Scotland v Qatar

Lyle Lanley

Who would you have instead??????

well he's in the squad listed as a defender and hes prob 4th choice as left back so he's cover for cb and I'd rather have danny Wilson a man who just captained his team to a storming championship title victory rather than someone who's played 45mins in 5-6 months

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well he's in the squad listed as a defender and hes prob 4th choice as left back so he's cover for cb and I'd rather have danny Wilson a man who just captained his team to a storming championship title victory rather than someone who's played 45mins in 5-6 months

Danny Wilson over Mulgrew?

Oh dear oh dear. :lol:

Danny Wilson over Mulgrew?

Oh dear oh dear. :lol:

as I've said the squad should be on form and not what you did 2years ago and who you play for....and as Wilson has been linked with Celtic IF he signs he'll be straight in the next squad available

Mulgrew deserved his place. His performance against Ireland was phenomenal and why wouldn't Strachan play the players who have played best for him. There is often too much of an influence from club form, often a player fits into a clubs system and shines where he might not for the national team.

England suffered from this when they had many players playing at the top level in the mid 2000s. They chopped and changed based on who was doing the best for their club team and didn't build their own system of playing.

WGS has said he wants to make it a proper team and to do this he has to show trust in the players who have done well for him. This means playing the same CHs together, and allowing partnerships to be built across the pitch. I don't agree with his use of Forrest but Mulgrew fully deserves his place.

as I've said the squad should be on form and not what you did 2years ago and who you play for....and as Wilson has been linked with Celtic IF he signs he'll be straight in the next squad available

Oh dear God.

It's not on what anyone did 2 year ago, it's not on what team you play for, it's on how good a player you are. Considering Mulgrew is 10 times the player Wilson is and was MOTM in the last game v Ireland means he more than deserves his place in the team, the fact he can also be good cover in so many positions works in his favour. Mulgrew is not only much better and more experienced than Danny Wilson at centre half, but at left back and central midfield too.

Crazy shout and just proves my point you're moaning about Mulgrew for no reason whatsoever.

It's not on what anyone did 2 year ago, it's not on what team you play for, it's on how good a player you are. Considering Mulgrew is 10 times the player Wilson is and was MOTM in the last game v Ireland means he more than deserves his place in the team, the fact he can also be good cover in so many positions works in his favour. Mulgrew is not only much better and more experienced than Danny Wilson at centre half, but at left back and central midfield too.

Crazy shout and just proves my point you're moaning about Mulgrew for no reason whatsoever.

so your putting him in your team from 1 good game for Scotland in what 15 or so caps that makes sense, he has been out injured for 6 months for Celtic and before that has done nothing in a Celtic shirt since winning poty

Forrest has all the attributes to be a decent winger but his final ball is piss poor. He definitely needs a long run in the Celtic team.

He's pish. End off.

He'll be playing at Swindon in 2 years time.

Think folk are over reacting a bit with the Danny Wilson shout, it's not like we are blessed with great centre backs these days, saying that i wouldn't have him in the squad at this moment in time. My preferred centre half partnership would be Martin and Berra, i am not a fan of Greer at all.

I reckon Mulgrew will start at left-back against Ireland. I wouldn't pick him there, but Strachan will go for height in the back four I think.

I actually prefer him there. It really isn't great if one of your centre halves is taking corners, it seems to me.

I think he'll start at left back too.

Archived