World Cup 2018 Qualifying

35 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Well not really.  Seeing 2 out off 3 of them got into the play offs. Scotland ....

Indeed.

Also, Wales and Scotland were a point away from making the playoffs.

Realistically though the WC is probably too much of an ask for the smaller nations or more than one of us (IRE, SCO, NI, WAL) getting to. The Euros though as we embarrassingly enough found out last year, being the absolute minter who didn't get there, should be fair game of at least a playoff spot away.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Australia-Honduras is a tough one.

Honduras are undoubtedly one of international football's most negative teams; brutal, cynical cloggers. If we're looking at it purely from a football perspective, then I'd much rather Australia, but on the other hand, Australians seem to generally be arrogant c***s.

Thoroughly pleasing to see Ireland humiliated tonight. Hopefully the end of their "successful" era and they suffer for a couple of decades like we've had to.

9 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Has there ever been a worse international footballer than that perma-angry, square-headed, pikey f*ckwit, McLean ???

Bit thick that considerings he’s arguably been Irelands best player this campaign.

8 hours ago, Yossarian said:

Aye, it's the worst Irish team I've seen in a long time, too much mediocrity throughout. Doesn't seem to be many prospects to replace them with either. Dunno what'll happen to O'Neill. He's only after signing a new contract. I think the fans have ran out of patience with him. The football is turgid but most could accept that if they qualified. He's a busted flush.

Yeah the Irish team seems to be getting worse year on year in the past decade with nobody of note coming through.  I have said there is bascially nothing between them and Scotland in the past two campaigns when you look at the squads, but they have made the Euros and play offs. You wont see any project bravesque stuff though as football is arguably the 3rd/4th choice sport in Ireland so it wont have the same attention.  I think O’Neill is on a hiding to nothing to be honest, can see him leaving despite the new contract.

10 minutes ago, Finch road said:

These 2 teams are woeful. Bottom of the group material

perfect - always good to see the fucking convicts embarrassed in front of a worldwide audience, seeing the confrontational set of arrogant arseholes made to look second-rate at anything is an absolute joy...

6 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

perfect - always good to see the fucking convicts embarrassed in front of a worldwide audience, seeing the confrontational set of arrogant arseholes made to look second-rate at anything is an absolute joy...

They are genuinely shit

Archived