The League of Shadows

jagfox

I would assume they would just draft the rookie picks like they were players.

Makes sense. So thatd be a pool of:

Drew Brees

Ben Rothlisberger

Frank Gore

Rashad Jennings

Fred Jackson

Chris Johnson

Randall Cobb

Julien Edelman

Larry Fitzgerald

Anquan Boldin

Julius Thomas

Dwayne Allen

Charles Clay

Daaaaaan Bailey (still wearing them white Nikes)

Adam Vinatieri

Shaun Suisham

Greg Zuerlein

Panthers DST

Rams DST

Patriots DST

Bills DST

Plus rookie draft picks bear in mind they could change depending on keepers;

1.01 (1st overall)

1.07 (7th overall)

2.01 (at most 17th overall)

2.07 (at most 23rd overall)

3.01 (at most 33rd overall)

3.07 (at most 39th overall)

4.01 (at most 49th overall)

4.07 (at most 55th overall)

5.01 (at most 65th overall)

5.07 (at most 81st overall)

Id say it would be a bit rubbish to include free agents etc. in that, different if it were brand new 'expansion'-type teams, this would really be more of a redistribution of talent to make them more equal

Personally, I'm happy to leave it up to the 2 new owners to decide what they wanna do, whether they wanna draft "new" teams like the above or stick with what they've got.

If they wanna dip into the FA pool then it should cost them their draft picks starting with their 1st rounders.

Hi folks,

I have spoke to steelmen and we are both happy just to stick with what we have to keep things simple for everyone.

We look forward to building our dynasties from the ground up and winning it all.......in about 12 seasons time!

Kev

Hi folks,

I have spoke to steelmen and we are both happy just to stick with what we have to keep things simple for everyone.

We look forward to building our dynasties from the ground up and winning it all.......in about 12 seasons time!

Kev

Sent you a trade...

Alfred Morris signing for Dallas is an unexpected bonus for my team, though they may draft RB in the draft.

Id be surprised if they did; be a bit of a waste re-signing Dunbar and keeping Darren McFadden if they were going to draft someone as well as picking up Morris

Possibly. Will have a think about what else I'd need to make me part with Mariota.

What else...? Surely a high-ish end WR is so much more valuable than a mid-tier QB, no?

Fair points, but I reckon Mariota is going to have a cracking season this year. I reckon he'll be a top 10 fantasy QB. That's probably why I'm a little reluctant to let him go.

I'll probably end up going into the season with him and Winston. If anyone wants Romo I'll deal him for a 2nd rounder.

Fair points, but I reckon Mariota is going to have a cracking season this year. I reckon he'll be a top 10 fantasy QB. That's probably why I'm a little reluctant to let him go.

I'll probably end up going into the season with him and Winston. If anyone wants Romo I'll deal him for a 2nd rounder.

He probably will, its not a slight on Mariota at all. But even in a 16 team league quarterback is a pretty low value position where WR is very high value, especially in dynasty. With it being very short benches in this league as well, its really difficult to justify carrying a QB outside of the top tier if hes not your every week starter

Quarterback is pretty much the least valuable position after kickers. Last year in my redraft I went through Romo, TyGod, Carr and Kirk Cousins en route to getting pumped in the final!

I mean its obviously pretty different in deeper leagues since you cant really stream like that. But in dynasty leagues, outside of the top...8 maybe? the value of them drops off significantly. I understand potential and all that skews younger guys up, but bear in mind there are at least 4 new QBs who become relevant every year who also have increasing potential

Look at what you managed to get the last couple of years through rookie draft/free agency; Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater, Cousins, Tyrod Taylor, plus all the lower rung guys who have had or will have startable weeks like Hoyer/Osweiler/Fitzpatrick/RG3/Case Keenum/Mark Sanchez/Blaine Gabbert. Fair enough Mariota is probably going to have a much better season than most of those guys with the potential exception of Bortles, Carr and Taylor, but thats still fairly middle of the pack.

If you think of it in terms of startup drafts, Mariota is likely going in the 7th or 8th round factoring in potential. As much as I dont really like him, the current ADP on Keenan Allen is early-mid 2nd round in redraft. Playing it safe, call that early second in dynasty startups - you'd be laughed out the league if you picked Mariota there.

The other factor is need of course; if you have a buyer with a decent team but is stuck with 2 guys from that bottom tier at QB then by all means hold them to ransom.

• 1 month later...