Scotland v Qatar

Lyle Lanley

I'm glad I read this.

I had to listen to a pal of mine, who has literally never had a negative thing to say about any Scottish Celtic player ever, tell me Forrest is still untapped potential.

I'm nursing a banging hangover trying to get over that one.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James Forrest is gash. Spent the match falling over and failing to deliver a decent cross. Made a few 'neckless' challenges too.

Utter waste of a jersey and in an evening littered with meh performances his stood out as inept.

Aberdeen fans are infamous for being terrible judges of players, so you'll forgive me if I just laugh at your opinion.

You probably think that dross like Mark Reynolds and Ryan Jack should be in the team.

Did I mention any Dons players?

Reynolds this season hasn't shown enough to get into the Scotland team. We are however very short on CB options and to be called up so many times without a single cap is a little harsh. Games like this one are where you should play fringe players. He shouldn't get in on merit but I do feel for the guy.

Ryan Jack isn't good enough to play either. CM is one of our strongest positions and he's not going to get in ahead of Brown, Morrison, Fletcher etc. I do like the policy of calling up youngsters to get them bedded in with the squad early on. Jack will be a Scotland regular when he moves from Aberdeen and I'd like to see players like him called up from time to time. The same applies to other players with great potential (Gauld, Henderson, etc)

I don't think that you can judge my capacity to analyse a footballer by the club I support.

Wouldn't play Forrest for Aberdeen :lol:

Can't believe the slagging he's getting here, his final ball was pish but he went on a lot of very good runs, was the only guy in the team running past players tonight, he was Scotland's best player after Forsyth

If he improved that final ball he could be a great asset, I expect him to come on against ROI late on if we are chasing the game after that performance tonight

I'm by no means a Forrest lover and he wouldn't be anywhere near my starting line up in a fully fit Scotland team.....However he is nowhere near as bad as some people are making out

really? tell me the last time he had a half decent game never mind a good one. For someone who is a bit part player for Celtic I can't understand how he gets in the Scotland squad at all, oh wait I can its cause he plays with Celtic, he'd never be near the squad on his form of past 2 seasons if he was at a smaller team and I'm usually biased towards my own teams players but him and mulgrew just don't do anything in Celtic or Scotland jerseys

"Went on a lot of good runs". We were playing Qatar FFS. Outpacing a full back who gets three breaks per match in his domestic league is hardly anything to get excited about, and the fact he created absolutely nothing against such a shite side reflects even more badly on him. Id rather we focus on players who can actually get goals or assists, than persist with someone who cant get them simply because hes a wee bit faster.

"Went on a lot of good runs". We were playing Qatar FFS. Outpacing a full back who gets three breaks per match in his domestic league is hardly anything to get excited about, and the fact he created absolutely nothing against such a shite side reflects even more badly on him. Id rather we focus on players who can actually get goals or assists, than persist with someone who cant get them simply because hes a wee bit faster.

Aye we were playing Qatar...

And I can only think of a few players for us that looked any good, Forrest was one, he's getting slagged far to much, just like Ritchie

really? tell me the last time he had a half decent game never mind a good one. For someone who is a bit part player for Celtic I can't understand how he gets in the Scotland squad at all, oh wait I can its cause he plays with Celtic, he'd never be near the squad on his form of past 2 seasons if he was at a smaller team and I'm usually biased towards my own teams players but him and mulgrew just don't do anything in Celtic or Scotland jerseys

Mulgrew was MOTM in our biggest game of the campaign so far...

Mulgrew was MOTM in our biggest game of the campaign so far...

so that justifys his place in the team, he's played 45mins for Celtic in 6 months and done nothing of note before that since he won p.o.y....so shouldn't even be in the team regardless of a one off motm game..the fact being there both shite and have no form but are in the team because of the odd good performance in the past and who they play for which is totally wrong

so that justifys his place in the team, he's played 45mins for Celtic in 6 months and done nothing of note before that since he won p.o.y....so shouldn't even be in the team regardless of a one off motm game..the fact being there both shite and have no form but are in the team because of the odd good performance in the past and who they play for which is totally wrong

No he's in the team because he's a good player that WGS trusts

HTH

No he's in the team because he's a good player that WGS trusts

HTH

Strachan said when got the job players who're playing well and in form will be in the team, they have done neither in 2 seasons there's better players than they 2 out there who would do a far better job... .2-0 victory against Ireland I reckon

Strachan said when got the job players who're playing well and in form will be in the team, they have done neither in 2 seasons there's better players than they 2 out there who would do a far better job... .2-0 victory against Ireland I reckon

He also said he wants to make it like a club side. Who'd be better to have in the squad than Mulgrew? A guy that can play CB,LB and Centre midfield well if needed, a guy that always turns up for Scotland, a guy the squad know and trust, a guy that's got experience of huge games, a guy who was the best player on the pitch the last time we played Ireland, who'd be better to call up than Mulgrew?

he went on a lot of very good runs, was the only guy in the team running past players tonight

The boy in the scud went on a lot of good runs and ran past quite a few of their players. Maybe we should call him up!

He also said he wants to make it like a club side. Who'd be better to have in the squad than Mulgrew? A guy that can play CB,LB and Centre midfield well if needed, a guy that always turns up for Scotland, a guy the squad know and trust, a guy that's got experience of huge games, a guy who was the best player on the pitch the last time we played Ireland, who'd be better to call up than Mulgrew?

he's done nothing to earn his place in the squad doesn't matter how many f#cking positions he can play ffs he has hands does that make him good cover for the gk position

Forrest had a few neat turns and set up a fair few chances too (not from his crosses unfortunately). It was his crossing and decision making after getting past his first man that let him down. I don't agree with Willie miller etc saying he was outstanding, but I don't buy this 'he's utter pish' toot either.

He needs 90 mins every week for a few months to show his best form.

Archived