Scotland Squad for N.Ireland and Gibraltar

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone say England B Team? Hahaha... Pathetic, isn't it? Constantly dipping into the English second division for players whose Gran once went on a day trip to the Highlands.

And people angry that Ritchie considers himself English? Hahaha. What did you expect? He's English. Probably grew up wanting to play for England, cheering on England at World Cups, wearing England shirts. Gets to 25, realise he'll never play for England... then gets a call from GS.

SSSHHHHH!! ... They don't like the truth in here if it might be construed as slightly offensive, intolerant or unwelcoming.

Racist bnp fascist homophobe!

Can someone say England B Team? Hahaha... Pathetic, isn't it? Constantly dipping into the English second division for players whose Gran once went on a day trip to the Highlands.

And people angry that Ritchie considers himself English? Hahaha. What did you expect? He's English. Probably grew up wanting to play for England, cheering on England at World Cups, wearing England shirts. Gets to 25, realise he'll never play for England... then gets a call from GS.

Well no really, cause it's his dad that is Scottish. SFA just published this story;

Matt Ritchie says his family were ‘over the moon’ when he told them he’d been called into the Scotland squad for the games against Northern Ireland and Gibraltar.

The Bournemouth midfielder - who was born in Gosport - qualifies for the national team through his Edinburgh-born father, Alex.

Speaking to the Scottish FA, Ritchie described the call-up to Gordon Strachan’s national team as an honour: “I’m delighted. It’s a proud moment for both me and my family. I can’t wait to join up with the squad next week.

“My Dad is over the moon. Hopefully he’ll be able to come to the games and watch me if I’m involved.”

The 25-year-old has been a stand-out performer for Bournemouth this season scoring 11 goals from 35 games, form which has helped propel his side to the top of the English Championship and caught the eye of Gordon Strachan.Ritchie said: “The (Scotland) manager gave me a call and mentioned that I was in his thoughts. He just told me to concentrate on my form and thankfully I’ve been able to do that.”

How dare he say it's a proud honour to represent our country when it's only his da that was born here and no his maw too, disgraceful IMO

On Don Hutchison.

I asked him on Twitter once about all this. He told me over a few tweets that Scotland was always the only option. He said he was brought up wearing Scotland tops amongst his English pals and whilst he considers himself a Geordie, he's a Scottish one.

SSSHHHHH!! ... They don't like the truth in here if it might be construed as slightly offensive, intolerant or unwelcoming.

Racist bnp fascist homophobe!

Or people don't accept bull**** from posters

For example, tell me how naming 26 man squad with 20 Scottish Born players, 4 with parents born in Scotland, 1 with a Scottish Grandparent and 1 who qualifies through residency is an England B team. Go on....

The roaster seethe would hilarious if he scored.

Presumably the same c***s that were seething about James Morrison playing for Scotland.

Scotland-v-England.jpg

Don't get many moans about James Morrison any more, I wonder why that is? Absolute goons. I couldn't care less if half our team spent the summer training with Isis if we win and go to France.

Presumably the same c***s that were seething about James Morrison playing for Scotland.

Scotland-v-England.jpg

Don't get many moans about James Morrison any more, I wonder why that is? Absolute goons. I couldn't care less if half our team spent the summer training with Isis if we win and go to France.

This.

Morrison is quality.

End of.

How can people doubt Matt Ritchie's credentials?

He comfortably fits within dryhorces selection criteria.

Be interesting to see if he and Rhodes get some game time.

Do people really care that Matt Ritchie said he's both English and Scottish? Presumably he's have chosen England if he was good enough, but as he isn't who knows what he'd have done in that scenario? He has dual nationality, qualifies to play for us, is good enough to play for us, and most importantly, unlike some of the English born players we've asked to play (Gabby Agbonlahor, Kevin Davies), he actually wants to represent our country. People can say he's only doing it to further his club career or so he can demand higher wages, but who cares? Whatever his motivation, as long as he gives everything he has when he plays for Scotland then I'll be happy.

Archived