Vote for Policies, Not Personalities

Hedgecutter

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I did this one the other year. SNP with a smattering of everyone else. Is this the one where a surprising number of people ended up supporting the BNP's alleged transport policy?

Me:

SNP: 80%

Labour: 10%

Scottish Greens: 10%

Glasgow Central (229 surveys):

Scottish Greens: 36.4%

SNP: 29.9%

Liberal Democrats: 13.3%

Labour: 11.4%

UKIP: 4.7%

Conservatives: 4.3%

Started doing this but then decided it was a waste of time. Every SNP policy set has the word Scotland in it and therfore easily manipulated.

Surely you have the ability to ignore the word Scotland and just pick the policy you believe in? The lure of the SNP can't be so strong that you can't bring yourself to pick the actual policy you agree with most?

Surely you have the ability to ignore the word Scotland and just pick the policy you believe in? The lure of the SNP can't be so strong that you can't bring yourself to pick the actual policy you agree with most?

I am an independence supporter, not SNP.

I still don't get the issue. Just pick the policies you agree with.

You can't see why I, as an supporter of independence, am going to favour Scottish issues over British ones?

Is it really that hard to see why I couldn't give a toss about EVEL, HOL etc.

There was a similar thread to this a while back that allowed you to weight your responses. This way allowed me to match my priorities to policies, this one doesn't.

I will continue to vote for the SNP until we either get independence, after this other priorities will dictate the party that I vote for.

You can't see why I, as an supporter of independence, am going to favour Scottish issues over British ones?

Is it really that hard to see why I couldn't give a toss about EVEL, HOL etc.

There was a similar thread to this a while back that allowed you to weight your responses. This way allowed me to match my priorities to policies, this one doesn't.

I will continue to vote for the SNP until we either get independence, after this other priorities will dictate the party that I vote for.

As they asked for your postcode and country, I was unaware that they would ask anyone in Scotland about EVEL. It didn't come up for me in England anyway, although I picked Health, foreign policy, Environment and Welfare as my most important issues.

If independence is the only thing that matters to you and you couldn't give a shit about any other policy, then I suppose it is a bit of a waste of time doing it.

As they asked for your postcode and country, I was unaware that they would ask anyone in Scotland about EVEL. It didn't come up for me in England anyway, although I picked Health, foreign policy, Environment and Welfare as my most important issues.

If independence is the only thing that matters to you and you couldn't give a shit about any other policy, then I suppose it is a bit of a waste of time doing it.

It's not that I don't give a shit about other policies. Just less so than independence. ;).

It asked me for my country but didn't ask me for my postcode (maybe Scotland is just one big postcode :lol:)

75% SNP, 25% Lib-Dem.

I'm quarter ashamed, tbh.

Although, I'm guessing the Lib-Dem quotient comes from being in a constituency with a Lib-Dem incumbent. Incidentally, a Lib-Dem incumbent who appears to be on the brink of giving up the ghost and has started to now sob for votes -- an observation based on a cursory reading of his Lib-Dem leaflets, which he hopes to pass off as electioneering, but appear to be a heartfelt sob-story aimed at pensioners, upper-middle-class No voters, and Tories.

:)

Archived