your ranking. If Scotland play a few kids, fail to beat Northern Ireland, and get a more difficult World Cup group as a result, Strachan will get stick.

Archived