Scotland Squad for N.Ireland and Gibraltar

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is eligible to play for Scotland though, and has already been in the papers saying he'd love a call up.

He's overrated though.

I wouldn't call up Mark Reynolds either at the moment, he's had a really poor season. Aberdeen's defence has been talked up because they went so many games without conceding, but it really is nowhere as strong as you might think.

If any Aberdeen defender deserves a call-up it's Andrew Considine. Funnily enough, I think his testimonial is the weekend of the Gibraltar game.

What celtic players are you backing?

Gauld starting? why? the wee guy has hardly kicked a ball all season. Hes so far down the pecking order right now.

Also andy considine has been outstanding for Aberdeen and if Reynolds is getting a call then he surely must be on the radar.

He's better than Gordon Greer without a doubt and Christophe Berra who I saw get ripped apart by Norwich and Leeds recently.

People rave about Dundee utd players scoring on the odd week and ryan gauld scoring two goals all season for sporting Lisbon but 3 out the second best back 4 in Scotland and the back 4 with the most clean sheets in the country are being over looked.

To make a point though that Martin and Hanley are first choice with out a doubt. The boy Murray Wallace at Huddersfield who I went to school with must be looked at as well. Liam Cooper at leeds as well. Two up and coming centre backs would be perfect to try them out in the northern Ireland game.

Gauld starting? why? the wee guy has hardly kicked a ball all season. Hes so far down the pecking order right now.

Also andy considine has been outstanding for Aberdeen and if Reynolds is getting a call then he surely must be on the radar.

He's better than Gordon Greer without a doubt and Christophe Berra who I saw get ripped apart by Norwich and Leeds recently.

People rave about Dundee utd players scoring on the odd week and ryan gauld scoring two goals all season for sporting Lisbon but 3 out the second best back 4 in Scotland and the back 4 with the most clean sheets in the country are being over looked.

As already pointed out Gauld has been playing regularly this season, 20 times for the B team in Portugal's second tier, and 5 times for Sporting. I wouldn't have him starting, but I'd certainly have him involved. He looks like he's going to have a big future with us, and he has already been doing the business on the park at a decent enough level, and especially when he has broken into the first team.

The problem with bigging up players like Reynolds and Considine at the expense of players like Greer and Berra is how shockingly average the SPFL Premieship can be when compared to even the Championship in England. That's not to say that there isn't top performers in Scotland that aren't better than many players down there, but how often do centre backs go down to England and actually make a really good go of it? I can't think of many, Greer and Berra have done better than most, and Reynolds struggled himself down there.

To make a point though that Martin and Hanley are first choice with out a doubt. The boy Murray Wallace at Huddersfield who I went to school with must be looked at as well. Liam Cooper at leeds as well. Two up and coming centre backs would be perfect to try them out in the northern Ireland game.

Did the school you and Murray Wallace went to only have A10 paper?

I thought we have a game against Qatar coming up do we not? That would be ideal, some cannon fodder he can maybe get a goal against. We will surely play one or two friendlies in the summer.

One maybe. Last year Eire and others played 3 or 4 games in June, we just played Nigeria.

I thought we have a game against Qatar coming up do we not? That would be ideal, some cannon fodder he can maybe get a goal against. We will surely play one or two friendlies in the summer.

Is Qatar confirmed?

As already pointed out Gauld has been playing regularly this season, 20 times for the B team in Portugal's second tier, and 5 times for Sporting. I wouldn't have him starting, but I'd certainly have him involved. He looks like he's going to have a big future with us, and he has already been doing the business on the park at a decent enough level, and especially when he has broken into the first team.

The problem with bigging up players like Reynolds and Considine at the expense of players like Greer and Berra is how shockingly average the SPFL Premieship can be when compared to even the Championship in England. That's not to say that there isn't top performers in Scotland that aren't better than many players down there, but how often do centre backs go down to England and actually make a really good go of it? I can't think of many, Greer and Berra have done better than most, and Reynolds struggled himself down there.

Saw Considine have a blinder against Real Sociedad so that proves he can step up to a good level if required. He can be as useful at lb as he is at cb. Greer has never let us down in past and should be called up for rest of this campaign at least.

I really want Gauld to become the star he promises to be, but it makes me cringe a bit when we're rolling out stats like 'he's played 20 times in the second league/b-team'. We can be proud of the fact he's broken into the first team and scored a few goals, but really we want him to cement his place in the top side.

That said, we showed faith in Darren Fletcher when he was 19 and very much a squad utility player with Man U, so I say call him up for this double header.

Also, the Tony Watt idea has grown on me since watching that time-wasting video. Again, it's a bit grim that we're all getting bonk-ons about a striker wasting time in the English second tier, but he shows real character.

I really want Gauld to become the star he promises to be, but it makes me cringe a bit when we're rolling out stats like 'he's played 20 times in the second league/b-team'. We can be proud of the fact he's broken into the first team and scored a few goals, but really we want him to cement his place in the top side.

That said, we showed faith in Darren Fletcher when he was 19 and very much a squad utility player with Man U, so I say call him up for this double header.

Also, the Tony Watt idea has grown on me since watching that time-wasting video. Again, it's a bit grim that we're all getting bonk-ons about a striker wasting time in the English second tier, but he shows real character.

I was only relying to the person saying that he hadn't kicked a ball all season. My point was that he should be match sharp as he has been playing regularly at a decent enough level. I see Gauld for Scotland in the same way as he's been seen at Sporting, primarily a B/u21 player but also the type of player that you want involved in the first team squad when the time is right.

Archived