County 'n' Killie

Does Morrissey like anything? Miserable ***t.

Ennui.

I like the Smiths, but am not sure if I'd see Morrissey live. I'd just miss Johnny Marr if he did any Smiths songs.

Would be like watching Scott Boyd training by himself, instead of watching County (desperate attempt to make this post football-related).

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Killie unbeaten in 7 eh, although 5 of them were draws. Longest run in the league currently, followed by ourselves. We did recently end Dundee's one-game-longer unbeaten run... Hard one to call, though I'd fancy us not to lose. I also wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the bottom 2 pick up a point or more at the weekend. It's gonna stay interesting down here for a good while yet.

So Killie unbeaten in 7 eh, although 5 of them were draws. Longest run in the league currently, followed by ourselves. We did recently end Dundee's one-game-longer unbeaten run... Hard one to call, though I'd fancy us not to lose. I also wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the bottom 2 pick up a point or more at the weekend. It's gonna stay interesting down here for a good while yet.

Who do you prefer though, Johnny Marr or Morrissey?

Who do you prefer though, Johnny Marr or Morrissey?

Surely there's no person that prefers Marr to Morrissey? The question should be would you go to see Morrissey without Marr? FWIW, he always seems to do 'How Soon Is Now?' live which is the one Smiths song that sorely lacks JM's input live. Anyway, I've never not enjoyed a Morrissey concert, probably 'cos he does keep the Smiths songs down to a minimum.

Surely there's no person that prefers Marr to Morrissey? The question should be would you go to see Morrissey without Marr? FWIW, he always seems to do 'How Soon Is Now?' live which is the one Smiths song that sorely lacks JM's input live. Anyway, I've never not enjoyed a Morrissey concert, probably 'cos he does keep the Smiths songs down to a minimum.

I think the question is really Marr+Morrissey or Morrissey alone.

When Moz made his comeback 10+ years ago I vowed not to see him live, he could never be as special as those Smiths records were to me as an adolescent.

Marr is fucking brilliant live.

Depends what mood mozza is in.

Cats. He likes cats.

sHIT! I knew that. Reasonably confident 'ennui' is true though.

I've heard folk say they prefer Marr...

For all that I said I wouldn't want to see Smiths without Marr, I saw Alice in Chains live with William Duvall after Layne Stayley died, was weird when they did the old songs, but still good.

Also seen Underworld without Darren Emerson, or recently without Rick Smith, was still good though. Emerson and Smith are easier to replace live than Karl Hyde would be.

Maybe I'm a hypocrite... I think because they split up with ill-feeling, and I like Marr, I would feel odd seeing them without Marr? AIC and Underworld don't have anything like that to factor in.

Oh aye, fitbaw. Goals 'n' that ken?

Aye, football, I like it when they score pure rakes of goals like, but if only if my team still wins! Lolz!

Burgess, Meite, Saunders, Palazuelos, Dunfield and Quinn (Rocco) all played for the Dev squad today.

Dont think any will start on Saturday, unless there are injuries like last week, but we're beginning to get everyone back to fitness.

Sure I heard Richie is back in full training today as well.

The Smiths are alright. I mean they're better than a lot of the rubbish we're subjected to just now in the "indie" music scene but I would struggle to make it through their back catalogue.

Morrissey is complete c**t. He's got a handful of good songs but Christ, he's churned out more than his fair share of shit. And he has the whole "divorced father trying to rediscover his youth" vibe on the go.

I've no real opinion on Johnny Marr. He's got a dreadful haircut though.

FOOTBALL, people. Come on.

I'm hoping we line up:

Brown Cat

Fraser Garfield Boyd Reckord

Kitten

Marr Woods Garden Cat

Morrissey Sphinx

With Jarvis Cocker and Stray replacing Garden and Morrissey after 70 or so if the game's still 0-0 / 1-1 or whatever.

Not a bad side, glad you brought Marr in, Morrissey is shit without him

Archived