Queen's Park v East Fife

...sorry no. The statistics and the sending off don't hide the fact that Queens were clearly better today. Better performance than recent games. No 14 did try quite hard to get sent off.

Managing only two shots on target for a game that you had a man advantage in for more than half that games duration hardly proves that your Team was "clearly better"!!!

And also, by your own admission, there was nothing wrong with our goal (I have to take your word for it I didn't see it) so therefore it should have been a draw, thus proving that I don't think there was anything between the sides!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Alessandro

Managing only two shots on target for a game that you had a man advantage in for more than half that games duration hardly proves that your Team was "clearly better"!!!

And also, by your own admission, there was nothing wrong with our goal (I have to take your word for it I didn't see it) so therefore it should have been a draw, thus proving that I don't think there was anything between the sides!!!

It was a goal.

I had it confirmed by a Queens player.

Think it's been confirmed by a couple of Queens on here as well!!!

Makes me feel like we were robbed now, damn my tea-bag like bladder!!!

Much better this week! We moved the ball about quickly and whilst we might not have had too many shots on target, we were fairly comfortable. Well, as comfortable as you can be with a one goal advantage.

Wharton deservedly man of the match and McElroy started like an express train, although he needs to be a bit better at deciding what to do when he's beaten his man.

Fairly erratic performance from the referee all round. Although Austin was perhaps unlucky with his second booking, he should have been off before that. He just seemed to lose the plot and should have been hooked.

We are individually and as a team a bit too inconsistent; it's not too often that everyone seems to click at the one time. But, hey, we're second top and Arbroath are sinking fast...life is good.

In Gus we trust.

Just as I thought a game to far for us. The camel treck to Elgin midweek took it out the team, and we were very slow out the blocks yesterday. Very hard for a part time team to play 2 games a week with a small squad and injuries soon mount up. Yesterday, we had Mullen, mcaleer, Kev Smith, big jules and Jordon Smith all missing. However other results went our way and the important thing is we now bounce back. Queens deserved their early lead but I thought we were just getting on top when Fash let the team and fans down. We competed well 2nd half with 10 men cant say if goal was offside or not, as a couple of games back I thought East Stirling goal at Bayview was offside, but highlights showed it was well on. Just one of those games we never got the luck with a deflected goal, and a less than clear offside call. Any way good luck to Queens in their quest for the title, if the prize is for best footballing team you deserve it. For East Fife its a 9 game season and if you had told me we would have been clear in 4th place in December, then I would have struggled to believe you, especially with the way we had performed in the first 18 games.

Jonathan Page also speaks, although it must have been emotionaly hard for him after being robbed of a perfectly legitimate goal, as he was!!!

If you count up the shots on target, and take into account the sending off, disallowed goal etc., yes it was a very close game. I think Naysmith gave a good account of the game too. My point remains that we controlled the midfield, defended comfortably, passed well, used the width of the pitch and looked dangerous getting behind the EF defence in a way that we didn't against East Stirlingshire last week. A big improvement.

I also agree we had our best spell before the sending off.

In Gus we trust.

think he got the team spot on yesterday McPherson holds the ball up well and brings others into play

Slightly worried about inability to kill teams off and string two good halves together tho

We'll have to up our game for the title but hey were in the mix we'd all have taken that at the start of the season...

If you count up the shots on target, and take into account the sending off, disallowed goal etc., yes it was a very close game. I think Naysmith gave a good account of the game too. My point remains that we controlled the midfield, defended comfortably, passed well, used the width of the pitch and looked dangerous getting behind the EF defence in a way that we didn't against East Stirlingshire last week. A big improvement.

I also agree we had our best spell before the sending off.

This isn't what you said though, you said and I quote, "we were clearly better"!!!

Now if I have taken it out of context and you meant "we were clearly better than we have been in previous weeks", then fair enough and I apologise, but if you meant that "we were clearly better than East Fife yesterday" then you obviously missed more of the game than I did going for that piss with 10 minutes to go!!!

You have been, as Naysmith has said, probably the best side we have faced in the division this season but you only won 3 points yesterday because of a shite refereeing decision !!!

We did not deserve to leave empty handed yesterday, that is the truth and that was with 10 men!!!

The Lino flagged as soon as the EF player made contact. Anyway QP should have had a pen as contact was clearly made which players admitted to after the game. There can be little complaint or sense of injustice as Ref decisions balanced out

The Lino flagged as soon as the EF player made contact.

What are you talking about, the disallowed goal???

This isn't what you said though, you said and I quote, "we were clearly better"!!!

Now if I have taken it out of context and you meant "we were clearly better than we have been in previous weeks", then fair enough and I apologise, but if you meant that "we were clearly better than East Fife yesterday" then you obviously missed more of the game than I did going for that piss with 10 minutes to go!!!

You have been, as Naysmith has said, probably the best side we have faced in the division this season but you only won 3 points yesterday because of a shite refereeing decision !!!

We did not deserve to leave empty handed yesterday, that is the truth and that was with 10 men!!!

I'm getting bored with this.

The statistics show that we had two shots on target and you had two shots on target. We had nine shots in total, you had four. Possesion 57%QP. We scored a goal, you had one disallowed. You went to ten men. On the face of it, quite close, and the situation meant there was always the chance that you could grab a goal and take a point.

Putting all that aside, EF did battle hard but in my opinion they didn't look as likely to score as QP. We took control of midfield, passed well and used the width. We opened up their defence more frequently and looked organised at the back.

I'm not arguing that the result wasn't close, just that we played better than you. You may disagree.

QP played Berwick a few weeks ago and stole a win from a really ropey performance - that's life, but i was more encouraged yesterday than I have been for a few weeks.

Goal was offside, if any part of your body you can score with is closer to the goal than the 2nd last player in the defending team then your offside.

This was definitely the case aswith Paige, as he was leaning goalward when making his run, thus putting him in an offside position.

e="Spiderer"

The Lino flagged as soon as the EF player made contact. Anyway QP should have had a pen as contact was clearly made which players admitted to after the game. There can be little complaint or sense of injustice as Ref decisions balanced out[/

so someone else saw the stonewall penalty denied,goal was offside, we won by the skin of our teeth,lets move on. hope east fife push on and finish well.

Good win. Always dodgy when it's only 1-0. Not sure if it's the old cliché or the fact that we don't seem to be able to kill teams off, but we played better against 11 that against 10. Or would you almost class it as 9 men given Riordan's impact?

I'd say the team selection was spot on.. would be interested to see that 11 get a few games in a row and see if we can get a run together...

Archived