Morton v Forfar Pathetic

Forfar and Brechin have both had a reputation for being run fairly soundly and living within their means. I may be wrong but I seem to recall both clubs have social club type income over and above any regular football income. I could be wrong though and confusing them with another club. Plus of course, Forfar earn money from their plastic pitch.

Forfar have only recently opened a social club and Brechin don't have one, Nick.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are pretty negative about Duffy and some of his players (probably one of the most negative on here ?) Which is fair enough I suppose, but in the absence of Duffy's right of reply on the message board - I'm just giving you his likely response.

Why? Why is it important to you that a professional manager with a full-page column in a national newspaper each week, should have a cringeworthy lackey doing his bidding on here? You're impressing absolutely no-one.

The title of this thread says something about the poster. These Angus clubs put out decent sides despite being run on a shoestring budget and are worthy of respect. I would be prouder to support them than some clubs who pretend to be bigger than they are and live beyond their means.

Yes: because rolling out the red carpet for Sevco's fans and Sky TV last season has nothing to do with their ability to put together a reasonably competitive side for this campaign. Spare us then the mewling about wee hard-working clubs.

Why? Why is it important to you that a professional manager with a full-page column in a national newspaper each week, should have a cringeworthy lackey doing his bidding on here? You're impressing absolutely no-one.

:lol: You're funny. Sometimes.

The title of this thread says something about the poster. These Angus clubs put out decent sides despite being run on a shoestring budget and are worthy of respect. I would be prouder to support them than some clubs who pretend to be bigger than they are and live beyond their means.

"Forfar Pathetic". How about you simmer.

Looking at Forfar, with players like Douglas, Dods, Young, Husband, and Swankie, it doesn't seem like the cheapest part time squad ever. Indeed, the squads at Brechin and Forfar are pretty decent for this level. Certainly better than some of the other clubs they might be competing with. To what extent are they really living within their means? We all know that it's not just the full time teams in this league that have been spending being their immediate means.

Not that they don't deserve credit this season. And, not forgetting down the other end of the country, Aitken certainly deserves credit for the progress he's made at Stranraer.

This shouldn't be taken as a defence of the title of this thread btw.

Forfar had 3 home games against Rangers last season. I'm sure some of those were on TV aswell.

Brechin had 2 games and might well have got a tv game as well.

They money they made from these 3k plus gates would have helped them massively

Last year's TV money for Rangers games didn't go directly to the clubs involved, it was spread round all the teams in the 3 lower leagues. The extra policing costs for our 3k games took away most of the extra revenue from these games, so not as much money was made as might have been expected.

We need a draw or better from this or we're out of the title race. Which is clearly an attainable goal with our away form...

Douglas

Travis Malcolm Dunlop Campbell

Husband Young Malin

Kader Hilson Swankie

Campbell/Swankie were doubtful last I heard, if they don't make it then Steeves or Baxter at LB and Denholm in place of the skipper.

A tear-strained post about an unrelated club from a completely different division about the use of a mere pun. I believe the phrase 'back in your box' is applicable here.

Back in your box.

We need a draw or better from this or we're out of the title race. Which is clearly an attainable goal with our away form...

Douglas

Travis Malcolm Dunlop Campbell

Husband Young Malin

Kader Hilson Swankie

Campbell/Swankie were doubtful last I heard, if they don't make it then Steeves or Baxter at LB and Denholm in place of the skipper.

That Travis is a wee fud.

Has Duffy won over Ton fans yet? things seem to be going well at the moment.

He's done a good job since January, before hand it was a different story.

His team selection's are poor and he still doesn't realise how awful McKee and Crighton are.

Signings: acceptable at least

Team Selection: baffling, or just poor

Tactics: non-existent

Touchline presence: embarrassing

Substitutions: previously useless, now becoming more successful (due perhaps to better options post-January transfer window)

Hair: no

In short, he's not doing badly at this stage but there're still plenty of questions to ask of him. Also, happy clappers can still get tae.

Johnny Martins Willy, on 05 Mar 2015 - 17:38, said:

He's not won over me. However, I agree with one of the above assessments that if he should win promotion, then he's earned at least a few months at the next level.

I don't think he'll last longer than that, if he LASTS a few months. Also, with the team we have now, if we don't win the league, he has to go.

We could win every game 5-0 until the end of the season and Duffy would still be derided for his decisions, line-ups and substitutions. Same as Moore, McInally, Irons and basically everyone who has been in charge since Benny Rooney was sacked.

The Cowshed really ought to be in charge IMO.

Yes: because rolling out the red carpet for Sevco's fans and Sky TV last season has nothing to do with their ability to put together a reasonably competitive side for this campaign. Spare us then the mewling about wee hard-working clubs.

Telt

Archived