Hibs v Falkirk

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scottish commentators or just in general?

Definitely favourite scottish one, would have to rack the brains to think of someone else. Off the top of my head I'd say Neville is also up there for me.

It's not been a bad game, just a bit cagey, both teams have good young Scots on show. I just hope that ICT go through tomorrow so we have a really competitive final.

If we're talking BBC Scotland Rob McLean on commentary is the best of a very bad bunch (Kermit the Frog or this Liam McLeod youngster). As for co-commentators...Pat Nevin by a mile, but he's been on studio duty for a while now it seems.

In the UK, Jonathan Pearce and Jim Beglin, but they work for different channels, so Jon Champion and Gary Neville.

Falkirks name must be on the cup.

2 cracking bits of luck so far.

Yep. Was thinking this has got 1-0 Falkirk written all over it after the ball went straight back off the post to McDonald.

Falkirks name must be on the cup.

2 cracking bits of luck so far.

God I hope so.

Missed the first 25 minutes, but we've been pretty poor in the 20 I have seen. No threat up front at all with this Morgan boy. I genuinely think bringing on wee O'Hara would be an improvement.

If we're talking BBC Scotland Rob McLean on commentary is the best of a very bad bunch (Kermit the Frog or this Liam McLeod youngster). As for co-commentators...Pat Nevin by a mile, but he's been on studio duty for a while now it seems.

PAT?!? Whit. McLeans a bit meh but he beats Patterson.

Just have to agree to disagree mate. :P

Liam McLeod is a c**t. I've got Sky on for this reason.

This. Although it means Andy Walker.

Ironically the best Scottish commentator around...doesn't commentate on Scottish Football. I've said it before on here but Richard Hughes is one of the best around.

I think commentators in general say far too much these days

Indeed. They ignore the basic fact that we can see what's going on. We don't need radio style 90 minutes of talk.

Liam McLeod is a c**t. I've got Sky on for this reason.

Ah. My feed is the BBC with Pat Bonner appearing to be like a character from Father Ted. So I changed the stream and Steven Pressley is butchering the Hibs players' names, looking like a character from Inspector Morse. Hobson's choice.

Indeed. They ignore the basic fact that we can see what's going on. We don't need radio style 90 minutes of talk.

As the late Richie Benaud said, add something to the pictures or else keep your mouth shut. And most definitely don't just tell the viewers precisely what they've just seen - take note Trevor Francis and Michael Stewart.

Edited to add just reminded that the Agueroooooooooooooooo commentary is utterly atrocious; up there with Peter "Martin"'s "genius by McFadden" embarrassment.

As the late Richie Benaud said, add something to the pictures or else keep your mouth shut. And most definitely don't just tell the viewers precisely what they've just seen - take note Trevor Francis and Michael Stewart.

I'm not a cricket follower but I picked up during one of his tributes that he was never afraid of silence during a tv broadcast.

Even on radio summaries that exactly what they do. The main commentator states what's happened then the co-clown repeats it more loudly, more drawn out and more irritatingly, usually whilst murdering the English language.

This. Although it means Andy Walker.

Ironically the best Scottish commentator around...doesn't commentate on Scottish Football. I've said it before on here but Richard Hughes is one of the best around.

Who he?

The only Richard Hughes I've heard of is the jockey.

Archived