Morton v Forfar Pathetic

On a high after clinching the top spot and skelping the diddies of the league, this should be another 3 points to the tally.

Really hoping to see Duffy play the three up front but time will tell, starting to see a slight change in his tactical ability, I say slightly very loosely.

As Forfars bottles already crashed, I'm gonna say 2-0 Ton, for a really long, tear-stained drive home.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a high after clinching the top spot and skelping the diddies of the league, this should be another 3 points to the tally.

Really hoping to see Duffy play the three up front but time will tell, starting to see a slight change in his tactical ability, I say slightly very loosely.

As Forfars bottles already crashed, I'm gonna say 2-0 Ton, for a really long, tear-stained drive home.

As much as i'd like to see this happening, it's really not the right tactic to be playing - we simply don't have the midfield capable enough of coping being a man short.

Not the time to start messing about with the formation. Stick to the 4-4-2 where we're unbeaten in 8 using it. The only change I'd make is getting Milojevic out the team, had a dreadful game last night. I lost count of the amount of times he lost his man or didn't follow the runners. Lamie was doing pretty well so I'd like to see him back.

Don't know why McKee started but our midfield is weaker with him in it.

We effectively played 4-2-4 last night as neither McCluskey offers much defensively. Playing 4-3-3 with the three strikers on only works if two of the strikers can track back and play defensively when required and if you have three solid midfielders. Good as they are, I am not sure that Caldwell or McManus tick those boxes and Peaso does not have the legs for it.

I would stick with the 4-4-2 with a midfield diamond and unlike some, I think Tom O'Ware does not a bad job in front of the defence. Forbes and Pepper are the obvious choices in the middle and I personally think wee John Scullion is one of the best at the club playing at the top of a diamond just behind the strikers.

We effectively played 4-2-4 last night as neither McCluskey offers much defensively. Playing 4-3-3 with the three strikers on only works if two of the strikers can track back and play defensively when required and if you have three solid midfielders. Good as they are, I am not sure that Caldwell or McManus tick those boxes and Peaso does not have the legs for it.

I would stick with the 4-4-2 with a midfield diamond and unlike some, I think Tom O'Ware does not a bad job in front of the defence. Forbes and Pepper are the obvious choices in the middle and I personally think wee John Scullion is one of the best at the club playing at the top of a diamond just behind the strikers.

This - in entirety.

Forbes and Pepper all day long, for me.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing Scullion play after a full pre-season under his belt - he needs to shift a bit of weight, but there's definitely talent in there.

Another big game we really have to win, Forfar are on a shaky run of form and have 3 very difficult fixtures coming up so they'll be looking to pick up as many points as they can to stay in the title race. We on the other hand are unbeaten in eight games despite not playing particularly well but we have a strike force that'll cause every defence in this leage problems. C'mon Morton no slip ups after going top.

2-0

What id like to see;

Gaston.

Kilday Lamie Oware Russell.

Jamie Pepper Forbes Stefan.

Caldwell McManus.

What i think we will see.

Gaston.

Kilday Crighton Lamie Russell.

Jamie Oware Forbes Stefan.

Caldwell McManus.

Either way, I fancy us to win comfortably. Forfar don't travel well and we don't let many in at home.

3-0.

Would love to be wrong but think Morton will win comfortably and have backed them minus 1 at 5/2.

If we can win then the title race is back on but should we fail to win its definitely over for us, and possibly for the rest as well.

We need to ensure that we continue to keep up with Stranraer and Brechin while also being wary of those below us.

How do Ton fans feel about Duffy now, has he won you over or do you still want him gone? Does he deserve credit for strengthening in January?

Either way, I fancy us to win comfortably. Forfar don't travel well and we don't let many in at home.

3-0.

We really don't, our away record is only better than Stirling and Stenny in the league. This is as guaranteed a home win as you are likely to see all season imo.

I don't share the optimism of others on this thread. Seen this all too often before.

One game at a time - we are in the position where if we continue to do the business then what others do doesn't matter.

Would love to be wrong but think Morton will win comfortably and have backed them minus 1 at 5/2.

If we can win then the title race is back on but should we fail to win its definitely over for us, and possibly for the rest as well.

We need to ensure that we continue to keep up with Stranraer and Brechin while also being wary of those below us.

How do Ton fans feel about Duffy now, has he won you over or do you still want him gone? Does he deserve credit for strengthening in January?

There was/are a select view who want him out, not all of us!

He deserves credit for only losing 1 in ten. He deserves credit for bringing in McManus, Caldwell, Peaso, Forbes etc. It was a very impressive transfer window.

He still frustrates with team selection.;

Leaving Pepper out the side far too often.

Playing Miller/Oware in midfield as opposed to a natural centre mid.

Signing Miller and not playing him in his natural position.

Playing Crighton when he was/is a complete bombscare.

Playing Lamie at left back for the first half of the season when we had a good natural left back on the bench

Not having a right back for competition for Kilday.

Playing centre midfielders at right and left mid.

He had a clean slate to build a balanced squad but he failed to do that and still hasnt fully addressed it. That's my main grip with him.

I don't think he has ever put out a team that we expected or were happy with but he has got the results and that's all that matters so credit to him.

should we get promoted, I hope he isn't to loyal to certain players and builds a better, more balanced squad.

Not much between the sides in the last encounter. We squandered numerous chances whereas the lad McDonald scored a classy goal to win it. As mentioned our away form in the main has been pretty gash. Would gladly take a point but can't see it.

I don't share the optimism of others on this thread. Seen this all too often before.

One game at a time - we are in the position where if we continue to do the business then what others do doesn't matter.

Agreed AT.

Too many times we've had a "great feeling" and fucking arsed it up.

Lets just get over the finishing line.

Archived