Morton v Forfar Pathetic

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know why people still post what they think the starting XI will be because Duffy almost always makes a ridiculous change that no one sees coming.

T.O.T.L. That's all you need to know, really :rolleyes:

Guest bernardblack

Is it not time Morton choked about now? Or am I a week early?

Anyway. Please......

Douglas

Travis Malcolm Dods Campbell

Husband Young Malin

Kader Hilson Swankie

I've taken Morton as part of my -1 accumulator, not overly worried about it coming in. Forfar's away record is dreadful and despite not playing very well we're taking more points from games now than we have at any other part of the season.

Early goal from a set-piece and picking them off on the break would be lovely, we are going to chuck away points with these sketchy performances at some stage between now and May though. Hopefully we'll do so against clubs out of contention, such as at Airdrie away, rather than handing any of the other top four sides three easy points. Forfar will be out of contention with a defeat on Saturday though.

If you can't be good, be lucky.

or maybe the manager is listening to at least some of the advice he gets from the terracing.

I think the team is looking a wee bit better organised (some of the time), but he seems unwilling to put everyone in their best position.

Difficult to unlearn that,

T.O.T.L. That's all you need to know, really :rolleyes:

If you want to fly back down the divisions again, sure. Duffy wouldn't keep us up if we went up.

That's relevant to the point how?

You are pretty negative about Duffy and some of his players (probably one of the most negative on here ?) Which is fair enough I suppose, but in the absence of Duffy's right of reply on the message board - I'm just giving you his likely response.

If you want to fly back down the divisions again, sure. Duffy wouldn't keep us up if we went up.

Unfortunately I cant argue against that with any conviction, but if he does get us promotion, he's obviously going to get the chance to prove his doubters wrong. I can't argue against that either.

The title of this thread says something about the poster. These Angus clubs put out decent sides despite being run on a shoestring budget and are worthy of respect. I would be prouder to support them than some clubs who pretend to be bigger than they are and live beyond their means.

You are pretty negative about Duffy and some of his players (probably one of the most negative on here ?) Which is fair enough I suppose, but in the absence of Duffy's right of reply on the message board - I'm just giving you his likely response.

Perhaps but the actual point was to do with people predicting starting XIs. You surely can't argue that Duffy rather often makes changes which surprise and baffle most of us. The most recent example being McKee coming back into the centre of midfield with Forbes being pushed out wide.

The title of this thread says something about the poster. These Angus clubs put out decent sides despite being run on a shoestring budget and are worthy of respect. I would be prouder to support them than some clubs who pretend to be bigger than they are and live beyond their means.

Migawd, that's WAY too reasoned and sensible a post for on here. You sure you're on the right messageboard? ^_^

Thank you Mr. Berk. I would have preferred you saying that Angus clubs were run on a responsible, manageable budget, rather than a shoestring one, however I agree with your post. If the "bigger clubs" want to live beyond their means, that is a decision for them alone to take. But the consequences of doing that does not seem to overly concern them.

Looking at Forfar, with players like Douglas, Dods, Young, Husband, and Swankie, it doesn't seem like the cheapest part time squad ever. Indeed, the squads at Brechin and Forfar are pretty decent for this level. Certainly better than some of the other clubs they might be competing with. To what extent are they really living within their means? We all know that it's not just the full time teams in this league that have been spending being their immediate means.

Not that they don't deserve credit this season. And, not forgetting down the other end of the country, Aitken certainly deserves credit for the progress he's made at Stranraer.

This shouldn't be taken as a defence of the title of this thread btw.

Forfar and Brechin have both had a reputation for being run fairly soundly and living within their means. I may be wrong but I seem to recall both clubs have social club type income over and above any regular football income. I could be wrong though and confusing them with another club. Plus of course, Forfar earn money from their plastic pitch.

Forfar and Brechin have both had a reputation for being run fairly soundly and living within their means. I may be wrong but I seem to recall both clubs have social club type income over and above any regular football income. I could be wrong though and confusing them with another club. Plus of course, Forfar earn money from their plastic pitch.

So do Stenny. Although I'm not saying that they're not well run clubs, I have no idea, just pointing it about the assumptions about how clubs are run can go for both full and part time clubs. And that compared to other part time clubs they don't seem like shoestring budgets (which might be simply down to how well that they're run, again I have no idea).

Archived