Queen's Park v East Fife

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens Park are the most catchable at the moment, they may be 10 points ahead of us, but we're right bang on form, we play them on Saturday and we have a game in hand over them!!!

I'm not saying that we're going to challenge for the League or finish the season unbeaten but we ARE going to finishy it strongly, we are where we deserve to be, mainly because of an incredibly pish first half of the season but we do appear to have turned that around and are definitely the form team in the Division at the moment!!!

The hope that I'm clinging to is, that it is a very, very different East Fife that will be turning out at Hampden tomorrow, an East Fife with better players (Etxabeguren Leanizbarrutia, Dickson and hopefully Riordan), players hitting form at the right time (Austin, Brown and Mullen), a cohesive formation with players playing in their correct position (Brown Campbell and Naysmith) and a team playing full of confidence (unbeaten in 2015), whereas we have to hope it is the Queens Park of the 2-2 & 0-0 draws that turn up!!!

Naysmith Manager of the Month for February

Well!!!

That's that fucked then!!! :angry:

I think it's going to be a really tough game however, I feel as though we can just snatch a win as long as we put out the right team. Wharton, Miller and Carter should come in for McGregor, Burns and Moore

I think it's going to be a really tough game however, I feel as though we can just snatch a win as long as we put out the right team. Wharton, Miller and Carter should come in for McGregor, Burns and Moore

A huge three points and probably deserved it too, although I felt we looked a lot better when East Fife had 11 men on the park! Great to see Wharton back in the team and he didn't put a foot wrong. A huge player for us. McElroy looked like the player that we know he's shown he can be today and was pretty surprised when Gus took him off. His contribution was terrific with the goal, his trickery and his work rate. As always, I had that horrible feeling of dread as the game went longer and longer at 1-0, but we managed to see out the game. It could and maybe should have been more comfortable, but I don't really care how the points come at this stage.

Also- Nathan Austin :lol:

east fife for life

1.0 is respectable considering we played half the game a man down. What was Fash playing at? Well done on today's 3 points QP and good luck for rest of season.

very respectable,we missed a few chances like yourselves,but we had a penalty denied,highlights will hopefully show it,hope you guys kick on and win your remaining games,good luck,think you will do well, may even catch the one or two of the teams above,all the best.

Was covering the game today and first time I've seen either side play for a long time. Thought Queens were really good. Woods and McElroy were really good, though McElroy had habit of doing something great to beat his man then do nothing.

Not sure what Austin was aiming for today. Was like he was trying to get sent off. He cost his side today. Thought Page was superb and both keepers pulled off a superb save.

There were points when the game was really good, thrilling end to end and some neat play. Then there was times when it was spank the ball as hard as you can!

Honestly thought it was a very even game, even though we played for more than half of it with only ten men and no I've no idea what Fash was thinking either!!!

Would probably have obviously been a better game if we had kept 11 on the park, the stats show we had as many shots on target as QP did but they scored with one of theirs and we didn't, that is the only difference I saw between the teams!!!

Big Julen was a big big miss for us and our worrying lack of squad depth was shown again today with only three subs named plus the goalkeeping coach named as a Trialist. But no more midweek games back to Saturday to Saturday, our previous displays in the two games a week period has dragged us back to the heady heights of fourth so really can't complain too much about today's result, let's hope it is just a blip and we win all the rest!!!

Did anybody see Adeyemo's goal? Was it offside? I had to go for a pish then and missed it!!!

Guest Alessandro

Honestly thought it was a very even game, even though we played for more than half of it with only ten men and no I've no idea what Fash was thinking either!!!

Would probably have obviously been a better game if we had kept 11 on the park, the stats show we had as many shots on target as QP did but they scored with one of theirs and we didn't, that is the only difference I saw between the teams!!!

Big Julen was a big big miss for us and our worrying lack of squad depth was shown again today with only three subs named plus the goalkeeping coach named as a Trialist. But no more midweek games back to Saturday to Saturday, our previous displays in the two games a week period has dragged us back to the heady heights of fourth so really can't complain too much about today's result, let's hope it is just a blip and we win all the rest!!!

Did anybody see Adeyemo's goal? Was it offside? I had to go for a pish then and missed it!!!

Not even close to being offside.

That's from a player on the park

Would probably have obviously been a better game if we had kept 11 on the park, the stats show we had as many shots on target as QP did but they scored with one of theirs and we didn't, that is the only difference I saw between the teams!!!.....sorry no. The statistics and the sending off don't hide the fact that Queens were clearly better today. Better performance than recent games. No 14 did try quite hard to get sent off.

Guest Alessandro

Sean Dickson's talking shite.

You might be correct.

But you are not from what I hear. Which is not from Sean Dickson

Archived